Native Completed Battle of the Bastards (BoB) Duel Tourney

Users who are viewing this thread

Zaffa said:
Mr.X said:
Zaffa said:
Chill bro. I was referring to the different "ranges" of fighting. The hbs and bs offer the best variation of upper medium and close range fighting. The gs is too long ranged and lends itself to a large amount of "range dancing" and "thrust offs/chamber wars". In contrast, the hbs and bs allow for people to play a little bit of the range game while still having proper close range fighting.

The best "variation" would be achieved by letting people use any weapon, instead of limiting it to 2.
Allowing all weapons is actually more limiting than forcing hbs/bs. Though no restrictions let people use whatever, from a practical standpoint, it basically forces everyone to use gs.

It does not, in any way, force people to use a greatsword, and numerous people have used bastard and heavy bastard swords in previous tournaments that allowed all weapons.

Zaffa said:
Mr.X said:
So basically certain ways of playing are stupid to you, so you won't let anyone play them. Hok, just wondering if there was any actual logic.

Zaffa said:
Though close fighting is "possible" with any weapon, the gs can often be "random" in its damage when players hug each other too much. What might be a 1 shot one second is a glance the second.

Some people might say that it depends on footwork, but obviously the order in which players press their keys is pretty random, so I totally get what you're saying there :roll:
Stop with the strawmans. The gs obviously has its issues as close range, and although it isn't ridiculous, it does glitch from time to time. The weapon also doesn't allow for as many variations of close range combat due to its range/weapon length.

Not sure what a strawman is. Of course it has issues at close range, it's a big weapon. But it doesn't glitch. It behaves the way it's intended too. The weapon doesn't allow it's user as many variations of close range combat. The opponent can do whatever he wants.

Zaffa said:
Unless you suddenly became gifted with the ability to stomp me into the ground, don't pretend that you know more regarding dueling/melee combat and that I have never played the game before.

pls.

MrNomNom said:
Zaffa said:
It's been too long since this community had a proper duel tourney. Whether it be sharpened sticks or weighted armor, something always seems to take away from the more recent duel tourneys. For this reason, I have decided to host a tourney of my own, a tourney that returns to the roots that brought so many tears long ago.

Two months?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,256026.0.html

Pls. Nvno copied and pasted my rules from DDT.

SirTristan said:
MrNomNom said:
Zaffa said:
It's been too long since this community had a proper duel tourney. Whether it be sharpened sticks or weighted armor, something always seems to take away from the more recent duel tourneys. For this reason, I have decided to host a tourney of my own, a tourney that returns to the roots that brought so many tears long ago.

Two months?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,256026.0.html

Pls. Nvno copied and pasted my rules from DDT.

and your point is??

In-Game Name: Mafioso
Forums Profile Link: <------
Steam Name/ or Link: Mafioso/sarto_kicks_ass
NA or EU:NA

I think the original critique was that the OP is disdainful of gimmicky dueling tournaments but the rules of this tournament have a major gimmick. Ergo, Zaffa is a hypocrite. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom