Native Completed Battle of the Bastards (BoB) Duel Tourney

Users who are viewing this thread

Zaffa

News: Brackets Posted. Supremo Fire Round Match Due Wed Mar 27
300px-MKomarck_JonSnowLC_II.jpg

It's been too long since this community had a proper duel tourney. Whether it be sharpened sticks or weighted armor, something always seems to take away from the more recent duel tourneys. For this reason, I have decided to host a tourney of my own, a tourney that returns to the roots that brought so many tears long ago.

Basic Rules:
  • This is a North American tournament. EU players are welcome to sign up and compete, though.
  • Double elimination.
  • First to 7 duels.
  • Heavy Bastard Sword and Bastard Sword are the only viable weapons.
  • No armor will be permitted.
  • Rounds must be played as Swadia.
  • Duels must be fought within a week. Disputes about scheduling and (in)activity will be resolved by me through PMs or Steam.
Server/Map Rules:
  • Any fastest speed server set to Duel mode is acceptable, so long as it's agreed upon by both duelists.
  • Since this is an NA tournament, all NA vs. EU duels must be played on a suitable East Coast duel server, unless the NA player pings higher than 75, in which case a more appropriate server may be chosen.
  • All rounds must be fought on Arena inside the ring.
Signups
  • Signups will last until desired number of participants are registered.
  • Matches will begin 1 week after signups conclude.
  • No substitutes will be allowed after first week of fights.

Signups Form
  • In-Game Name:
  • Forums Profile Link:
  • Steam Name/ or Link:
  • NA or EU:

New Rule:
No crowding will be permitted prior to the start of each round. Players will instead be expected to start from their respective sides of the ring. Should crowding occur, the player at fault will receive an automatic loss of the round.

List of Participants

Brackets
BattleofB.png

Zaffa said:
It's been too long since this community had a proper duel tourney. Whether it be sharpened sticks or weighted armor, something always seems to take away from the more recent duel tourneys. For this reason, I have decided to host a tourney of my own, a tourney that returns to the roots that brought so many tears long ago.

Two months?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,256026.0.html

MrNomNom said:
Fehnor said:
Zaffa said:
something always seems to take away from the more recent duel tourneys.

Heavy Bastard Sword and Bastard Sword are the only viable weapons.

hmm...

wait I didn't even see that.

why zaffa, why :sad:((((((
Without it, the tourney would just break between GS and 2H users. HBS and BS are perfect balance between 1/2 handers.

Zaffa said:

Zaffa said:
  • Heavy Bastard Sword and Bastard Sword are the only viable weapons.
  • Rounds must be played as Swadia.

Oy.

Zaffa said:
  • Since this is an NA tournament, all NA vs. EU duels must be played on a suitable East Coast duel server, unless the NA player pings higher than 95, in which case a more appropriate server may be chosen.

95 in an American tournament for an American is kinda BS. Some EU players can get 80ish on east coast servers.

Zaffa said:
MrNomNom said:
Fehnor said:
Zaffa said:
something always seems to take away from the more recent duel tourneys.

Heavy Bastard Sword and Bastard Sword are the only viable weapons.

hmm...

wait I didn't even see that.

why zaffa, why :sad:((((((
Without it, the tourney would just break between GS and 2H users. HBS and BS are perfect balance between 1/2 handers.

Thats great that you think the only 2 swords that can be used as 1 or 2 handed are a good balance between 1 and 2 handed weapons. Of course, I'm not sure why a dueling tournament /should/ be a "perfect balance between 1/2 handers". Care to explain?

Mr.X said:
Thats great that you think the only 2 swords that can be used as 1 or 2 handed are a good balance between 1 and 2 handed weapons. Of course, I'm not sure why a dueling tournament /should/ be a "perfect balance between 1/2 handers". Care to explain?
Chill bro. I was referring to the different "ranges" of fighting. The hbs and bs offer the best variation of upper medium and close range fighting. The gs is too long ranged and lends itself to a large amount of "range dancing" and "thrust offs/chamber wars". In contrast, the hbs and bs allow for people to play a little bit of the range game while still having proper close range fighting.

Though close fighting is "possible" with any weapon, the gs can often be "random" in its damage when players hug each other too much. What might be a 1 shot one second is a glance the second.

I understand that people are used to gs dueling, even if the weapon argueably isn;t the most ideal duel weapon, and possibly won't want to use something that might force them to adjust their style. That said, I am standing by the hbs/bs requirement until it is abundantly clear that the tournament will not be possible without gs.

I hope you all realize any argument on this topic is futile because it's a duel tournament. No matter how horrible the organization is (not claiming Zaffa's is) it will still get the number of people that it needs.

Anyways, wish you the best of luck.

Zaffa said:
Chill bro. I was referring to the different "ranges" of fighting. The hbs and bs offer the best variation of upper medium and close range fighting. The gs is too long ranged and lends itself to a large amount of "range dancing" and "thrust offs/chamber wars". In contrast, the hbs and bs allow for people to play a little bit of the range game while still having proper close range fighting.

The best "variation" would be achieved by letting people use any weapon, instead of limiting it to 2.

So basically certain ways of playing are stupid to you, so you won't let anyone play them. Hok, just wondering if there was any actual logic.

Zaffa said:
Though close fighting is "possible" with any weapon, the gs can often be "random" in its damage when players hug each other too much. What might be a 1 shot one second is a glance the second.

Some people might say that it depends on footwork, but obviously the order in which players press their keys is pretty random, so I totally get what you're saying there :roll:

Zaffa said:
I understand that people are used to gs dueling, even if the weapon argueably isn;t the most ideal duel weapon, and possibly won't want to use something that might force them to adjust their style. That said, I am standing by the hbs/bs requirement until it is abundantly clear that the tournament will not be possible without gs.

hok.

Mr.X said:
Zaffa said:

The best "variation" would be achieved by letting people use any weapon, instead of limiting it to 2.
Allowing all weapons is actually more limiting than forcing hbs/bs. Though no restrictions let people use whatever, from a practical standpoint, it basically forces everyone to use gs.

Mr.X said:
So basically certain ways of playing are stupid to you, so you won't let anyone play them. Hok, just wondering if there was any actual logic.

Zaffa said:

Some people might say that it depends on footwork, but obviously the order in which players press their keys is pretty random, so I totally get what you're saying there :roll:
Stop with the strawmans. The gs obviously has its issues as close range, and although it isn't ridiculous, it does glitch from time to time. The weapon also doesn't allow for as many variations of close range combat due to its range/weapon length.

Unless you suddenly became gifted with the ability to stomp me into the ground, don't pretend that you know more regarding dueling/melee combat and that I have never played the game before.

Pissed because theres no greatswords? Go make or join a tourney that allows them

I like bastard swords and theres nothing wrong with having a dueling tournament with one weapon type, its Zaffa's tourney he can do whatever he wants lol

In-Game Name: KoA_King_John
Forums Profile Link: BeepBeep
Steam Name/ or Link: Sir_Jon
NA or EU: Amurrica

In-Game Name: Beer
    Forums Profile Link: <<<<<<<<<<<
    Steam Name/ or Link: beerandale
    NA or EU: NA

Back
Top Bottom