OSP 2D Art [M&B] *UPDATED* D'Sparil's Low-res Texture Pack for Vanilla & TLD

Users who are viewing this thread

So your 486 DX2 with 16 mb of ram can't handle M&B? fear not! this texture pack will vastly improve performance for the lower end pcs with crappy graphics cards (much more than using the slider).
Now low res textures for The Last Days are included  :grin:

Download:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=510

Instructions:
-Make a backup of the textures folder.
-Extract the low res pack.
-Copy/paste the textures. Vanilla's textures go to Mount&Blade\Textures. TLD'S go to Mount&Blade\Modules\TLD\Textures.

And thats it!

Since vanilla's textures are used by most mods this should improve performance on them too.

If you find any problems/bugs/whatever, let me know.

Thats cool. I couldn't find any bugs. It's working nice. But I've forgot to backup texture folder :mrgreen:

Do you mean texture detail or screen resolution? oh, and just to sound like a prick, here is the  :roll: smilie.

I have been doing this since 0.751, so i had most of it ready to release, i might be releasing a TLD pack soon.

Bloid said:
Will this work for .751 too?
A couple of textures have changed since 0.751 (like the character screen) horewer most remain the same. To start, when you extract the pack do not overwrite character_window.dds, take it from there and with a bit of trial and error you could make it work.

Damnit, i have tried to upload the damn thing like 6 times, both modifying the current low res pack, and as a new submission, it says it was succesfully uploaded, then it takes me to the main page, and nothing happens.  :mad:

Do you mean texture detail or screen resolution?

Texture detail, in the game options part. I don't mean to sound like a prick, but this mod is kind of pointless. Setting the texture detail low will get the textures low-res and the performance up.

El Duke said:
Do you mean texture detail or screen resolution?

Texture detail, in the game options part. I don't mean to sound like a prick, but this mod is kind of pointless. Setting the texture detail low will get the textures low-res and the performance up.

If that had worked for me, i wouldn't have done this. The loading times are shorter, and the performance is much better than using the texture detail slider (like i said in the first post). Trust me, thanks to this i was able to play TLD in 0.751 on a pentium 3 500 with a tnt2 m64. Having one of the ****tiest pcs on the whole forum (celeron 1,7), i know a lot about improving m&b performance. Next time, try the damn thing before jumping to conclusions.

good work :grin:

my PC has about 5 gigs of memory left...i started with 200 two years ago, i need to start conserving space, or saving money. or both.

will grab the TLD one now, thanks!

D'Sparil said:
The size of the TLD texture folder has been reduced from 242 to 56 mb  :razz:

I'll check out TLD once more.

If this works, it's about to become the Holy... Quadrinity?

Ok- first issue:

I cut the normal texture folder out and placed it outside of the module, than c&p the LR folder in.

The game fails to open in the initial loading menu- it crashes, and an RGL error states that it cannot open Textures\body_orc_body.dds . I tried replacing this particular piece of information with the original one, and the same error occurs. Any ideas?

Well, I tried it for 0.751 for my largely Native mod (using items from other mods, so no release) following instructions, and it worked. No glitches except for costumes2.dds, which rendered some items such as the linen tunic all-white. Just replaced it with the original.

Grunwalder said:
Ok- first issue:

I cut the normal texture folder out and placed it outside of the module, than c&p the LR folder in.

The game fails to open in the initial loading menu- it crashes, and an RGL error states that it cannot open Textures\body_orc_body.dds . I tried replacing this particular piece of information with the original one, and the same error occurs. Any ideas?
No no no, you have to copy the files, the "TLD  LR Textures" folder is just for guidance. Do not copy/paste the folder, copy/paste the files inside it. Copy all the files inside the "TLD LR Textures" folder, and paste them in Mount&Blade\Modules\TLD\Textures

Bloid said:
Well, I tried it for 0.751 for my largely Native mod (using items from other mods, so no release) following instructions, and it worked. No glitches except for costumes2.dds, which rendered some items such as the linen tunic all-white. Just replaced it with the original.
Glad you got it to work with 0.751, the issue with costumes2.dds is because that texture changed between 0.751 and 0.808

wow, I tried the TLD pack and it works fine- I can finally fight battles without waiting 5 minutes for the armies to load :grin:
and it looks much better than lowering the terxture detail button, too! great work ,D'sparil.

Back
Top Bottom