"My martial art is better than yours, nyaa!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Fair enough. That's why I'm learning Judo to complement my armed combat skills - the more you know, the less can catch you off guard.

Kenjutsu still beats the crap out of Kendo, though.

Knight of Cydonia said:
Kenjutsu still beats the crap out of Kendo, though.

What is your ryuha and location? You don't have to answer, but I just like to keep updated on which kenjutsu koryu are available outside of Japan.

Of course, when making comparisons it's always helpful to remember that different things (whether it's martial arts, weapons, or anything else) are often intended to fill different niches. Some swords are meant more for cutting, others more for thrusting. Some martial arts are meant more for defense, others more for sport. It can be apples and oranges even when it's not obviously so. :smile:

Without giving away too much of where exactly I am, I live in Greater London, and my sensei is a Japanese immigrant who was taught at Kashima Shinto-ryū, by the current headmaster Yoshikawa Tsuenetaka, before he moved here, where he uses the same practices. I understand if you'd want more, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable giving away more.

No. Atleast when agruing like this: "my gun with aimpoint is better than your gun without"... i quess same would go with axes and stuff.  That is called tactical wanking.  :wink:

Knight of Cydonia said:
Without giving away too much of where exactly I am, I live in Greater London, and my sensei is a Japanese immigrant who was taught at Kashima Shinto-ryū, by the current headmaster Yoshikawa Tsuenetaka, before he moved here, where he uses the same practices. I understand if you'd want more, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable giving away more.

Thanks for the info. I'm in the wrong country, but if I'm going to London I'll look it up.

Back
Top Bottom