Crashing, Low FPS, and Lag Fixes

Users who are viewing this thread

Crashing on Joining a Server:

Fixes:
  • Enable "Environment Shadows" and "Character Shadows" in your Warband options.
  • Update Warband to at least the required version listed on the download page (currently 1.15:cool:.
Crashing When Alt-Tabbing, or using Steam Overlay Browser:

There is no safe way to use Steam Overlay browser with Warband without risk of crash. Alt-tabbing is also a common cause of Warband crashing.

The only safe way to get to other windows while playing Warband is to use Alt-Enter to go into windowed mode, then alt-tab as normal. This will slightly reduce your framerate in some situations, but the game will no longer crash on alt-tabbing.

Low Framerate:

There are a considerable number of possible causes for low framerate. However, all of them are linked to one thing: Persistent World's large maps, high playercounts, and long running times require more system resources than most other mods and Native.

The first thing to do is verify that your computer's hardware is above Warband's minimum requirements.
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or AMD 2.5 GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Graphics: 3D graphics card with 64MB RAM
Processor: Any dual-core Intel or AMD
Memory: 1GB RAM
Graphics: Modern 3D graphics card with 256MB RAM (nVidia 8xxx series or higher, AMD Radeon HD 2xxx or higher)

Below are a few tweaks you could try to raise your framerate:
  • Enable DirectX 7 mode in the Warband config (from the launcher).
  • Disable Antialiasing, HDR, depth effects, bodies, and ragdolls; enable Fast Water Reflections.
  • Turn down other Warband graphics settings.
  • Lower display resolution in options.
  • Turn off unnecessary background processes.
  • Update video drivers for nVidia or AMD graphics cards.
Here are some tweaks that may or may not actually help, some are experimental or should only be attempted if you have some experience:
  • Disable V-Sync in the Warband configuration.
  • Apply the LOD patch for Persistent World.
  • Turn your frame buffer limit to 1 in graphics drivers.
  • Change the Warband process priority to "High" in Windows Task Manager.
  • Set your Warband framerate limit to match your monitor's refresh rate.
  • Overclock your GPU or CPU, or both (Warning: hardware damage may occur. Be careful).
If you've tried all of the above to no avail, it's probably time for a hardware upgrade.

Lag:

"Lag" is caused by a slow or unstable connection from your computer to the server. The easiest way to check how much lag you will experience is by looking at your ping on the Warband scoreboard. The number is the number of milliseconds for a message to go from your computer to the server, be processed, and information to be sent back to your computer as necessary.

Possible fixes:
  • Pause downloads on your computer and all other computers connected to your local network. This includes video and audio streaming, as well as video chat services depending on the quality of your internet service.
  • Use a wired connection rather than wireless.
  • Move closer to your wireless router if you're on wireless.
If none of the above things help, you're simply too far from the server or your internet service provider has poor service.

Thanks for doing this: stickied.

I changed the suggestion to update warband from 1.154 to 1.153: that is the version officially supported and tested, as I don't use steam (1.154 should work, but might possibly introduce bugs), and people thinking they should use the beta 1.155 patch from the thread in the guildhall could have other issues, depending on what was changed or if it was compiled with debugging information. I also changed "LOD fix" to "LOD patch", as strictly speaking it is not a fix, just an optional enhancement that might not make much difference (but shouldn't hurt in any case).

I want to ask you something about a mod i have this mod called age of change v1.2 and my mount and blade is 1.534 is 1.2 an update and of it is how can i get because my mount and blade keeps sating cannot find this brief file :cool: :neutral: :mrgreen: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :sad:

Ask in the right freaking board

Check your completly off topic thread here

And post in the right board here

Also your post makes no sense and wtf is with the idiots today  :???:

Vornne said:
(1.154 should work, but might possibly introduce bugs)
I did exactly what splint said (enable environment shadows and character shadows) but to no avail. I dont think beta 7 works well with WB v1.154. That could be the problem.

Is there anyway to reduce lag im still lagging i have a AMD athlon(tm)IIp20 duel core proccesor and i have 3072MB of memery

Help

I've been unable to find a catch-all solution to a processor bottleneck. The only things I know for sure reduce load is disabling bodies and enabling Fast Water Reflections.

Hi, My Specs: AMD Penom II x6 BE
                    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW OC
                    16GB RAM @ 1600Mhz
                    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88T-M
                    ASUS VH236H (1920x1080@60Hz)

I still get major lag and I have done everything you said, but no prevail :razz: I know its not problems with my hardware, because I get 60FPS on Battlefield 3 and Arma II max settings, etc. Any advice? :razz:

Your processor is bottle-necking your system on PW. Disable ragdolls, decrease bodycount, enable fast water reflections, and make a blood sacrifice to the gods of High Framerates.

I would personally suspect graphics driver issues (might be newer versions having the problems, rather than older) before blaming the CPU (which is better than I've ever used for playing Warband). Also remember, the game engine is not designed for the huge scenes of PW, so it will probably perform badly compared to other modern games you might play; some people with good systems can play PW at high FPS, while other people with good (or maybe better, on paper) systems have low FPS or stuttering problems.

A quick search for similar threads I've seen before resulted in some links you might be interested in:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,228520.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,241897.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,182976.0.html

Not to discount graphics driver problems as it could very well be the case, but my current AMD Phenom II based system struggles to keep up with my Radeon HD 6850. I figure he's having a similar issue.

I have AMD Viseria 4.2 GHz FX8350 8-Core processor, GTX 670 FTW Edition, Windows Vista, 16 GB ram at 2600. I downloaded the mod again, and it was 45-60FPS on max, but then, I tried to play a day later, and it will not go above 30FPS. It seems to be a warband problem, because everywhere else, will not go above 50FPS. All other games run normal as far as I know. I still get frameskipping and microstudder and get it really bad in windowed. :sad: Any Suggestions?

Enable v-sync.

The only other thing I can think of is that the scene being used on whichever server you played on has too much stuff causing everyone to have low FPS no matter their system.

Well, I think it is warband, it dropped a full 10 FPS in performance, on every thing, Native, Mercinaries, PW, etc. The FPS is no longer stable, it keeps jumping like 51, 59, 49, 56, etc. PW is like that but in 30's range. I am not sure what is wrong with Warband, Nvidia drivers really screwed a lot of things up :\ V-Sync is on... :sad:

Back
Top Bottom