Rus: XIII Century WB open alpha 0.321 [B]

Users who are viewing this thread

IVE been waiting for this forever! havent checked in months but am happily surprised!

Any chance you will get this mod posted in the warband released mods section as opposed to Mount and blade!

I, too used to play this mod when I first had the original Mount and Blade. I'm really happy to see it on Warband. I'm pretty sure they are working on it by fixing bugs since this is in the alpha stage. I just hope this mod doesn't die.

So, where is goods trader in Velikiy Novgorod? I still can't find his shop, after running around the town for a very long time and trying almost every possible door  :cry:

Quidam said:
You can see the map, there is a flag (with that you can guess the place of the goods traders).
But I can't see any map. And never had anything like that. Turning 'minimap' on in mod options doesn't change anything both in town and in combat... am I doing something wrong?

I don't know how much my comment can offer anything, but I just want to say that this is the first time in trying out this mod (unfortunately I never tried the regular M&B version of this, and I lost my CD for it so I can't install it on my newer computer), but I just played this after clicking a link to this page in someone's signature.

I have to say, this mod is quite a lot of fun, and while I don't know a whole lot about Rus history, I've enjoyed playing as the Rus in Vikingr, and in this mod they are excellent as well. I also have to say that out of all the mods I've played for Warband (and I've played quite a lot), this one in my opinion as a single player mod is quite simply amazing; with that epic starting battle I had as a Rus warrior against the mongols, to going into a city only to find out I actually have to walk around and search for shops. It's really something else. And in regards to combat, while I've never had the same sort of feeling as I've had in Vikingr (compared to any other mod), with that raw visceral feeling, but this one comes really close to it, and for that I tip my hat to you all.

Here's hoping to further releases and refinement, I'll definitely be playing this for quite some time I think.

Wish list :
1. Lithuanian as playable faction with original flag (http://beauty-places.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lithuania-flag-wallpaper.jpg)
2. Make original Lithuanian lands in XIII century.

Please a little respect for our country. Yes Lithuania is small but with great history. :smile: Thanks

Lukas Šidla of Lithuania

Lukas_Sidla said:
1. Lithuanian as playable faction with original flag (http://beauty-places.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lithuania-flag-wallpaper.jpg)

As a Lithuanian you should know that the flag from your link was not used until early XX century... There was no flag or coat-of-arms of Lithuania (as a state) in XIII century.

Mannerheim said:
Lukas_Sidla said:

As a Lithuanian you should know that the flag from your link was not used until early XX century... There was no flag or coat-of-arms of Lithuania (as a state) in XIII century.

;D I didn't mantion any century. I want that flag because this flag is awsome :smile: And yeah there wasn't no flag but Coat-of-arms was. It was King Mindaugas coat-of-arms (http://www.golfweb.lt/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Karaliaus_Mindaugo_Herbas-0.jpg) And yes I'm Lithuanian and I know that things because I love my history :smile:

Lithuania wasn't such a great power in 1236 (when the mod is set), but surely it started to rose in those years. That said, I would suggest a general "Balts" faction - as Crusaders and Rus includes several, different kingdoms and principalities - that represent all the tribes with new items and a better care. But sure it is better to finish and polish off what's already started.

Lukas, I'd suggest you to stick with 1257 AD for a good portrait of Lithuania in a whealtier period - and to play this mod for the other great stuff it offers - the Rus, the Crusaders, the Mongols.

Lukas_Sidla said:
;D I didn't mantion any century. I want that flag because this flag is awsome :smile: And yeah there wasn't no flag but Coat-of-arms was. It was King Mindaugas coat-of-arms (http://www.golfweb.lt/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Karaliaus_Mindaugo_Herbas-0.jpg) And yes I'm Lithuanian and I know that things because I love my history :smile:

Sadly, there's no historical sources for coat of arms of any of the dukes from Lithuania till XIV century or so. The one you posted is not Mindaugas coat of arm.

Mindaugas supposedly did have his king seal:
antspaudas_m.jpg
but it might be a forgery as well.

DrTomas said:
Lukas_Sidla said:

Sadly, there's no historical sources for coat of arms of any of the dukes from Lithuania till XIV century or so. The one you posted is not Mindaugas coat of arm.

Mindaugas supposedly did have his king seal:
antspaudas_m.jpg
but it might be a forgery as well.

I am Lithuanian and I know how looks Mindaugas coat-of-arms I have this coat-of-arms on my wall and it says : "Karaliaus Mindaugo Herbas" - King Mindaugas Coat-Of-Arms. :smile: I think I know beter then you :smile:

Lukas_Sidla said:
I am Lithuanian
So I am, but that alone does not make one an expert on the subject.

Lukas_Sidla said:
and I know how looks Mindaugas coat-of-arms I have this coat-of-arms on my wall and it says : "Karaliaus Mindaugo Herbas" - King Mindaugas Coat-Of-Arms. :smile:
Sorry, but it's not the coat of arms of Mindaugas. The symbol that's used in your picture was found in Navahrudak (Naugardukas), but it's generally not attributed to Mindaugas.

Earliest surviving Lithuanian heraldry is from XIVth. century. There's a rather good book on the subject - Edmundas Rimša "Heraldika - iš praeities į dabartį".

Back
Top Bottom