MP Sci-Fi SW: Bear Force II - 1.0 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

BNS Marko said:
Any veteran player knows that the most beautiful, 1-piece maps e.g. Jedi Temple, Death Star took over 60 seconds to load on average. In 0.72, that will take only 5-10 seconds, which is a massive improvement.
Nice! Hopefully people will play those more often now.

We're starting active development on the next patch - v0.8.

You can track the progress on our new Trello board - https://trello.com/b/95P1YMvg/star-wars-bear-force-ii-v0-8

We are looking for help from more contributors, if you want to help out with the new scenes, assets or anything else meet us on our Discord.

Thanks to Scar, the main thread and the format have been redesigned to provide important information and look like something.

Now, we're looking for any speakers of Italian, Chinese, Romanian, French, Hungarian, Spanish and other languages to translate the thread for use on sub boards, and external language forums. PM me if you want to help. We'll also be adding the localization for all the available languages for the next update.

As far as mod development goes, we had two weekends of beta testing, and everything should be ready for the release in July. Explosives have been recoded and re-added to the mod, Conquest has been fixed and a multitude of other things you can keep track of on our Trello. Hopefully a new blog will be put out this weekend!

Ladies and gentlemen, version 0.8 has been released.
You can read the release article here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-bear-force-ii/news/bear-force-ii-development-blog-13-08-release-date-and-new-features

See you on the battlefield!

Changelog
Features:
- Conquest Gamemode
- Grenades, grenade launchers, C4 and smoke grenades
- New weapon type: Heavy Machine Gun, can't move while firing
- New inventory slot system - primary, secondary, utility and ammo slot
- New universal server messaging system(admin, inter-admin chat)
- Map display for conquest, press M to bring up the map
- War cries, press P to war cry.

Gameplay:
- Increased shield block radius
- Increased medic pack healing value
- Mod balanced around 1000 gold
- Pistols available to everyone
- Added carbine to Bounty Hunter
- Removed jump from magna guard
- Lightsaber damage increased

Visual:
- New border terrain
- New capture point and flag models
- All player equipment is now visible on the body
- New Rebel Snow Helmet
- New modular trench props

Maps:
- Added Hoth - Conquest
- Added Rhen Var - Conquest
- Added Ryloth - Conquest
- Added Dantooine - Conquest
- Added Kashyyyk - Conquest
- Added Tatooine - Conquest
- Added Geonosis - Conquest
- Added Scarif - Conquest
- Added Kamino - Conquest
- Added Skornia - Conquest
- Added Endor - Conquest
- Added Yavin IV - Conquest
- Added Ryloth - Ruined Village(Battle/DM)
- Added Correlia - Rebel Base(Siege)
- Added Scarif - Rush(Conquest)
- Removed Dantooine - Crystal Cave(Event)
- Updated Clan Capital Ship
- Added death field to Death Star

Bugs/Glitches:
- Gun glitch fixed
- Pre-fire warmup glitch fixed
- Fixed Sharpshooter and Commander helmet colouring
- Fixed Stormtrooper Desert camouflage
- Fixed the flag above team mates bug
- Cleared redundant vertices/pos from all mod meshes.
- Fixed siege/conquest flag wrong texture issue
- Fixed Geonosian ammo glitch

Download links in the OP have been updated.

Greetings, everyone. What follows will not be your usual development blog with new update progress and screenshots, it's a very important announcement in regards to mod development.

After more than two years of being the head developer of Star Wars: Bear Force II, the time for me to part ways has come. It has been a great pleasure, and an honour to work on this mod and with its amazing community. Time however, takes its toll as with everything in life and it's time for me to move on. The entire team has worked hard over the years to make our vision come true, we've learned and progressed a lot. You'll be hearing from us soon in regards to our new standalone project, we're not going anywhere!

However, this isn't the end of the road for the mod and the community! A new lead developer in whom I carry deep trust is taking over. Most of you familiar with the community surely have crossed ways with Mark, who will now be at the helm of the mod's development, together with EmielRegis - a new coder. They'll have a new strength and vigour to carry on with the mod development in a vision of their own, which I assure you is no less impressive than what we've accomplished so far. Mark and his new crew will soon provide a full blog to introduce themselves and the plans for the mod's future and direction.

I would like to once again thank the entire community, all the developers, contributors and all those who helped this mod reach the very top of what is considered modding games. It's hard to find the right words to express what an experience all of this was and what it meant. But, that's life, and the show must go on.

Regards,

Marko​

?️NS Marko said:
Greetings, everyone. What follows will not be your usual development blog with new update progress and screenshots, it's a very important announcement in regards to mod development.

After more than two years of being the head developer of Star Wars: Bear Force II, the time for me to part ways has come. It has been a great pleasure, and an honour to work on this mod and with its amazing community. Time however, takes its toll as with everything in life and it's time for me to move on. The entire team has worked hard over the years to make our vision come true, we've learned and progressed a lot. You'll be hearing from us soon in regards to our new standalone project, we're not going anywhere!

However, this isn't the end of the road for the mod and the community! A new lead developer in whom I carry deep trust is taking over. Most of you familiar with the community surely have crossed ways with Mark, who will now be at the helm of the mod's development, together with EmielRegis - a new coder. They'll have a new strength and vigour to carry on with the mod development in a vision of their own, which I assure you is no less impressive than what we've accomplished so far. Mark and his new crew will soon provide a full blog to introduce themselves and the plans for the mod's future and direction.

I would like to once again thank the entire community, all the developers, contributors and all those who helped this mod reach the very top of what is considered modding games. It's hard to find the right words to express what an experience all of this was and what it meant. But, that's life, and the show must go on.

Regards,

Marko​

Good job guys. I hope the new crew make the mod better than it already is.

None of the download links are working for me.

Steam workshop refuses to download
The file from modDB is not an exe file (it says it's a .8[1] file)
The mediafire one does not exist

Download links for version 0.94 posted.

If you missed any of the blogs by the new team:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-bear-force-ii/news/bear-force-ii-development-blog-14-09-new-factions-and-singleplayer-annoucnement

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-bear-force-ii/news/bear-force-ii-development-blog-15-09

The_Phantom_Module.png

TaleworldsStrikesBackPosterDownsized.png

These amazing posters by Emir Turnaround are an invitation to the r/mountandblade mod night on Bear Force II! A rare and unmissable opportunity to experience the mod with 150+ players once again!

Also, the OP was updated with links and I've added the github links to the mod's open source code repositories now. Enjoy!

Yeah, great posters and it was a great event too.

We're looking for translators for the following languages: Chinese(Simpl.), Chinese(Traditional), Español, Français, Turkce, and Russkiy. The aim is to translate the Multiplayer mod on those languages to increase availability for various language groups. If you're interested, PM me. Discord use is a requirement!

It's all part of the greatest incoming update to date, 1.0. You can track the whole Road to 1.0 on our Trello.

Thanks mike!

Some previews on the revamped environment and weather for the next update:

20181014144055_1.jpg

20181014180606_1.jpg

20181014224402_1.jpg

20181014110449_1.jpg

The majority of the parts in the rework were ported from Battle of Europe, so you can expect all the randomised day/night time, weather, volumetric clouds, wind speed/direction all in-game :smile:

Back
Top Bottom