MP Sci-Fi SW: Bear Force II - 1.0 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Heres an idea and some things to fix the game. Riot clones/ droids would be a cool additon in the next update.

Basiaclly add batons into the game, and maybe some better looking shields seen here since I'm not a fan of the black sheilds. Also the vibro swords need little longer distance to it, it is immposible to get a proper hit without harming yourself.

Will there ever be single-player content ala Conquest for M&B?  I've long given up hope on that mod being ported over, and this is the only active Warbands Star Wars mod I know of.

Fell back into absolute love with this mod once again. Playing as a Togruta Jedi hasn't felt so fun. I've even got a Togruta Jedi on SWTOR, doesn't compare.

Only concern would be the Superbattle droids are too small. They seem smaller than regular droids. And some one pointed out the republic shields.

Sherlock and team, let me just preface this by saying you all have managed to create an amazing mod. You captured the star wars feel perfectly, better than any game I've played before. Playing as a Jedi feels great, but I have a few minor suggestions that I hope you'll consider. First of all, due to the nature of the lightsaber in Star Wars canon, I believe the swing speed should be increased. Since the lightsaber has no actual weight besides it's hilt it should be able to be swung decently fast while still maintaining force. I believe increasing swing speed will make lightsaber combat more fun, skillful, and faithful to the dueling in the movies, especially the duels in the prequel films. I beseech you to try out increasing swing speed by around 30-40% as an experiment and see how people like it. If it honestly doesn't seem better, than it should not be implemented, but I strongly believe it will. Furthering my Jedi suggestion, I believe some form of Force Push should be implemented, if only to balance the republic with the separatist and their lightning ability. I believe this would better encapsulate Jedi's mastery of the force and create a really cool combat dynamic between multiple troopers and 1 Jedi. I am aware that this was implemented previously, but if you could somehow get it working it would effectively flesh out the Jedi into a more interesting fighting force. Once again, thank you for all the work you have done with this mod; it is truly great. I really hope you'll consider implementing the features I've laid out here as I've put a lot of thought, playtime, and research into these suggestions. Thanks again.

How can you claim that Warband can't support fast animations when one handed weapons already move at a considerably fast rate. Increasing the attack speed is just a matter of editing the speed rating on the weapon. Plenty of swords in vanilla are far faster than the lightsabers and cause no glitching in duels or battles.

The one-handed animation is the most glitchy one, you very often get insta-hits (hit registered before the animation). Vanilla/Native doesn't use these animations so the problems with fast weapon speeds (100+) are less apparent, but I'd hate to see Bear Force evolve into something like Native.

I am not arguing that Bear Force should resemble Native. I merely think devising a way to make lightsaber combat swift and agile instead of clunky and deliberate would benefit all the players in the mod.

Dansk viking said:
The one-handed animation is the most glitchy one, you very often get insta-hits (hit registered before the animation). Vanilla/Native doesn't use these animations so the problems with fast weapon speeds (100+) are less apparent, but I'd hate to see Bear Force evolve into something like Native.

Yes, I noticed that the one-handed sword faster and longer than it looks.

NightHawkreal said:
Dansk viking said:
Yes, I noticed that the one-handed sword faster and longer than it looks.
It's usually related to high ping/lag, input-lag or malformed network messages (client-side) which occur from time to time.
The engine itself handles it quite well...

Having animations that are so fast that a player with a decent ping won't see them is stupid - that was what I was referring to when saying "Warband simply can't handle very fast animations".

The special animations that are used are also glitchy so you can abuse them to insta-hit by looking at the ground, etc.

It's however quite obvious the game was designed with singleplayer as primary focus, and multiplayer just added in as a bonus. Hopefully multiplayer will be shown some love in Bannerlord though, considering there are a lot of people who prefer that over singleplayer.

Back
Top Bottom