Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Reported Bugs:
  • "I think there is a missing texture on the dark leather boots. I have them equiped on Ymira and they are 'flashing' white."
  • Since many weeks I try to find mercenaries, but they never show up. I'm also looking for armies that have imprisoned mercenaries, but again I can't find any. I rescued 4 of them ...

Confirmed Reported Bugs:
  • When you refresh the troops to hire in the tavern, the two new tavernkeepers in the castle are also counted as Vaegir fraction and they will have Vaegir Peasant too.
  • The upgrade from Black Khergit Horseman - Black Khergit Guard - Black Khergit Raidmaster is broken.Fixed
  • Fix the amount of loot given by Dark line of troops and Sword Sisters and Mercs... and check all the others too. Fixed

I think there is a missing texture on the dark leather boots. I have them equiped on Ymira and they are "flashing" white.

I've never noticed this, but I'll take a look at it. -HardCode

Hardcode: Check the alpha channel. The original boots had 255 on the alpha channel (super shiny) and I thought I'd fixed it to 0 again.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but it surely is strange:
Since many weeks I try to find mercenaries, but they never show up. I'm also looking for armies that have imprisoned mercenaries, but again I can't find any. I rescued 4 of them and want to have more. Is there anything you did with their spawning?

Master BOB said:
I'm not sure if it's a bug, but it surely is strange:
Since many weeks I try to find mercenaries, but they never show up. I'm also looking for armies that have imprisoned mercenaries, but again I can't find any. I rescued 4 of them and want to have more. Is there anything you did with their spawning?

No, I didn't change their spawning. If I recall correctly, there are only about two or so on the map at once. They usually tend to wander on the outskirts of the map near Jelkala and Veluca. I've encountered them, but they are just less common. I'll, or course, double check to make sure they are in fact there and I am not confusing verisons :wink:

HardCode said:
They usually tend to wander on the outskirts of the map near Jelkala and Veluca.
That was exactly what I thought, but wandering around there for weeks didn't show any of them. First I thought they were captured and didn't respawn for some reason, but as mentioned I couldn't even find any mercenary prisoners (I also used the "view all" cheat to look for them, but found nothing). Maybe something happens if you play a long long time? Like some hundred days, you know, maybe they decide to not show up again  :???:.

<1>The upgrade from Black Khergit Horseman - Black Khergit Guard - Black Khergit Raidmaster is broken.

I did some research...

Notice that only two Hex bit is used for the ID of the troop as the upgrade 1 and upgrade 2, so the maximum ID is FF, which is 255.  Currently Black Khergit Guard and Black Khergit Raidmaster has ID 262 and 261 respectively (or other numbers like that).  I tried to fix this by editing the troops.txt file, moving these two troops to earlier part of the file, it works, but it also caused other strange problems.

I'll take a look at it. -HardCode

Confirmed, much thanks!! Easily fixed by moving the regular troops (Awali and advanced Khergit) up from the bottom of the troops file to just after the dark knights line of troops. Rule of thumb is regulars first, then put the NPCs and heroes. -Fisheye

<2> Probably not a bug, but...
When you refresh the troops to hire in the tavern, the two new tavernkeepers in the castle are also counted as Vaegir fraction and they will have Vaegir Peasant too.

I just did a basic copy of another tavernkeeper. I'll fix this so either no faction peasants are available, or Radoghir gets Vaegirs and Culmarr gets Swadians. -HardCode

another bug... very annoying one indeed...
first the limit of only 24 troops is annoying as hell..
but the bug is that if i ask marnid to be an archer ( do not upgrade melee, take all melee from inventory and the shield) the idiot keeps acquiring a shield, and he does not get the additional packs of arrows (he even throws the ones that i give him, leaving only one in the inventory). This is very annoying at the beginning of the game when i want a pack of horse archers that do not melee so they don`t die at all... and at 20 heroes it`s very hard to keep putting arrows in the inventory, tell them not to discard and stuff..
Yous should make an option on the heroes ranged weapons to be "archers-no melee" which means they will have 1 bow +3 arrows, crossbow no melee( 1+3 bolts), horse rider crossbow  no melee (they do not upgrade crossbows that can not be fired from horse back), horse rider with melee, thowing should also be equip ed for the remaining slots (say that for Mellie it has 1 sword+1 shield than it will have 2 stacks of jarids).
All the heroes should equip the max number of quivers after they filled their Mellie slots (ex: 1 piece of 2 h sword then 1 bow+2 quivers) and they should even keep the 3-rd quiver in the inventory and do not discard it if i ask them to be only horse archer no melee in the strategy dialogue...
Also the shield should not be brought to battle by a hero if he has only a bow and no melee..
the shield should not be subject to autoupgrade (i like shields with larger size rather than larger Resistance)... there should be an option in the stop upgrading gear dialogue...

- Limit of 24 troop types is set by game engine. Can't do anything about that.

- Due to game engine limitations, no troop EVER equips more than one quiver no matter how many arrows are in their inventory. Sad but true. So tossing out the extras is actually smart inventory management. And you can stop reloading the arrows in their invenotry because it does no friggin good.

- To prevent upgrading of the shield, just either turn off melee upgrades or choose a 2-handed option.

that`s sad...
another thing is about the lance...
the lance upgrade tree tells them to look for a larger damage and not for a larger lance (i have a lot of heroes weilding the short lances insted of the long jousting lances because of the damage...) 

When my heroes reach a certain lvl, i don`t even make them loot. I loot the valuable item, then with my money i equip them as i wish to. In the beginning make them loot only what you want to. Then when your heroes start to be well equiped, just buy them the stuff they need. Its much more easier.

The command implanted in this mod are just a way to help you at the beginning. If one day they make the command more accurate then it will be for all time, but right now i use that only in the beginning so its still really helpful !

Edit: i don`t know if this has been reported but i fought the Dark Avevenger. My groups vs them. There was only 1 battle. and i got like 200 experience. When i killed dark knight after , i got 3200 exp.

another anoying bug (high level bug this time) is the equipment of the dark troopers...
the dk and dc have only a weapon wich makes them easy to kill (no lance=sitting ducks) and also makes the loot =0.
the loot is a different thread but it`s anoing to defeat a legion of dc and dk and get nothing. The whole point of having this mod was to make the level ups by fighting and not by quest making...
i am a fan of high lvl loot and high level wars...
also if you could change the shield maidens to have a bow instead of a crossbow would make up for the dificulty to grow them.. the horse archery then should be a good balance for the lancing capability of dk.

The loot issue has been fixed for the next release. Please put suggestions in a new thread, as this is for bugfixes only, or start off a suggestion thread :smile: -HardCode

hey, i have a bug to report: ok so every time i launch Mount & Blade as the band of warriors mod, while it loads the INI Files, it closes down and says "Unable to open file: CommonRes\test.brf" what is this???
P.S. The error is titled RGL Error
P.P.S. HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Thx  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i have spot some bug here......i found that all my hero didnt spawn with me at every fight....they spawn as my reinforcements...
they spawn with me if i only got some soldier like hired blade,steppe bandits,etc...

ain't that in Native to?
i don't now if this a bug ore a helping hand :grin: when i shot all my arrows and return to the box in war map . I just need to ride over it so my arrows fill up
ore if i look in it i got all my AR back even i don't have Anny more

Anny way great mod  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom