MP Musket Era (WIP) The Anglo-Zulu War (Alpha Release 0.04)

Users who are viewing this thread

ermahgawd
south_park_randy.jpg

Yes. Just with the key checker to make sure you bought Napoleonic Wars before.
Since this mod is like a submod for NW, it contains data of NW and so you have to pay for it.

Just played a little bit! Must say, thus far is looks promising! Enjoyable despite being early Alpha!

The skins for the Zulu are really well done and the war-cries, too, I was surprised to see done in such an early stage! :smile:

My grievance though, is that, how come the 42nd Regiment of Foot, the Black Watch, are waring trews and not kilts? Highland regiments, including the Black Watch, wore kilts up untill World War I - afterward being unsuitable for battle due to the introduction of mustard gas. Although, the 42nd did not take part in the Anglo-Zulu War - they fought in the Boar War(s) and other parts of Africa and the Middle-East at the time - they should still be represented correctly.

The Arygllshire Highlanders fought in the Anglo-Zulu war, however they stopped waring Highland dress in battle just before the Napoleonic Wars - so, perhaps keeping current trews skin and renaming them would be suitable?

Thanks, Celt.

Celtichugs said:
Just played a little bit! Must say, thus far is looks promising! Enjoyable despite being early Alpha!

The skins for the Zulu are really well done and the war-cries, too, I was surprised to see done in such an early stage! :smile:

My grievance though, is that, how come the 42nd Regiment of Foot, the Black Watch, are waring trews and not kilts? Highland regiments, including the Black Watch, wore kilts up untill World War I - afterward being unsuitable for battle due to the introduction of mustard gas. Although, the 42nd did not take part in the Anglo-Zulu War - they fought in the Boar War(s) and other parts of Africa and the Middle-East at the time - they should still be represented correctly.

The Arygllshire Highlanders fought in the Anglo-Zulu war, however they stopped waring Highland dress in battle just before the Napoleonic Wars - so, perhaps keeping current trews skin and renaming them would be suitable?

Thanks, Celt.

Well that regiment is only 50% complete. Honestly i got a little distracted and started doing the trousers and put the 24th tunic on them, which is also incorrect. It's also going to be the 91st highlanders, which in all my resources, wore tartan trousers except the pipers who wore kilts. Maybe it was unique to the South African campaign.  They will be finished in the next big release.

Could make it so some soldiers have white hats and and some have khaki coloured? and to sort out zulus having white heads you could give them a helmet which is a face.

Alright, we're in the process of uploading the latest version. It should be up in around 90 mins.

Changelog
- Fixed sapper dress showing at distance
- Fixed FLH inanimate legs
- Fixed weird hands
- Removed black box around shield status icon
- added Zulu Banners/flags (Not colours) Zulus didn't have flags but we have to use them for mount and blade so i used this one
New_Zulu_Kingdom.png
- New display images for new objects in sapper menu
- Renamed new sapper objects, added more health to the new sandbags
- Added a new background for options menu replacing Napoleonic wars horseman
- Added straps and belt to FLH officer
- Fixed floating throwing spear when hits
- Fixed sharpshooters sometimes being unarmed
- Slightly nerfed throwing spear
- Added Ikko Ikki personal banner (more on this later)
- Changed to more visible cross hairs, not the default warband ones though.
- Slightly buffed Iklwa
- Gave AI Zulu throwing spears
- Changed Zulu bots to not use NW units
- Fixed arty (we accidentally removed the ramrod)
- new/modified sounds
I'm sure I did some other things too but I can't remember, it's hard to keep track.

JackTheRipper9 said:
I can't download the new version. It says the daily limit has been reached? Any chance on a different download link?
There's a limit on how many can download at once. Uploading another link now but may take a while.

Why not give the Zulus the musket's used by the Russian partisans?
Would make things a bit fairer, they are like snipers at the moment.

Still can't download the mod, it says there are not resources available or something? Any chance on uploading it onto a website that doesn't have any limits?

Back
Top Bottom