MP Musket Era (WIP) The Anglo-Zulu War (Alpha Release 0.04)

Users who are viewing this thread

oKIkw.png

Small zulu shield. The Zulus used smaller shields and larger shields, since we're planning to have a light and heavy troop the light will have a smaller shield and the heavy will have a larger shield. There will be more than one cow hide variant.

what do you mean protection? because a bullet would go straight through it and with the warband engine it doesnt matter the size of the shield, it blocks every direction.

pod455 said:
what do you mean protection? because a bullet would go straight through it and with the warband engine it doesnt matter the size of the shield, it blocks every direction.

Smaller shields don't block as well as larger shields in my experiences. It will be harder to bayonet a Zulu with a larger shield. None of the shields will stop bullets. 

These are our light Zulu warriors. Armed with the short almost sword like Iklwa spear, Isijula throwing spears (Those aren't implemented for bots yet) and a hide shield. Only one variation of the hide shield is implemented currently.

tzmZ7.jpg

Charging against the British 24th Warwickshire, although being bots they opened fire only at point blank range which..
Rvrft.jpg
results in a mass slaughter of the British
VlHlo.jpg
And the Zulu warriors are triumphant.
O6yIZ.jpg

pod455 said:
great work willhelm.
One question though, how will players with white characters play as Zulu?

Not much we can do it about that, we could create a black face "helmet", meaning all Zulu players have identical black faces, but that seems a bit drastic, plus it would be problematic for people with giant faces clipping through it and such. We hope most players pick the black skin, and regiment leaders will probably force their men to. In my regiment no one who isn't an officer is allowed any accessories, pipes, glasses, etc, they would just have to do the same, plus it would be far more noticeable. There is a black face in game but it's far too light, i darkened it to match the black body.

Light Zulu officer is completed. He has a mostly white shield because the more veteran a Zulu warrior was the clearer his shield was.  He has an axe which were only really used by important Zulus, and he has a brass armband (can't really see it in these pics), which would have been personally given to him by the King for exceptional bravery and prowess. Sort of like a Medal of honour or victoria cross for Zulus. His shield is also larger denoting his seniority, as the Zulu military had switched to small shields for all new warriors, the old large shield was still used by older veteran warriors. He wears leopard clothing because unlike the men he commands he is less concerned with being swift and agile.
yEJgL.jpg

gD4Nw.jpg

4bzSF.jpg

TUVru.jpg
Light Zulu troops are completed now as well, although we're not sure what to do with the Musician slots.

Frontier light horseman, the horse stirrup needs changing, he needs his gloves removing, but other than that he is done. In future I will add uniform variations because they often wore civilian clothing but kept the hat for uniform. He has a Martini Henry Carbine.

17AE5AC752EFA0F76BA3DABCF9EE21CA09C73446

28CAF02E6FD976D7C50A0753AF6746BE5452408F

987857659DDB9399B3F4425EA5A7C0BEAE6C1012

64F94BE1C13A9A72F1C4B4D5B7F357A3D0C7E621

73D77D02B9A54AFABBBF0447B02629ADAAE8E0FF

The first of two new sandbags defenses that the sappers can build. This one actually replaces the fence.

lzQh3.jpg

i7DX6.jpg

rdQf7.jpg

vrcJw.jpg

ToHOZ.jpg

Also going to add a buildable wagon to make wagon laagers

Willhelm,

Firstly I would like to say what a great job you are doing. Secondly I would like to offer you my services as a researcher and tester, I have studied the Zulu wars for more years than I can remember and would love to help out. As a tester I have no experience with Mount and Blade I do however have experience with many mods elsewhere. If you are looking for help I would love to be part of the team.

Also as an idea for musician or banner bearer regarding the zulus, I think you should have a special Zulu with a red coat and rifle (maybe as the banner bearer) as the Zulu's used that tactic a lot to put fear into the British.

Kristian

Oh and I have also been to Rorkes Drift.

I think I'll very much enjoy playing the Zulu. They had a lot of very frightening chants and battle dress. If I weren't fighting for my life against them, I'd think twice before getting into a fight with a few hundred Zulu. xD

Back
Top Bottom