B Fantasy [WB] The Desert Dancer

Users who are viewing this thread

Harkonnen Infantry Helmet

work in progress

hh1.jpg

hh2.jpg

Nice job so far, I like your plan too :smile: Here is an unfinished Dune mod by N0ught, multiplayer though, but he did some very nice work so I thought I might share it just in case: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131210.75/topicseen.html

Thanks! I know the topic there and I'm quite sorry it died out. I am trying to focus on the singleplayer part though... a lot more to work on and a lot of time needed for that.

19 February 2013 update

- finished redoing world map;
- removed last native faction (Swadia - replaced by Hark.);
- added ingame Hark. Helmet and Gladius;
- redid start-game sequence so the player can choose if he wants to start from Arrakeen or Chartag;
- Fremen and Smuggler factions are invisible but discoverable;
- Botanical Station switched to the Hark. from Corr.;

Got a bunch of errors but I'm working on that.

hk01.jpg
mb46.jpg
mb47.jpg
mb48.jpg
mb49.jpg
mb50.jpg
mb51.jpg
mb52.jpg
mb53.jpg
mb54.jpg
mb55.jpg
mb56.jpg

Don't know much about Dune, but this is looking pretty sweet!

Had you konsidered incorporating voice kommands from the Dune RTS(s?) and perhaps the film? cRPG and MM both had similar elements lifted from other works at some point, konsidering that the mod's free so as long as you give kredit it shouldn't be a problem?

PS: Loving the map pictures, particularly the new #D markers for towns\settlements.

Azrayel said:
Don't know much about Dune, but this is looking pretty sweet!

Had you konsidered incorporating voice kommands from the Dune RTS(s?) and perhaps the film? cRPG and MM both had similar elements lifted from other works at some point, konsidering that the mod's free so as long as you give kredit it shouldn't be a problem?

PS: Loving the map pictures, particularly the new #D markers for towns\settlements.

Well... Those were for an RTS, which this one will not be. It's a nice idea, but unless i have someone to record that it would be a bit illegal to take those files because I would be distributing things under copyright no matter how small. And I'm already worrying about the fact that Frank Herbert's son has the ownership over ALL of the Duniverse terms and other things and that they could choose to force me to change the names in the game. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Those markers are pretty simple :smile: but yeah, they look sweet :grin:

Bluehawk said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE
You are Paul Muadee-buh. Welcome to Larrytown.

I'm looking forward to this mod.

Oh god, that dubing is hilarious. Piter and the Duke's voices are great  :mrgreen:

I haven't gone into that yet. I was busy replacing the last native faction with the Harkonnen, making the scabbard animation work, re-poligonizing and retexturing the world map and trying to fix some other bugs. Unfortunately my holiday just ended today so progress will be slower from now on.

WIP I have some new map icons for the world map underway, tying to make the town fighting script work, testing the pistol script, fixing the lord desertion/indictment faction banner replacement when he switches factions, fixing the startup bug where the lords get initial huge controvercy (leading to indictments from day1).

Anyway, thanks for following the progress  :grin:

I just want to wish you luck once again. I just did a Dune marathon of the miniseries and Children of Dune miniseries, so I'm quite ready for a Dune mod once again.  :razz:

Dawiduh said:
I haven't gone into that yet. I was busy replacing the last native faction with the Harkonnen, making the scabbard animation work, re-poligonizing and retexturing the world map and trying to fix some other bugs. Unfortunately my holiday just ended today so progress will be slower from now on.

WIP I have some new map icons for the world map underway, tying to make the town fighting script work, testing the pistol script, fixing the lord desertion/indictment faction banner replacement when he switches factions, fixing the startup bug where the lords get initial huge controvercy (leading to indictments from day1).

Anyway, thanks for following the progress  :grin:

ah ok, well when i looked into it I discovered that you can set the colors

Brozakbimm said:
ah ok, well when i looked into it I discovered that you can set the colors

You mean you found where in the module files to change that or you mean I said I found how to do that?

I know I put that on my to do list in coding. Once I'll do it I'll sure post some screenshots  :wink:

@QuailLover thanks man, not so much about luck, but time and patience (especially with the coding).

UPDATE 12th March 2013

- added option to see the world map with faction borders (similar to Cryo's Dune) (credits Rubik) DONE
- added code for "crouch animation fix" and "pistol" (credits Xenoargh) DONE
- fixed an indictment code for lords in game (credits Zsar) DONE
- switched Botanical Station back to "castle" status and under Harkonnen control. DONE
- fixed error regarding castles without any bounded villages (prosperity calculation script). DONE
- inserting script for attacking people in towns, villages and taverns (start brawl script). WIP
- fixed Harkonnen Gladius scabbard animation. DONE
- Sardaukar Maula Pistol WIP

Maula Gun
maula_001.jpg

maula_002.jpg

maula_003.jpg

maula_004.jpg

Arrakeen custom map icon and ground vehicle map icon for the player
arrakeen_001.jpg

arrakeen_002.jpg

arrakeen_003.jpg

Inspiration for the ground vehicle here:
344364_1353313146_large.jpg

@Blu3W@ffle: patience is a virtue  :mrgreen: there will be ornis. when i model and texture them hahaha. they're supposed to go over all the terrain and NOT attract sandworms while having a constant (high) speed. the thing is i modelled the map icon for the ground vehicle but it itself it's not in tha game (yet). all in due time.

@Thane_of_Dhirim: thanks man, I apreciate the support.  :smile:

UPDATE 20.04.2013

I reworked a bunch of textures considerably changing the overall immersion. Most changes are (for now) visible more on the world map.

- changed the desert world map texture, desert ground texture and desert terrain texture by reworking Gutefiutek's Polished Landscapes desert sand texture along with native WB bump map for world map and Gutefiutek's bump map for the ground and terrain textures.
- new texture for all steppe materials done by me from various stock textures along with its bump map.
- map texture for spice using as base Gutefiutek's same desert sand texture.
- reworked Arrakeen map icon's texture (still a long way to go to finish it).
- changed game font to Trajan (bold). I still have to find a way to make my computer see Trajan clear and not bold when using Swyter's Font Customiser.

EYE CANDY
mb83.jpg

mb84.jpg

mb85.jpg

mb86.jpg

mb87.jpg

mb88.jpg

mb89.jpg

mb90.jpg

Back
Top Bottom