SP Sci-Fi Fantasy Galactic Mercenary: The Chaos Of War! Who wants to be the lucky rigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Earliest beta? It's really hard to say, it kinda depends on how much stuff I want to include in the first release. I'd say at least a month.

Sorry for the double post, just thought I'd give a little update.

Finished one version of an armor I'm working on. Going to work on a second version that has pauldrons. I'm trying to get it rigged using obj2smd, but I'm having some issues.

I also discovered some models ad textures of weapons that Aera had sent me, and they're really good. So I'm going to modifying them a bit to make them fit in with what else is in the mod, and hopefully get them in-game.

Triple post, damn, I need to be banned.

Anyways, school started last week, so all of my homework and the likes has kept me really busy. I'm still working on it though. Slow and steady.

Also, Kosmik, did you ever finish your concept art?

They are finished, but I'm currently on a little trip to France so i can't send then just now. I'll be back home o=in 4 or 5 days and then =n I'll try to get the scanner working. Anyway you will get them soon enough :grin:

Also I've got a few ideas that you might like but I'll lay them upon you as soon as I return :grin:

Greetings from France ( It's too damn hot one here :evil:)

Double post: because I've always wanted to do that  :lol:

Jallon do you have any plans for shields in your mod, I mean how many troops will get then how rare they are how strong and so on :grin: And also do you know how to add smoke effects and splash damage do mount & blade?

I was thinking of making shields really rare for this mod, this is suppose to make combat faster and more fun though this means you would have to make a new system for kill and knock out otherwise there will be too big casualties even after small skirmishes. Secondly have you thought about adding a riot police they would be the only ones using shields other than traditionalists. They would also have pepper gas grenades, which deal damage in rather large area and deal it over time ( pretty sure it's possible ). That's pretty much all for know, let me know what you think of then jallon  (I'll explain better when i get back home, the hotel internet sucks :grin:)

Well, right now, I'm really focusing on just the futuristic/modern side of things. We'll be working on Traditionalists later down the road. As far as shields go, I am planning to have them be in the game, heres my thinking...

Rifles are more powerful than pistols. More damage, higher accuracy, etc. Unfortunately, they're two handed. No shield. You can use a shield with pistols, so this will add some diversity to ranged combat. When ranking up your troops, you'll have to ask yourself, do I want a rifleman that deals a lot of damage? Or a pistoleer that can more easily protect himself?

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do about melee troops. We'll see about giving them shields. I'm thinking of making two different melee troop types. Assault troops, and Support troops. Assault troops are heavily armored, probably with a high damage dealing two handed weapon. Support troops have less armor, but have a shield, and have a one handed weapon. This adds quite a bit to tactics. Your support troops can guard your rifleman, but if you can get in assault troops close enough to the enemy, they'll decimate them. Or a combination of both. Have a line of support troops guard the assault troops, and charge your way to the enemy. I'll keep thinking about it, but so far, I think that's what I'll do.

I'm back from France. And I'll give you a few picks today which are already in my computer and few more tomorrow or the day after that depending on if I get my scanner working.

To be honest I was waiting for traditionalists. And I've got a few pics of them, how medievalish do you want them, and they were elves right? :grin: Also have you  planned some minor factions and what are they?

No, traditionalists are not only elves (Alvaren). They can really be any race.

And sorry, but traditionalists is pretty far down on my list of things to do.

And as far as minor factions, nope, haven't thought too much about that either.

Well, this posts just full of disappointment for you, isn't it?

5.Hire yourself out to armies. The better you are, the more your paid, and the harder the job is.

Ive searching for this for ages!

Another mod to look forvard to!

Jallon said:
No, traditionalists are not only elves (Alvaren). They can really be any race.

And sorry, but traditionalists is pretty far down on my list of things to do.

And as far as minor factions, nope, haven't thought too much about that either.

Well, this posts just full of disappointment for you, isn't it?
Damn, then there's really no point to give you those traditonalists that I made?  :sad:
I'll just try to get the Idealists and a mercenary in then.

Hey Quail, I've got a question. For the object2smd converter, I know it works better if you combine multiple .smds. Do I do this by just importing multiple .smds into something like Gmax, then exporting them all as one file?

Umm...all I did for the 40k mod, was export the man body smd from BRF edit, and then used the obj file of the armor I was using.

I'm getting the spiking vertices problem, so I'm trying to find a way to fix it.

Hey like the sounds of this mod alot! if someone could post the link to the beta here i would take soem screenshots for you. All the best  :grin:

P.S keep up the hard work on wh40k mod im so excited ^^

No beta yet, sorry. Hopefully I'll have it soon. Im thinking of just releasing a sort of teaser mod when Warband comes out, since that would be easy to make.

Back
Top Bottom