What TV series are you watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Watching Battlestar Galactica, on the last season right now. Goddamn, those last two episodes of season 3 were ingenious.

They're the ones where the four start hearing All Along the Watchtower. I just love the way they slowly start getting the lyrics and melody and all, goddamn.

It's a great, great series in general, too. Not sure which I prefer, this or Stargate.

Comrade Temuzu said:
It's a great, great series in general, too. Not sure which I prefer, this or Stargate.

Which Stargate? Because I like SG1 upto about season 8 (though I kinda wish they'd kept the eager, naive Jonas Quinn than returned Daniel as a sarcastic tough-guy *******) but anything after that is just... dead to me. SGA I like all of, though I preferred Woolsey being in charge and wish we'd seen more of him (<3 Robert Picardo). And Universe... meh. Just meh.

Yeah, I meant SG-1, but to be honest, it's been about 4-5 years since I saw all ten seasons, so I have just good memories of it. I do remember the last season or two getting a bit...Weird, but it never bothered me that much. As for Atlantis, yeah, it was nice, never watched the last two episodes for some reason and now it's kinda too late for that without watching the whole series. And agreed, Universe was pretty bad, almost like they tried being Galactica but with Stargates or something. Only watched the first season of it anyway.

Scully said:
I started watching Quantum Leap yesterday, while accidentally meaning to watch Journeyman. It's actually pretty good, and even has 5 seasons, as opposed to Journeyman's 1.
Ok, so the guy still doesn't know he can't tell people he's from the future by season 2, and that he can't talk to his invisible friend in front of other people. It's getting a bit annoying.
Comrade Temuzu said:
Watching Battlestar Galactica, on the last season right now. Goddamn, those last two episodes of season 3 were ingenious.

They're the ones where the four start hearing All Along the Watchtower. I just love the way they slowly start getting the lyrics and melody and all, goddamn.
Great series, much better than SG1.

SG1 should have ended with the Anubis arc, and that awesome sky battle over antarctica. But of course, they couldn't leave O'neill on ice, and they wanted to do more with Replicators, plus the whole free Jaffa/Dakara super-weapon stuff. Then they screwed us over with that Ori nonsense and destroyed my favourite ship.

Though I do enjoy Walter Skinner as Captain of the Daedalus...

Right now I'm rewatching Spartacus and planning to catch up on the new seasons. I really like this show. Boyfriend also tried introducing me to Prison Break but even though it had a good plot I found it depressing and stopped watching it. Here's a list of the shows I've watched:

Dexter - 5/5 one of my favourite shows
Doctor Who - 3/5 Interesting, fun to watch but it's very cliche and has an incredible amount of plotholes
Torchwood - 4/5 I love this one. Captain Jack's really cool! Gotta get the second season.
That Mitchell and Webb Look - 5/5 ****ing hilarious. Comedy at it's best. Definetely recommend this to TW.
Peep Show - 4/5 Not as good as That Mitchell and Webb Look but still incredibly funny.
The L Word - 3/5 Show about a group of lesbians and their social interactions. Touches several issues and portrays emotions really well. Has it's great moments but the ending is really ****ing terrible.
NCIS 2.5/5 - Light crime solving show. Great characters but lacking in some aspects and not very memorable.
CSI (in general) 2.5/5 - Not bad overall and some of the crime plots are really great.

After Boardwalk Empire and Walking Dead went on pause I remembered that Fringe's last season had been airing for past few months, so I'm back in the sled.
Not sure where this is going, but the observers are the best alien race ever, attirewise atleast.

I want to either re-watch Battlestar Gallactica, watch season 2 of Game of Thrones, finally finish the last 2 seasons of Lost or start watching Babylon 5.

Used to watch Running Wilde and Mr. Sunshine. Both were cancelled before end of season 1  :neutral:
Bored to Death is great - but also stopped now.
No Ordinary Family was not bad, but also cancelled.
Lucy the Daughter of the Devil is the best animated series I've seen, but also cancelled.

:sad:

Back
Top Bottom