Author Topic: Taleworlders' Top Tips and Wonderful Words of Wisdom  (Read 50843 times)

Cookie Eating Huskarl

• Marquis
  • Intentionally creepy.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WBVC
Re: Taleworlders' Top Tips and Wonderful Words of Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
Also close your eyes on the moment of impact, splinters tend to aim for the eyes.
Or you could wear safety glasses/goggles like everyone else.

Antar

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Antar
  • WBWF&SNWM&BVC
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 09:11:18 PM »
Keep your legs far apart from each other while splitting logs. Also close your eyes on the moment of impact, splinters tend to aim for the eyes. Lastly. never keep a hand on the log you splitting. I've seen a man chop off a finger like that.

Oh god. That reminds me of the time when I slightly missed and the axe bounced of the side of the log. It would have cut right into my leg if I would not have twisted it to the side. Left a pretty big bruise... :|

EDIT: Who wears safety goggles while splitting logs? I haven't heard of anyone doing that.

Duh

• Hyper-Masochist
  • Duke
  • Colorporasexual
    • Steam - hanzeduh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Sir Simpleton
  • M&BWB
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
If you dont have a condom, try to pull out early. If this doesnt work, turn it into a legitimate rape, because the female body has ways of shutting that down.

Antar

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Antar
  • WBWF&SNWM&BVC
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 09:40:44 PM »
I don't like danger, I just never rally thought of it and it seems a bit pointless since we never have any chips/splinters flying.

LtSpearing

• Sergeant Knight
  • Ain't got time fo dat.
    • View Profile
    • The XI Legion
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Spearington/Ossen/Sigar
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 09:46:01 PM »
If you dont have a condom, try to pull out early. If this doesnt work, turn it into a legitimate rape, because the female body has ways of shutting that down.

That was awesome. Sigged.

/Applause

Back to the thread~

Although you may make a thread about literature, politics, religion, or the divine cause of the universe, your thread will always receive less views and replies than that of the tits & ass threads.

Jock

• Count
  • Ishkh khakfe andu null
    • Steam - thejock
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Jock
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »
Also close your eyes on the moment of impact, splinters tend to aim for the eyes.
Or you could wear safety glasses/goggles like everyone else.
Literally the first time I hear of anyone doing so.
Amidst the summer's shade of youth,
When father's sun had set -
I swore with blind and certain truth,
I never would forget.

I savoured every second's strain
In case he fell behind -
Embracing every ache and pain
To keep him in my mind.

Devercia

• Grandmaster Knight
  • "Crown! Crown for Cart-King!"
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 11:18:41 PM »
Or you could wear safety glasses/goggles like no one ever.
Fixed

Teacher Expertise:

If your lazy enough to answer all Cs on a test, at least have the will to determine whether or not all the questions are in true/false format.

3 minutes of grading an essay for 200 students is 10 hours of grading, on a weekend, that I don't get paid for. GET TO THE **** POINT AND STOP TRYING TO BE A PEDANT AND A POET!

If you cheat, at least make sure you understand what you are righting down. Your answers should not resemble a game of telephone. purple monkey dishwasher.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:21:58 PM by Devercia »

Rebound-a-Seff

• Cool Hand Luke
  • Duke
  • Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
    • Skype - seff_fap
    • Steam - Seffinator
    • YouTube - coltm1911a1
    • View Profile
    • Minsc and Boo fansite! :D
  • MP nick: irc://Seff
  • M&BWB
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »
When under fire, keep your **** head down, and the dirt out of your weapon. Also, keep your feet dry.
Death will take you without a care for circumstance or timing; live life to the fullest without fear of death, or need to know why it chooses who it does - otherwise you are already dead.

Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened.

Nahkuri

• You Talkin' to me?
  • Marquis
  • Frozen Hillbilly Eurotrash
    • Steam - FrozenHillbillyEurotrash
    • View Profile
    • Mostly Finnish
  • MP nick: Kaarne_Jaakonpoika
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:47 PM »
Get money, **** bitches.
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.
-Charles Bukowski

Displaying intelligent or witty quotes from famous, culturally important people on your social media profile will make you seem more intelligent and interesting than you likely are in reality.
-Adolf Hitler

Blead

• Count
  • Einherjar at heart, Shieldings as brother
    • Steam - killerblead
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Blead
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
Keep your feet dry? Why specifically your feet?
The axe is mightier than the pen.

Lord Burgess1

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:29 PM »
Trench foot.

Nahkuri

• You Talkin' to me?
  • Marquis
  • Frozen Hillbilly Eurotrash
    • Steam - FrozenHillbillyEurotrash
    • View Profile
    • Mostly Finnish
  • MP nick: Kaarne_Jaakonpoika
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 11:43:26 PM »
Keep your feet dry? Why specifically your feet?

Dude.
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.
-Charles Bukowski

Displaying intelligent or witty quotes from famous, culturally important people on your social media profile will make you seem more intelligent and interesting than you likely are in reality.
-Adolf Hitler

Anthropoid

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Man is a menace, a walking pestilence.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Anthropoid
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 11:44:51 PM »
Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.

If there be Gods they do not matter, and justice belongs to the strong. But remember this, that all things done before the naked stars are remembered.

Klingon proverbs
The greatest joy a  simian can know is to conquer his enemies & drive them before him. To ride their horses & take away their possessions. To see faces of those who were dear bedewed with tears & clasp their wives & daughters to his arms.

kurczak

• View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 12:33:02 AM »
The strong do not, cannot and should not respect the weak.

I really don't get this. I mean, it's very subjective and out of context like this, quite arbitrary. How do you define strong and weak?

Is it physical strength? If so, does that mean somebody who can bench 200kg shouldn't respect someone who's been paralysed from birth?

Are we talking about mental strength? Is the soldier who doesn't suffer from PTSD superior in some way to the one who does?

Or are we talking about strength of personality and conviction? There are many people in the world who have changed hearts and minds -- not always for the better.

TLDR: Further elaboration required.

e) none of the above.

Although mental strength comes pretty close, but still your particular doesn't really fit what I meant. Having PTSD is ok, not doing anything about is not. The strong/weak distinction as I meant it overlaps a lot with the overused and somewhat abused survivor/victim dichotomy. Put simply, the difference between the two groups is the will to live. The former do stuff, the latter are good at explaining why stuff can't be done. The former know that guilt accomplishes nothing and that it only stands in the way of a true change, the latter revel in it, both in receiving it and in inflicting it upon others. The former change because they want to, the latter change because they have to. The former want to succeed, the latter want others to fail. The former embrace life and hug the bejesus out of it, the latter just shuffle their feet around it helplessly. Both are hanging on a rope above this swirling vortex of chaos we call life, but only the former dare to cut the rope and be free.

I guess it is somewhat subjective and arbitrary, or at least deliberately somewhat vague. But "Wonderful Words of Wisdom" are not imo supposed to be scientific theses and they should allow for some sort of individual interpretation and customization of their meaning.

Edit: ok, I think now I smuggled in all the references I wanted.

She is Ayn Rand incarnate, so it is serious.

Sure, having a vagina and being a laissez-faire person totally makes me Ayn Rand incarnate. I guess when you bash the Fox news for too long, you will eventually adopt their way of thinking.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:46:12 AM by kurczak »
The Czech skull is impervious to reason, but it is susceptible to blows.

The American dream is that anything can happen to anyone. It's just totally random.

Anthropoid

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Man is a menace, a walking pestilence.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Anthropoid
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 12:59:12 AM »
Sure, having a vagina and being a laissez-faire person totally makes me Ayn Rand incarnate.. . .

I had a vagina once. Nothing that a lot of gaming or forum trolling can't clear up!
The greatest joy a  simian can know is to conquer his enemies & drive them before him. To ride their horses & take away their possessions. To see faces of those who were dear bedewed with tears & clasp their wives & daughters to his arms.