Mount Blade running slow when everything else runs fast?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

taylortjc

Recruit
Well lets start at the beginning ive been playing mount and blade for a while know and everything worked fine on it and mods run. but after my dad rinsed are computer and delteted everything. I reintsalled mountblade to find that it is know incredibly slow ive tried a few solutions i found here but none seem to work. All the other programs on the computer work except mountblade. Please if u have any solutions id be happy to get back to MB. THANKS!

Cool thank you but ummm wow this is stupid but what do you mean by up to date like what am i looking for?

By the way my computer is a a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80gHZ 2.17 ghz  512Mb of ram and its a Micorsoft XP home edition
Something else ive noticed reading a few of these other tech topics is that my problem with  MB slowness/frezzing is that it runs smoothly throuhg start up and menus but right when its gets to the actually game thats when it slows down immensely or feezes sometimes it slows so much u cant even play its not playable the problems gets worse when u do training,go to a town,stay on world map 2 long, or battles(which i havent even gotten to since its so slow) Hope this added info helps. :mrgreen:

Go to start -> run  and type in dxdiag. Hit enter.

On the direct X diagnostic thing, click on the video tab. Note down the card name and the manufacturer name. Click on sound, again take a note of the manufacturer and card name.

Open up google and type in the manufacturer and model of the graphics card, plus the word driver. Look for the latest available, preferrably from the manufacturer's website. Same deal with the Soundcard.

You might also want to download and reinstall Direct X from Microsoft's site, just to make sure you've got the latest version of 9.0c

If by 'rinsed and deleted' you mean re-installed Windows then look for other programs running too. If you've got an OEM version, then it's probably got a lot of adware crap from AOL and the like which you'd removed last time.

The drivers under sound date back to '02 is that a problem?

Ok ill try these im not great with computers but ill get back to you when my dad comes home and see if he can make sense of this thanks!

Back
Top Bottom