Bannerlord Plans

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiit

Sergeant Knight
What are we gonna do? When the Bannerlord comes out... Suggestions? What do you want us to do? How do you want it to be? Or what are your expectations about the league?

I think moving to Bannerlord from the start might be a mistake. We can't know what balance in new game will be, and that is important question. But, aye, like Alene said, now we have only trailer with phrases, that's not enough to consider it.

Prince_Eugen said:
I think moving to Bannerlord from the start might be a mistake. We can't know what balance in new game will be, and that is important question. But, aye, like Alene said, now we have only trailer with phrases, that's not enough to consider it.

Yeah, I think it's the same with WotR.

We should wait, play the Alpha/Beta if possible. And then we could decide if a change to Bannerlord is a good idea.

I think it'll be have a multiplayer.
Warband was bought by so much people because of the multi.
It'd be fatal if they don't bring it in

I'll say that there's also a chance of this game being only single. On the previous dev. trailers nothing said about MP, mostly about Single. But i can be wrong...

It's pretty blindingly obvious that there will be multiplayer. Why the hell else would they have brought Lust in? Why else would there be so much work being done on balancing and the creation of streamer tools, if not to help build the foundations of Bannerlord? I didn't even know there was a question regarding it being multiplayer or not, it's so obvious.

In terms of what to do when it comes out, or rather the multiplayer beta starts up in earnest, it's difficult to tell. Continue until the moment that clans want to start properly switching over. It'll be difficult to look that far ahead and see how clans will react but presumably a lot will want to hop straight into Bannerlord in order to become stronger. In which case the continuation of the league may well be difficult. If a lot of people want to switch then you'll probably just have to end the league as is and start a new one for Bannelord. Though i'd recommend a ladder so that new teams etc can join, because we can expect more teams when Bannerlord finally arrives.

Finished said:
It wont be out before 2014/15, so there's no need to get nervous right now.

I think that dates a little late myself, taleworlds would be looking at a serious continuity gap for their player base if it was going to be another three years before release. I would expect some sort of alpha/beta to start next year with then 6 months or so of balancing and testing as before. So probably late 2013, early-mid 2014 release would be my bet.

In terms of tournaments, I think it would be pretty pointless having any during beta testing. The game is going to be in flux and features may be added or removed which will make any tournament stretching over several weeks inconsistent. Balance will also likely be quite bad for early beta.

I think a lot of people will want to switch over to bannerlord as soon as they are able to, so it might be that if this tournament isn't concluded by then it may have to be stopped if clans no longer want to compete. During the beta I suspect all we will see will be either scrims only or very small and quick tournaments. Long tourneys and leagues just don't make sense until you have a more stable game.

I don't see a finished product comming out until earliest of late 2013. So 2014 is not that bad a guess imo.

Ofcourse they might release an unfinished product and then it is a different story.

Killfacer said:
It's pretty blindingly obvious that there will be multiplayer. Why the hell else would they have brought Lust in?
Obviously to have readily available samples of ginger hair. I'm disappointed by the lack of luster in the hair styles. I hope Bannerlords improves on that by introducing a specially calculated diffusion reflection algorithm for hair, and a specular reflection algorithm for those who choose to go bald.

Firunien said:
Hope Bannerlords starts with 15v15 or more Clanwars imo :grin:

As it was during Warband Beta clan wars... good old times.

And less counter strike maps please.

Btw let's wait and hope, it's all we can do now.

Doctor Lustig suck.

No, Warband and Bannerlord need all the popularity they can get from youtubers and commercials and the like

The bigger the player base, the bigger the scrims and the bigger and more epic battles

And people love that and always will love huge medieval battles

Make the game more balanced for the multiplayer competitive scene and we could even see E-Sports like LoL or Wotr

I would also say lower the rate of fire on bows and make those super heavy cav a little weaker so that inf can come into play more in the competitive game

As a player I find the challenge of Warband is what brings me back to it almost everyday, I like a challenge not some easy stuff like MW3 or some other "pick up and learn instantly combat system"

We want a fun, challenging and interactive experience, its what gamers desire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom