SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Users who are viewing this thread

KhivalrousBear said:
Well, here you go :smile:
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=250920.0][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RLkm1Gx.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gGX2FMN.jpg[/IMG]
Thank you! :grin: Man I wish this mod had a board. I'd love to see some AAR form this. Especially when you down to ~12 nations. Continents united under one banner and lords pimp walk with ~500 troops.

Hi,
Before anything congrats on the mod, it has a lot of potencial.
I've played a few hours as a lord of Japan and here goes some thoughts:
Samurai are TOOOO weak, japan start as enemy of ming and Korea and they simple beats japonese troops too easy. I saw some of the samurai stats and they are ridiculous, the comon samurai has only 2 in PS, the shogun samurai who is suposed to be the most badass troop has 0 mounted archery and only 5 PS. I think something has to be done about that, i will try other nations and post some feedback here latter.
Sorry for my bad english!

Haven't posted on this forum in years.

I wanted to say thank you for creating a mod that has everything I was looking for: historical setting, more two handed swords, EASY TO FIND companions, the guild business system included, the ability to see IN GAME faction troop trees and most importantly, and amazingly, customisable troop tree for you own Kingdom (why doesn't every mod have this?). Even as someone who doesn't like muskets etc, the time period is just on the cusp and has so much in its favour that I can overlook it. Great job.

Three minor things:

Too many gunpowder troops in armies (or is that just my bias lol?)
inca_boots error, which is almost not worth mentioning
capital letters for "English" and "english longbow gurad" should be guard.

I'm sure there's other things but I don't really care, just wanted to be slightly helpful and not seem like a total kiss ass. Great mod.

oljhinakusao said:
Man I wish this mod had a board.
Me too :wink:

Laizenbh said:
That's why I didn't play as Japan either, the first one is because the troop suck. And the second one is the ashigaru's armours are weird. :sad:

Field9 said:
Three minor things:

Too many gunpowder troops in armies (or is that just my bias lol?)
inca_boots error, which is almost not worth mentioning
capital letters for "English" and "english longbow gurad" should be guard.

I'm sure there's other things but I don't really care, just wanted to be slightly helpful and not seem like a total kiss ass. Great mod.
Isn't like the period is set in the, 17th century iirc? If it is then yes, gunpowder troops are used very commonly.
At first I was like, "holy crap this mod is sh*t, look at that letters!" luckily I continued to play the mod :lol:

Gekokujo has a awesome amount of stuff available for use with permition to use already granted by th creators (as long as You put then on the credits) including much better oriental faces and tons of japonese itens.

Isn't like the period is set in the, 17th century iirc? If it is then yes, gunpowder troops are used very commonly.
At first I was like, "holy crap this mod is sh*t, look at that letters!" luckily I continued to play the mod :lol:

I think I read it start in the 1520s but it's still my issue and not the mod lol!

Anyway, I've edited it to my liking so there are much fewer "musketeers" and they're matchlock only, inaccurate and slower. I've actually edited it so it's more total war 2 style - colours, troop names and edited troops. Having a blast.

Yifeng_konjac said:
16th century:the Northern Hemisphere
This game begin in March 23rd of 1516(based on history but not history)
Field9 said:
I think I read it start in the 1520s but it's still my issue and not the mod lol!
Anyway, I've edited it to my liking so there are much fewer "musketeers" and they're matchlock only, inaccurate and slower. I've actually edited it so it's more total war 2 style - colours, troop names and edited troops. Having a blast.
Crap, seems like I remembered wrong  :eek:. Even Japan doesn't use matchlock that common.

And actually even if matchlock is set to 99 accuracy bots seems to be too stupid to aim.
What I like to do is lower speed and accuracy, but increase damage (which sound stupid but balanced(?))

Laizenbh said:
Gekokujo has a awesome amount of stuff available for use with permition to use already granted by th creators (as long as You put then on the credits) including much better oriental faces and tons of japonese itens.
I did use gekokujo's armour mesh, to change the weird armours. It now looks pretty. It remembered me of something.
I wanted to create a realistic submod for the mod, where you can only recruit knights/samurai from castles ONLY.
But in that process too, tweak their upkeep and skills. Now they are truly elites and you should fear them. But only, if I had the time.

KhivalrousBear, I've done the same!

Increased damage so if they hit they put soldiers down but are slower and more inaccurate. Edited equipment and names for Denmark, England and a few others. It's cool.

Have you managed to remove the "inca boot" error?

I wish i could understand python enough to extract the part with the custom troops. I'd love to be able to put that in vanilla warband.

Anyway, Happy new year guys! Here's to another glorious year of conquest and combat.

First great mod.

Second, if this is still being developed. I would really love to see a city or two in the new world. Have an American Indian city, an Incan city as well. Something so settlers are not traveling to "Kyoto" to trade!

Would really love to play this as someone settling in the new world.

Perhaps add in the ability to build a farm if time allows?

adrakken said:
First great mod.

Second, if this is still being developed. I would really love to see a city or two in the new world. Have an American Indian city, an Incan city as well. Something so settlers are not traveling to "Kyoto" to trade!

Would really love to play this as someone settling in the new world.

Perhaps add in the ability to build a farm if time allows?

there's a somewhat possible way to do this. If you have started your own faction/kingdom, there is a camp menu that enables you to build an outpost I think. You can store troops there and pass time if I'm not mistaken. I think it's mentioned at the first post.

oljhinakusao said:
there's a somewhat possible way to do this. If you have started your own faction/kingdom, there is a camp menu that enables you to build an outpost I think. You can store troops there and pass time if I'm not mistaken. I think it's mentioned at the first post.

Yeah but a camp doesnt replace a city for settlers to make their trades. So, they still travel to Kyoto. Thats a long distance and makes RPing a settler difficult, need some sense of growth.

KhivalrousBear said:

16th century actually, the early 1500's. Gunpowder troops were common then. They were just starting to become common and useful around this time. If my faulty knowledge of European history is right, guns and cannons in Europe had existed since the late 1300's and helped conclude the 100 years war, but they were insanely inaccurate, heavy, bulky, prone to blowing up, and not practical. It wasn't until the 1400's that guns started to take the shape we're familiar with and it wasn't until the 17th century that cannons/artillery became small enough to easily be transported everywhere with armies.

Mandalorian said:
Give this guy his own forum

I don't even know if the mod team is still active. It would be pointless to give them their own forum if they're not around. Plus we already have enough dead mods with their own forums, if this is the case. :sad: I hold out hope though.

I have some hope left that Yifeng still continue to work on it. But they have released the code for the mod, and Yifeng hasn't been around since July of last year. These indicate that they either have stopped with this mod completely, or for a 'hiatus'. Either of which means we can't have a board for it.

Mandalorian said:
Im trying to reach him somehow. If it is live it would be amazing.
Keep us posted! I suggest checking their nexus mod page if you haven't already.

oljhinakusao said:
I have some hope left that Yifeng still continue to work on it. But they have released the code for the mod, and Yifeng hasn't been around since July of last year. These indicate that they either have stopped with this mod completely, or for a 'hiatus'. Either of which means we can't have a board for it.

Mandalorian said:
Im trying to reach him somehow. If it is live it would be amazing.
Keep us posted! I suggest checking their nexus mod page if you haven't already.

This is probably the case. If so, I hope someone will at least come along and fix the bugs and errors such as the unit names, misplaced cities/forts, and the inca footwear error. :razz:

oljhinakusao said:

The mod's main development thread is on the Chinese forum where it gets mentioned more often and I think it has a subboard. It might not be dead.

A few bugs and suggestions:

Bugs:
- Non-Allied clothing textures make Errors
- I can't choose banner for myself after becoming a lord

Historical errors:
- Milan was under French rule in 1516
- Istanbul was called Constantinople at this point in history
- Muscowite army didn't start using muskets until the 1550's
- Horses didn't exist in America in the 16th century, so natives could not have cavalry as in the mod
- Ivbeike should be renamed Berlin and moved slightly south-east.
- Female pirates wear coats that weren't in use until over 100 after the mod's timeframe
- The pistols in the mod are almost 200 years too modern
- Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth wasn't called that in 1516. It was instead just the Kingdom of Poland
- There are palm trees in the Iceland scene
- There are no mountains in Finland
- Governor Leonardo's name is misspelled
- Cairo is misspelled Caro
- Delhi is misspelled Dehli

Suggestions:
- It would be more logical for American Indian Tribes to be renamed 'Native American Tribes'
- Non-Allied should be renamed 'Incas'
- Please remove the titles from lords' names. It is pretty awkward how each lord's personality is part of their name
- Adding 'Diplomacy' mod would make the world politics more interesting

Btw. This is a great mod, thanks for making it :grin:

Back
Top Bottom