SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Users who are viewing this thread

Really super cool mod buddy continue <3 (french admirator :>)

Oh if you can explain me too how i can change the battle mapsize that can be good :< i don't find where.
Thank's

KhivalrousBear said:
When will the next update come? I wanted to make a submod of this about realistic stuff but I just don't want to start over when the update suddenly come.
Can't be sure when Yifeng will update. He's not posted for a while.
[Spirit] Barderino said:
Really super cool mod buddy continue <3 (french admirator :>)

Oh if you can explain me too how i can change the battle mapsize that can be good :< i don't find where.
Thank's

Go into your modules folder where you installed the mod, for me it's
C:\Games\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\16th_Century_the_Northern_Hemisphere 1.6

There should be a .bat file there named: Small or Big battlefeild.bat
Run it
type in '2'
hit enter
wait for it to load
hit enter again to exit
Viola, bigger maps!

Asians usually make mods only locating in...asia. But this mod is really great surprise ...whole world. Oh my what a world map , small design flaws but something  haven't seen map that scale in other mods. Impressive work.

Personally I do not like maps that allow sea travelling from everywhere to everywhere. I tend to change these maps so that there are couple vertexes wide routes with rt_river texture and other areas of sea is non passable. Example from Portugal to middle America and from England through Iceland And Gronland to Kanada. Unfortunately Warband engine do not work at all if there is long ways made with rt_river texture. Its something over 15 or 20 vertexes long paths from land to land. There is just one trick that can be made, to make long paths possible. To cut the rt_river texture every 12 vertexes by small nearly unseen landmass by summing vertexes around it together. Only drawback is that parties will move time to time through narrow path. With one map I made this discovery very painfull way when game did'nt initialize map even after 30 minutes and propably never after without heavy edit.

Here is rough example with mods map how its made.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6qb1w23bwqkan37/AADr5WERIzk3cmrC01cSMxuYa
I edited map heavily for my never released mod for me to play only. I used before 1257 AD map. I have stuff from over ten total conversion mods thats why I keep it for personal use only. 4 years I made it and started two times from start becouse my coding skills were in learning process. Now its my game of dream  :party: . But, thanks for the cookies partial offtopic over and out  :grin:

Aaaand one thing...

dinnerblaster said:
Unlike in this mod, there are no mountains in the Finland area and you should add the town of Åbo (Turku in Finnish) and a few Finnish villages to the Calmarunion, maybe also the Hämeenlinna castle and/or Viborg. As it is, Finland is just way too empty right now  :sad:

Poor example from map editor, hope those images will show.
Something something roughly like this ->
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ord0qpwzn2bqnhi/AACxBh8s19l9mRvCejLdW4zMa
Lapland looks still strange, have to smooth it.

Here is my tryout to get rid of those Calradia village names. I have no knowledge of 16th century places so these are modern places nearest to those Calradia ones.

Buvran -> Sparti
Emer -> Lamia
Ryibelet -> Troyes
Shapeshte -> Eskilstuna
Bazeck -> Parnu
Pagundur -> Genova
Ruluns -> Berat
Ehlerdah -> Rethimno
Fearichen -> Limassol
Saren -> Rostock
Dugan -> Bielefeld
Dirigh_Aban -> Nurnberg
Zagush -> Plzen
Peshmi -> Ingolstadt
Bulugur -> Salzburg
Fedner -> Innsbruck
Epeshe -> Saalbach
Veidar -> Sofia
Tismirr -> Visby
Jelbegi -> Burgas
Amashke -> Tekirdag
Balanli -> Manisa
Chide -> Aksehir
Tadsamesh -> Rize
Fenada -> Osmaniye
Aldelen -> Kars
Serindiar -> Kagoshima
Ibdeles -> Lodz
Kwynn -> Kielce
Dirigsene -> Vinnytsia
Tshibtin -> Bialystok
Elberl -> Minsk
Ayyike -> Bryansk
Sekhtem -> Samarra
Mawiti -> Haifa
Fishara -> Shiraz
Iqbayl -> Sirjan
Uzgha -> Homs
Mit_Nun -> Gorgan
Tilimsal -> Sari
Rushdigh -> Hamedan

This has just become one of my favorite mods. Great job, man. Finally a mod I can play an Ottoman and conquer the world :smile: Let's see how things would turn out if my ancestors decided not to conquer further into Europe and jump into the colonization trend :smile:

However, there's a problem. Movement speed is too damn high, it takes me only half a day to go to Istanbul from Jerusalem. Is there a way to slow movement speed (but keep the time flowing at its current speed)? Time multiplier in module.ini doesn't work as it slows both the movement and the time.

Thracian Warlord said:
This has just become one of my favorite mods. Great job, man. Finally a mod I can play an Ottoman and conquer the world :smile: Let's see how things would turn out if my ancestors decided not to conquer further into Europe and jump into the colonization trend :smile:

However, there's a problem. Movement speed is too damn high, it takes me only half a day to go to Istanbul from Jerusalem. Is there a way to slow movement speed (but keep the time flowing at its current speed)? Time multiplier in module.ini doesn't work as it slows both the movement and the time.

Do not touch that module.ini time multipier, it can mess up things. For reason mod developers set it how fast time runs in world map. It has nothing to do with party speeds.

All right there is three possibilities to continue to set up player party speed slower.

a) This mods developer rethinks and corrects it with patch.

b) Someone corrects it and releases example scrpts.txt wich includes tweaked party speed.

c) You could do it for your game.

b and c are possible, couse mods developer have released module system. There is one disadvantage of these methods. If mods developer launches next patch that updates mods .txt files, you have to reapply tweaks with MS that supports latest patch.

Now let's see how this mod sets party speeds in its 1.6 version MS.

Code:
  ("game_get_party_speed_multiplier",
   [
     (store_script_param, ":party_no", 1),

(assign,":base_speed",100),	 
	 (try_begin),
		(eq,":party_no","p_main_party"),
		(eq,"$current_party_state",1),
		(val_mul, ":base_speed", 2),
	 (else_try),
		(eq,":party_no","p_main_party"),
		(eq,"$current_party_state",2),
		(val_mul, ":base_speed", 3),
		(val_div, ":base_speed", 4),		
	 (try_end),		

(set_trigger_result, ":base_speed"),
    ]),

All other parties, but player party speed is default 100. (val_mul, ":base_speed", 2), this multiplies player party speed by 2 in some situations and player party speed is 200% faster than default. (val_mul, ":base_speed", 3), this multiplies player party speed by 3. (val_div, ":base_speed", 4), this divides player party speed by 4. So in some situations player party speed is 25% slower than other parties. Now if example player party speed in world map in some situations defaults to 4 that code makes it to run about speed of ~8, So player party is around 200% faster than other parties with same size. Now I have to inspect what these situations are between 25% slower and 200% faster.

Edit: In mods camp menu there should be menu "You can give your party a order.". There should be options, Fast, Slow and Cover Up. Fast means that your party speed is 200% faster for some time but it lowers your morale. Slow seems default speed 100%. Cover Up makes hostile parties to ignore player party for some time and it lowers morale and player party speed is 25% slower. Leadership have to be atleast 4 to apply this order.

Currently I have no idea why your party speed seems so fast by default. Have not really played this mod just checked .py code about this matter and robbed some materials and edited world map for my usage only.  :razz:

I love this mod and am trying to figure out how best to merge it with Floris in a 17th century Calradia conversion. Thanks for releasing the python.  :party:

Also...if you guys want assistance with some of the spelling / english strings please let me know. Would be happy to help.

This mod is awesome, so bad a lot of people didnt know it.
I wanna ask something, Im trying to discover the hidden chest location, where can I found them?

Yacal said:

I know right  :razz:. Thing I found very impressive how much work he has alone done for this mod and how some of the features are so unique.

TucKMuncK said:
Yacal said:

I know right  :razz:. Thing I found very impressive how much work he has alone done for this mod and how some of the features are so unique.

I think it's a team of modders, with Yifeng being the one posting the work here. Check the nexus page of the mod, I think there are 3 actual modders.

The top feature of this mod for me is certainly the ability to design your own troop trees.

Also KhivalrousBear great sig. may I copy it? :grin:

Edit: You never know, Yifeng might come up with a surprise update. He's done so in the past with the 1.3 update. Just keep playing end enjoying the game!

Well, here you go :smile:
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=250920.0][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RLkm1Gx.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gGX2FMN.jpg[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom