What made you lose faith in humanity today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, if I were to go for a coffee or whatever, I would probably leave (the equivalent of) 50 cents of a dollaroo at the table.
I clearly remember the case  of a waiter that received 500 pesos as a tip, which is around  25 Dollars. She was so shokit that she made a post on Facebook/twitter looking for the customer, claiming that surely it had to be a mistake, and no one in their sane mind would tip so high.

Harkon Haakonson said:
:lol: People banned from not tipping, oh man. What a ****hole country. That whole attitude of almost literally mandatory tips is among the most retarded things.

I mean I won't deny that it's kind of a ****hole in most places, but tipping culture is really not the worst thing to complain about. Tipping a waiter is not that bad, a co-payment of $120 just to have a 10 minute conversation with my doctor is a little worse. $18-40 to see a movie is a little worse. :razz: Meanwhile people in Europe can afford to go to the theater (sorry, cinema ugh) every weekend and have more fun doing it. Blows my fkn mind.

And maybe I'm just used to tipping but I've never had a reason not to, Vegas has a big thing about hospitality and our waiters are fkn pros. If you're a tourist you'd never have to worry about it. (pls come to vegas, gibe moni pls, come see our hockey team, come to our strip clubs #VegasStrong ~ Sponsored by Treasure Island)

coeurderoi said:
I clearly remember the case  of a waiter that received 500 pesos as a tip, which is around  25 Dollars.

Waitresses at Hooters probably get 25 regularly :lol:

Blas de Lezo y Olavarrieta de Cartagena de Indias said:
Harkon Haakonson said:
:lol: People banned from not tipping, oh man. What a ****hole country. That whole attitude of almost literally mandatory tips is among the most retarded things.

I mean I won't deny that it's kind of a ****hole in most places, but tipping culture is really not the worst thing to complain about. Tipping a waiter is not that bad, a co-payment of $120 just to have a 10 minute conversation with my doctor is a little worse. $18-40 to see a movie is a little worse. :razz: Meanwhile people in Europe can afford to go to the theater (sorry, cinema ugh) every weekend and have more fun doing it. Blows my fkn mind.

Thank god for hitler. In the 1950s my grandma almost completed her visa for travel to the USA before suddenly feeling very worried and changing her mind. At the same time the post-war damage to Britain forced many public services to advertise for jobs in the colonies. I'd be in Queens, NY right now if it wasn't for der furher. Heil Hitler. No tips or GP fees for me.

@jakobsen saw an article about how some people that came from the Caribbean or other former colonies to work in the public transport in the UK never actually became citizens (or their kids) and now they can't have pensions because they just found out that they aren't British citizens

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
Surely at some point they would remember not becoming a British citizen and apply for a citizenship?
Yeah... I work with loads of Indian guys who are naturalised British citizens and they can't have been here for more than 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom