Name those realistic combat scenes from movies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 Spider Bloody Chain

Grandmaster Knight
Could someone point out to me some specific realistic combat scenes from recent (1990+) movies? I can't remember too many realistic ones, although Kingdom of Heaven tries ("The Italians call it the guard of the hawk...you strike from up high, like this.").

Battle for Kerak was pretty realistic as well. The battle scenes in Alexander the Great were too.

There's [ur=http://www.movie-gazette.com/cinereviews/1147l]this Korean film[/url] that does a quite decent job (IIRC, been a while since I saw it) of portrraying combat on a scale actually similar to that of M&B.

Everyone will laugh when I say this, including me... but... TROY.
One SPECIFIC scene- (not grasshopping about in bronze, or cutting through solid statues)... the fight outside Illium's gate, where the two shieldwalls clash is pretty good. The rest of the film, bullpats, but still.
And in Kingdom of Heaven, the battle at the breach is pretty close to realistic- especially the crossbowmen either side of the breach picking at the Saracen flanks.

The Duelist remains one of the most accurate fighting movies.

The fight at the end of Robin and Marian was also great. 

I thought the tournament sword-fight scene in a Knight's Tale look quite realistic, bu I haven't watched it in a while

Naridill said:
The 1982 Ivanhoe movie, I think. I saw one movie one time, about Ivanhoe beating the **** out of Prince John or whichever of his lackeys. It seemed pretty life-like, although I probably have no clue about what I'm talking about, and it might be a different movie, so I'll shut up :lol:

Where they used the mace-and-chain and the axe? That was kinda cool. Ivanhoe gets the chain wrapped around his axe then pulls the other dude off his horse.  :lol:

gladiator was extremely well done.......overlooked way 2 much....LOTR was all right with combat to but gladiator surpassed it by far! :!: :mrgreen:

Llew2 said:
Naridill said:
The 1982 Ivanhoe movie, I think. I saw one movie one time, about Ivanhoe beating the **** out of Prince John or whichever of his lackeys. It seemed pretty life-like, although I probably have no clue about what I'm talking about, and it might be a different movie, so I'll shut up :lol:

Where they used the mace-and-chain and the axe? That was kinda cool. Ivanhoe gets the chain wrapped around his axe then pulls the other dude off his horse.  :lol:
That was the 1952 movie with Robert Taylor, who also starred in Knights of the Round Table, and Elizabeth Taylor. 
We were talking about the 1982, BBC version with Anthony Andrews and Sam Neil.  Which is a much better version of Ivanhoe, in my opinion.  The armor wasn't as accurate as I now like, now that I'm older and know what to look for, but it never was in those days, and it was such a great movie anyway.  And influential.  I credit that one with giving me a lifelong case of the armor bug. :smile:

Naridill said:
Damnit, it was the 1952 flick I saw :razz:

I'll have to catch the 1982 one too. Although Roger Moore as Ivanhoe in the 1958 version really doesn't appeal to me.

Anthony Andrews makes a much better Scarlet Pimpernel then he does Ivanhoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom