Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
crodeau said:
we have ojalá which is probably just a deformation of it

Are you from Spain? I lived there for 2 years and they say "ojala" all the time. It actually stems from the Muslim Moors who ruled southern Spain for several hundred years. It's a variation of something like "inshalla" (or however you say it) that stuck with the Spainish language and is still used today. It also means the same thing...like "Lord willing, or God willing". Ojala que estes bien!

I hope they're not having major issues with the game, I do wish they remained with price-increasing Paradox though. They could've handled this much better, but I'm going to act like this was a minor if significant footnote in the annals when Bannerlord is released.

I hope they re-consider or some modification implements the necessity of having to listen to commander orders. I can sympathize with players not wanting to be forced into AI-orders, but people were ecstatic playing the Freelancer mod and aren't they bringing that into Bannerlords? You're forced to be with your Lord, so if you're willing to be granted autonomy in your Lord's army, you should at least be forced to listen to battlefield orders in exchange for better loot and relations, or be booted/arrested.

And I hope spears are more useful. Since you need space to swing your weapons for significant effect, I hope spears in formation are more capable than swords in that regard. Some form of pushback and forced reliance on shields and flanking.

I was even hoping you can have soldiers/players that can use spears/pikes in the underhand form so we can stab overhead the first line in combat. That'd be amazing and realistic. The Medieval Era's never really had that form of Classical warfare present from my knowledge which Mount & Blade espouses, but I don't see why it shouldn't be included. Some way of clipping through friendlies with an overhead attack if that's how it needs to be done? I think it would really breathe more life, more tactics into the game. It might actually make Full Invasion or any wave-mod successor more melee-friendly.

Is Freelancer for Bannerlord even confirmed? The sergeant thing can be designated by like the marshal and the lords in the battle have different roles but you arent actually part of his army

Dest45 said:
Is Freelancer for Bannerlord even confirmed? The sergeant thing can be designated by like the marshal and the lords in the battle have different roles but you arent actually part of his army

I don't think it is. But to me, it's a must have feature. Start as infantry and get promoted to commander then marshal or something. It would.make the start of the game a lot less frustrating and dull.

Varrak said:
spurklez said:
you kinda missed a word from armagan yavuz that turns the table (its a little bit hard to hear cuz armagan says it right after the journalist guy, while the mic was not close to him)

journalist: I hope it stops at 6 years.
armagan yavuz: yes, I HOPE it wont be 7 years (chuckle)

Nope. Turkish version of the conversation;

Journalist : "Umarız 6 yılda kalır" (We hope it stays at 6 years)
Armağan Yavuz : "7 yıl olmaz, evet" (it won't be 7 years, yes)

There is no "maybe/hope/wish" etc. Btw their words are very clear, and video's quality is pretty fine.
The microphone was pointed to Armagan a bit late. You're missing out the "Umarım" at the beginning. I think it is there.

Gab-AG. said:
MiguelSnake said:
Gab-AG. said:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/16/e3-2017-in-mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-commanding-has-never-been-better

“ready when it’s ready - but hopefully sometime soon™.”.

9ab1513ff4.png

Gab-AG. said:
spurklez said:
you kinda missed a word from armagan yavuz that turns the table (its a little bit hard to hear cuz armagan says it right after the journalist guy, while the mic was not close to him)

journalist: I hope it stops at 6 years.
armagan yavuz: yes, I HOPE it wont be 7 years (chuckle)

5133cfd631.png
Ahahaha yee . Nice one

PrinceNaga said:
I hope they're not having major issues with the game, I do wish they remained with price-increasing Paradox though. They could've handled this much better, but I'm going to act like this was a minor if significant footnote in the annals when Bannerlord is released.

I hope they re-consider or some modification implements the necessity of having to listen to commander orders. I can sympathize with players not wanting to be forced into AI-orders, but people were ecstatic playing the Freelancer mod and aren't they bringing that into Bannerlords? You're forced to be with your Lord, so if you're willing to be granted autonomy in your Lord's army, you should at least be forced to listen to battlefield orders in exchange for better loot and relations, or be booted/arrested.

And I hope spears are more useful. Since you need space to swing your weapons for significant effect, I hope spears in formation are more capable than swords in that regard. Some form of pushback and forced reliance on shields and flanking.

I was even hoping you can have soldiers/players that can use spears/pikes in the underhand form so we can stab overhead the first line in combat. That'd be amazing and realistic. The Medieval Era's never really had that form of Classical warfare present from my knowledge which Mount & Blade espouses, but I don't see why it shouldn't be included. Some way of clipping through friendlies with an overhead attack if that's how it needs to be done? I think it would really breathe more life, more tactics into the game. It might actually make Full Invasion or any wave-mod successor more melee-friendly.

In Polish E3 Demo review, around 4:01 you can see, that even lances have now 3 attack "modes": couched, low thrust and high thrust (even on horseback), so your wish with stabbing overhead might come true:
https://youtu.be/gUW_BNbG7pk?t=4m1s

Maybe some new info from here :https://www.factornews.com/article/e3-2017-premiers-empalages-cadeaux-dans-mount-and-blade-2-page-1-43229.html

sorry but i'm french so my english is not so good:

-They don't know yet if they want to limit the battle to 500 or 1000.
-The physics are not "prioritize" (I don't know the term in english but in other words, the game will run the same on nvidia and amd).
-The game will be CPU heavy (6 cores recommended but 8 cores would be the best).
-The game is not GPU heavy
-They are trying to integrate the coop but for the moment nothing is certain.
- 7 people are working on the engine and there are 70 people working on the game.
There are 3 levels of AI: a) one for the faction
                                      b) a second one for the army
                                        c) a third one for every NPC but the journalist has seen the AI doing weird things (no reacting,....)
-For now, they are not planning gamepad or console port.

dodido said:
Maybe some new info from here :https://www.factornews.com/article/e3-2017-premiers-empalages-cadeaux-dans-mount-and-blade-2-page-1-43229.html

sorry but i'm french so my english is not so good:

-They don't know yet if they want to limit the battle to 500 or 1000.
-The physics are not "prioritize" (I don't know the term in english but in other words, the game will run the same on nvidia and amd).
-The game will be CPU heavy (6 cores recommended but 8 cores would be the best).
-The game is not GPU heavy
-They are trying to integrate the coop but for the moment nothing is certain.
- 7 people are working on the engine and there are 70 people working on the game.
There are 3 levels of AI: a) one for the faction
                                      b) a second one for the army
                                        c) a third one for every NPC but the journalist has seen the AI doing weird things (no reacting,....)
-For now, they are not planning gamepad or console port.
Those are good news. Thanks for bringing it here.

I read the article and if this is true that mean that we all need to change our computer when Bannerlord gets out, but its maybe in two years so... ! i5 are 4 cores ? Does hyperthreading make virtual cores ?

Armaury said:
I read the article and if this is true that mean that we all need to change our computer when Bannerlord gets out, but its maybe in two years so... !
I have already gotten myself  an i7-7700k I think I am good for quite some time! Really excited for this game. ..  :iamamoron:

6 cores here. I wonder how many fps would i get with 500 units in the screen.

I wonder if TaleWorlds could just release the demo for us to test the game and performance on our own rigs.

So they are actually going to use 8 cores? Yay!

Does this mean that with 6 and less cores, 500 unit max. And with 8 cores, or even more, will enable 1000 units on screen?
Ofcourse this doesn't confirm anything... But it's nice to finally have some technical info.

Varrak said:
6 cores here. I wonder how many fps would i get with 500 units in the screen.

I wonder if TaleWorlds could just release the demo for us to test the game and performance on our own rigs.

just for the sake of testing your rig?
thats so not Taleworlds

Excellent. Thanks for the news as I was only asking about information on cores etc a week or two ago.

Looks like this solidifies the chances of my new build to be a AMD RYZEN.
Still have to wait on the results of ATI Vega reference card tests at the end of the month to serif I'll likely be going ATI or NVIDIA.

I also think HDD will be key to good load times across the board so am looking at what needs to happen to get those 4 GBPS read speeds on SSD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom