Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I thought the showcase was today and thought they were going there a day before.
Turns out it was actually yesterday and yesterday there were 18 people in the game according to steamdb https://steamdb.info/app/261550/graphs/
They played it for 2-3 hours. No news on any of the media outlets so far tho.

Taleworlds is usually very strict about releasing any sort of info . Now they look like they are confident to let people play the game means that its in playable state.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
So I thought the showcase was today and thought they were going there a day before.
Turns out it was actually yesterday and yesterday there were 18 people in the game according to steamdb https://steamdb.info/app/261550/graphs/

Taleworlds is usually very strict about releasing any sort of info . Now they look like they are confident to let people play the game means that its in playable state.
Thas a great news !

Ki-Ok Khan said:

What if it was just a trick to manipulate our minds?

Ki-Ok Khan said:

My thoughts exactly with the gamestar people.

Huh, so it kinda looks like they had small testing for the supposed e3 playable demo, no?

I wonder what it is, to be honest. Single player, especially with the initial quest, seems like poor ~15 minutes promo material. Custom battles or will we finally learn something about multi? The latter makes sense, there's not much left to be told about single that I wouldn't prefer to learn by playing myself.

All you forum people are always asking for multiplayer, but let's face it, the vast majority of people play M&B for its single player. I very much doubt that they would focus their gameplay demo around such a niche group of people. Especially considering that multiplayer is no different than single player, just without any of the strategic elements that actually make the game fun.

Before you knock on me for being a recruit on the forums, as I know so many of you like to do, I do have over 1,700 hours clocked into M&B on Steam alone (Thcflowsinme), not considering Viking conquest, time off of Steam, etc..

I just don't see a point in a multiplayer demo. "Hey guys, we've been working really hard on kingdom management and the potential for lords to die, etc.... But here's a multiplayer demo where you can just run around trying to kill each other".

Just my thoughts.

mike.oconnor96 said:
All you forum people are always asking for multiplayer, but let's face it, the vast majority of people play M&B for its single player. I very much doubt that they would focus their gameplay demo around such a niche group of people. Especially considering that multiplayer is no different than single player, just without any of the strategic elements that actually make the game fun.

Before you knock on me for being a recruit on the forums, as I know so many of you like to do, I do have over 1,700 hours clocked into M&B on Steam alone (Thcflowsinme), not considering Viking conquest, time off of Steam, etc..

I just don't see a point in a multiplayer demo. "Hey guys, we've been working really hard on kingdom management and the potential for lords to die, etc.... But here's a multiplayer demo where you can just run around trying to kill each other".

Just my thoughts.

The communist phalanx of this thread fully agrees with thee.

mike.oconnor96 said:
All you forum people are always asking for multiplayer, but let's face it, the vast majority of people play M&B for its single player

E3 demo is not for M&B old players, is for the next generation. If they believe they can sell 3million copies for MP and e-sports or whatever, then they will showcase that. Lets not be naive and expect them to focus on the smaller and old community  :mrgreen:

mike.oconnor96 said:

Just my thoughts.

Absolutely wrong imho, played thousands of hours on multiplayer and only few hundreds in singleplayer. Although I love singleplayer, multi's just what lasts longer for me.

I don't think the majority of players plays M&B for the singleplayer experience.

mike.oconnor96 said:
"Hey guys, we've been working really hard on kingdom management and the potential for lords to die, etc....
How exactly would you want to allow to play through all of that biggest amount of people in shortest time, though? It's something that I can see showcased by dev playing scripted line of events, kinda like that other video with battle they did.

I think letting bunch of people quickly whip together a wacky character and go bash each other in some kind of arena sounds like reasonable kind of demo for e3.

I think it would be cool if they showed at least a little footage of multiplayer in some form, just for those that play it. Although the majority of people do play singleplayer. If you look at the steam community page for M&B there is usually around 7,000 - 9,000 people playing M&B, and only about 400-600 of those are playing multiplayer.

I played warband for probably 6000 hours. 500 of it was singleplayer. I do wanna know what they bring with new game.

They have already revealed footage of multiplayer in action. Namely, they showcased the replay system, and there was also a duel between Lust and some other developer. I think they're not talking much about multiplayer because, unlike SP, we know what to expect.

Also, I fear that their hands-on is going to be exactly that `in some form or shape` promise they gave previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom