Status
Not open for further replies.
Salmonsy said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Exactly 2 months left for E3  :iamamoron:

37lMOp.png

R0pNgn.png

Anybody else excited to see what they are not going to show?  :iamamoron:

No because I have zero reason to believe anything they'll show or tell at E3.
You sure read my message tho right?

I'm going to guess, much to my own chagrin, that they're working on multiplayer, as it's something we haven't heard almost anything about, and is something incredibly difficult to balance. there are just too many edge-cases, and bugs in multiplayer are going to be the first thing people complain about. honestly I wouldn't doubt if it became a developmental sinkhole.

ToyBoat said:
I'm going to guess, much to my own chagrin, that they're working on multiplayer, as it's something we haven't heard almost anything about, and is something incredibly difficult to balance. there are just too many edge-cases, and bugs in multiplayer are going to be the first thing people complain about. honestly I wouldn't doubt if it became a developmental sinkhole.

They won't be able to balance it internally, I'm pretty sure they know that given past experience with warband. I think it's quite likely players will find some incredibly O/P and broken stuff in just the first hours after release. That's why you need a beta period to clear that stuff up.

As for bugs in multiplayer, I doubt that's really a roadblock (speaking as someone who has both modded warband and written multiplayer net code for other games).

Honestly I would guess the delays are entirely down to perfectionism or spec creep, this is why in some ways having a publisher giving them a deadline would lock them down and force them to get something out the door. It's obvious from the length of time they have spent developing it that they have had some major project management issues, I don't think its possible to be otherwise, with the size of team they have there producing a game like this just wouldn't take 7 years. In fairness though taleworlds has expanded rapidly after warband so that's going to come with a bit of a learning curve for the management team.

everyone waiting for the e3?
lets play e3-bingo.

"in some form to players hand by end of the year"
"currently hard working to get this game ready"
"look at our cool character creation system"
"we are trying to make the best game we possibly can"
"please keep in mind its work in progress. so there is much polishing to be done".

Excited to see more ignorant questions from interviewers/fans such as "HOW HAVE YOU BEEN INSPIRED BY FOR HONOR?" "ARE THERE BOSS FIGHTS?" and the classic "WILL THERE BE MODS?"

aekilju said:
Excited to see more ignorant questions from interviewers/fans such as "HOW HAVE YOU BEEN INSPIRED BY FOR HONOR?" "ARE THERE BOSS FIGHTS?" and the classic "WILL THERE BE MODS?"

There's also that "when will it be released?" one.

It always gets to me.

Yeah, I'm crying here.

aekilju said:

What a pleb-tier thing to look forward to. Personally I'm writhing in anticipation for the inevitable interview by a group of loud, arrogant, executive-approved beard-wearing hipster twitch streamers who say "so its like game of thrones meets dark souls" ten times every second.

I'm looking forward to the number of people who are new to the franchise and how they'll react to the low-fantasy world of Calradia. I really hope it inspires them to pursue historical knowledge and new game genres. :>

Jacobhinds said:
What a pleb-tier thing to look forward to. Personally I'm writhing in anticipation for the inevitable interview by a group of loud, arrogant, executive-approved beard-wearing hipster twitch streamers who say "so its like game of thrones meets dark souls" ten times every second.

Excuse me, it's much more a game of thrones simulator fused with SKYRIM. Only true patricians can make such comparisons, so your misguided deduction is forgiven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom