Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread  (Read 8036945 times)

Wulfburk

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord [E3 Siege Videos]
« Reply #39975 on: March 05, 2017, 04:06:34 AM »
My bet is they wont make any special feature and just added the forest warfare thing for lore.

Like... Sarranids are specialized in desert warfare arent they? Do they gain bonuses when fighting on deserts? No. And i doubt they will.

Lower your hype everybody. LOWER IT.    DO IT
Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Sasquatch_Punter

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #39976 on: March 05, 2017, 04:26:52 AM »
My bet is they wont make any special feature and just added the forest warfare thing for lore.

Like... Sarranids are specialized in desert warfare arent they? Do they gain bonuses when fighting on deserts? No. And i doubt they will.

I thought the Sarranids had better army compositions for desert warfare? Highly mobile light cavalry and mounted archers make better use of the wide open terrain.

For forests you'd need to have a high infantry speed for flanking and big, two-handed axes/swords for chopping through shield walls, plus cavalry that are highly maneuverable and light. Melee would be the main focus of forest "warfare", archers and cavalry distant seconds with melee-capable ranged infantry supporting your heavy melee troops. The Nords, basically.

Wulfburk

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39977 on: March 05, 2017, 04:33:36 AM »
Its what im saying, specialized in forest warfare probably just meant army composition, and not a campaign map or even battle map bonus when in such situation.
Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Plovercrest

« Reply #39978 on: March 05, 2017, 06:05:57 AM »
I'm just excited to see how they make Battania specialized in forest warfare. Better be some special ability such as hiding in forest areas or something.

Maybe there will be a simple stealth element. AI have a line of sight. If they don't see you or troops, you aren't there.

Grimaldus

• Recruit
  • WE LIVE AND DIE AS BROTHERS! FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39979 on: March 05, 2017, 06:39:53 AM »
This may have already been discussed, but I'm going to say it anyway. Something I'm really hoping from this game is that becoming a lord/ruler is not the only mid/late game option. Bandit lord, mercenary party, these things should be fleshed out as a playstyle, rather than as stepping stones on the only path you can take. For one, attacking caravans should not garner any negative relation with a faction unless people are able to successfully flee from you. This alone makes attacking caravans a viable option for mid game players who are unable to take on lords, and can give a lot of gold and make this type of play sustainable. More mercenary missions--clearing out ruins, killing bandits, etc, should be available, as well as participating in wars only for a certain amount of time. Sometimes I don't want to become a lord, but the gameplay before a lord is only a precursor in warband, as it's nearly impossible to sustain large numbers any other way. Making a bandit hideout or mercenary outpost, these should be part of these alternative paths.

afa

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #39980 on: March 05, 2017, 07:08:47 AM »
For one, attacking caravans should not garner any negative relation with a faction unless people are able to successfully flee from you.
You have my vote :party:
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

Looter

• Sergeant Knight
  • "You Better Not Be A Manhunter!"
    • Steam - CalradianLooter/
    • YouTube - UC-u9Tk4bnni7sdcHURLbjxQ
    • View Profile
    • FFN Account
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Jeremus
  • WBNWWF&SVC
« Reply #39981 on: March 05, 2017, 07:16:02 AM »
For one, attacking caravans should not garner any negative relation with a faction unless people are able to successfully flee from you.
You have my vote :party:
So long as the caravan attacked Isn't in visible range of other parties or nearby fiefs I agree with this.
“O Bannerlord, Bannerlord! Wherefore art thou Bannerlord?”

HUMMAN

• Master Knight
  • Gunshot Riddim
    • View Profile
« Reply #39982 on: March 05, 2017, 07:16:20 AM »

Sadly, probably you are right but i want to believe there are special features in combat mechanics.

Pilum

• Sergeant Knight
  • Wants to play Bannerlord! Aserai for the win!
    • View Profile
  • VCNWWBWF&S
« Reply #39983 on: March 05, 2017, 07:48:16 AM »
Maybe there will be a simple stealth element. AI have a line of sight. If they don't see you or troops, you aren't there.

Is that confirmed, AI line of sight?

CaptainLee

• Sergeant Knight
  • Calradia is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39984 on: March 05, 2017, 08:43:54 AM »

There is an Ambush mechanic (or at least it has been alluded to as we are short on details). Presumably Battanians would be the ambush faction and maybe gain bonuses to it?

'Calradia, the continent where Mount & Blade takes place, is a low-fantasy setting deeply rooted in history: its past and factions are inspired by real kingdoms and conflicts of old, but it also adds its own doses of imagination.' -Steve Negus

Ki-Ok Khan

« Reply #39985 on: March 05, 2017, 09:01:18 AM »
Here is the entire text if you wanna read it from here.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:04:20 AM by Ki-Ok Khan »

Duce del Fascismundy

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Permanently Banned
  • La trompette guerrière a sonné l'heure des combats
    • Steam - legrandegeneral
    • YouTube - UCq1k2LoI8HRwg03aN_CqsEA
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: MrMundy
  • WBNWWF&SVC
« Reply #39986 on: March 05, 2017, 10:36:33 AM »

Is that confirmed, AI line of sight?

For units? I dont recall anyone ever saying anything like that, not to mention that it would be stupid. You would have to search the enemy inside the keep and then lead your soldiers to it. Or if they searched on their own it would just make the battle longer without any action happening.

joei160.

• Sergeant
  • ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027536022/
    • Twitter - @OLiderSupremo
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&SM&B
« Reply #39987 on: March 05, 2017, 11:00:39 AM »
Another day without the 15th blog...
I have wandered in many far off lands and I've acknowledged the following wisdom:

Propriedade é roubo.

CaptainLee

• Sergeant Knight
  • Calradia is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39988 on: March 05, 2017, 11:06:58 AM »
Another day without the 15th blog...

Yes booo to those Taleworlders having a day off on Sunday! Who do they think they are?
'Calradia, the continent where Mount & Blade takes place, is a low-fantasy setting deeply rooted in history: its past and factions are inspired by real kingdoms and conflicts of old, but it also adds its own doses of imagination.' -Steve Negus

Do not look here

• Duke
  • Well, ich bin dobry cattolico, as well now
    • View Profile
  • WBVCM&B
« Reply #39989 on: March 05, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »
participating in wars only for a certain amount of time.
This, oh so much. They already had mechanic with marshal calling soldiers for campaign. Just refine it so that realm won't end up camping by a castle for a week before going home and allow mercenary players walk up to the marshal and hire themselves for its duration. Also, faction specific contracts. So that I won't recruit an elite troop of Faction X and get myself huge morale penalty because Faction Y, my employer, went to war with Faction X.
Naprawdę dobry cattolico!