Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy new year and basic question regarding game settings: is the ability to turn off permanent character death available. And seperately is the "player takes 1/2 or 1/4th damage" settings in warband still present?

Anyway, thanks for the info/clarifications above for the other questions :smile:

Captain Lust said:
SenorZorros said:
May I presume that this focus has to do with polishing the combat to make it presentable for a beta and/or something like balance testing?
You certainly may! (and would be right to do so :smile:)

Alreth said:
Captain Lust said:
Hi all! (hi WEe :smile:)

I'm just back from a small Christmas holiday. Normally I keep a keen eye on this thread anyway but I did take a bit of a break this time, after a rather intense period working on the Invasion update and a few difficulties surrounding its release. Just needed a bit of a rest!

Catching up on the thread, the first thing I'd like to say is that my name is mentioned far too much! :p I'm not the story here really.

Essentially, we're just really focused on making progress with the game right now. There are some things that we're ready to start showing and talking about - having been spread rather thin while working on the update, it has been the case that I haven't really had time to work on a new blog but that's something I'm looking to turn my attention back to now. The game is coming along and we're particularly focused on combat right now, working towards putting together something that we can start using for external testing (in whichever form that takes).

I certainly understand the hunger for news and hopefully it won't be too long before we put out a fresh chunk of Bannerlord information.

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on this thread for the next hour or so and clarify some outstanding questions about information we've put out in the past, if anyone's interested!

Happy New Year all!

I would like to ask about characters aging system. You've mentioned this feature in one of the previous blogs, promissing to speak about it in the future. I wonder if anything changed in this matter? I mean, you're still sure this will be in-game feature?
Allez said:
Any possible explanation on mortality and how it may work?
These are somewhat related, so I'll answer them together.

Unfortunately it's not the right time (or really the right platform) to talk about unrevealed aspects of these features. Nothing is a guarantee and although we try to avoid it, everything has the potential to be changed entirely or dropped altogether; such is the nature of game development. However, we have made every effort to ensure that features we mention are either fully/partially implemented or planned with a very high degree of certainty (which isn't a response to the actions of or reactions to actions of any other company - it has always been our approach!). We don't just mention things without consideration and permanent character death is still something you can expect to see in the game. That hasn't changed.

It's simply the case that discussing finer details of the feature wouldn't be appropriate right now, to avoid giving information that could end up misleading, in relation to Bannerlord as a final product.

Jostino said:
Actually there is ongoing a closed beta testing or not?? I think this is a main question inside here.
No external testing (i.e. using players from outside of the company) of any kind has been carried out for Bannerlord in the past, nor is there any ongoing.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either misinformed or lying!

578 said:
1) Are the hair textures going to be improved? The battanian defense siege showcases the character hair and it looks extremely static
Being static isn't strictly related to the texture. If you're asking whether or not hair will have any physical properties in the future, I cannot and really ought not say right now. It's not something we haven't considered but it is taxing in terms of both development time required and performance. Nevertheless, feedback noted!

578 said:
2) Are the animations of walking and running final?
Nothing is necessarily final at this point. If you have some thoughts, feel free to share them!

578 said:
3) We see shoulder clothing like a wolf's skin, scarf etc. Are these in multiplayer? I think they should, we need more ways to look unique imo in multiplayer.
Currently multiplayer uses the same equipment slots as single player and we have no plans to change that. I hope that answers your question.

578 said:
4) Will there be shield bashing animations or warcries? They are very popular in mods. By shield bashing I do not mean to knockdown an enemy, but hitting your weapon to your shield for adrenaline/taunting reasons.
Can't talk about that I'm afraid.

578 said:
5) If I craft a sword and I kill many Lords with it, does its value increase since the fame of the wielder and the sword itself are increased? Would be cool to be able to sell that has slain many lords and has increased value.
Nope, can't answer this either.

578 said:
6) Battanians = Vaegir, nord invasion?
No :S. They don't really have an equivalent among Warband's factions. Culturally they're mainly inspired by british celtic cultures, specifically the picts. The key word is "inspired" though.

Pilum said:
It hasn't really been put out in the past, but could you perhaps give an estimate on how many players can play in multiplayer in Bannerlord? It doesn't have to be an exact answer, but can it be more than in Warband, say more than 200 players?
We certainly have high ambitions in this respect but obviously the problem with saying anything is that you can't predict the future, network requirements etc. could change and we haven't tested with numbers above the number of employees in the office. I'll just leave it at "high ambitions" for now. Sorry!

Pilum said:
Also, will Taleworlds be attending the PC Gamer Weekender in February?
We currently aren't planning to but that's a reflection of our current development goals and cycles, rather than our experience at the event last year! I'm actually a little gutted I don't get to go back this year; PC Gamer were great hosts to us personally, as well as giving us a really fantastic platform to show off the game and find us good audience of M&B players.

The timing just isn't quite right unfortunately!

Thanks for the answers Lust! When I said Battanians, I meant Sturgians, but my brain shut off for some reason. And I am really happy to be able to use these awesome wolf skin cosmetics in multiplayer :grin:

On the feedback, regarding your answers:

1) The hair seems static as unnatural, I did not really expect it to have physics from the start, it seemed a bit off!

2) The walking animation seems a bit robotic and the body of the characters when running seems fine but the head is 'stuck' forward. An idle animation to the head would be cool.

:grin: thanks a lot for the answers!

Edit: Also, suggestion for the team! Please make sensitivity options for seperate melee and ranged modes :smile:.

K.A. said:
Hi and happy new year Lust.
Can we expect something for our hands within next 2 months ?
Really can't talk about dates at all. I want to say that's looking at least a little early though, to be honest.

BliN1204 said:
Hello Guys.Hey Lust did you Guys drop the Coop or are you still working on it  :wink:
The answer to this is still the same as the one Armagan gave in the RPS interview and the one he and I gave in the GameStar interview. Won't hunt for links right now though... sorry!

578 said:
Thanks for the answers Lust! When I said Battanians, I meant Sturgians, but my brain shut off for some reason.
Oh... I probably could have realised that if I'd engaged my brain! In that case... sort of, yes but also 200 (ish) years prior.

578 said:
1) The hair seems static as unnatural, I did not really expect it to have physics from the start, it seemed a bit off!

2) The walking animation seems a bit robotic and the body of the characters when running seems fine but the head is 'stuck' forward. An idle animation to the head would be cool.

Edit: Also, suggestion for the team! Please make sensitivity options for seperate melee and ranged modes :smile:.
Thanks for the feedback (and welcome back to the forums...)

Late happy new years, and a merry christmas Lust  :lol:

Is stamina for players and AI going to implemented ?

Is there any possibility to add a charge feature for troops where they would charge (running and hauling towards the enemy, not just plain running as for example, in warband) on command for period of time?

Welcome back Lust!

A question about Tactical Single Player AI: can you give an estimate of how it has improved from WB? Will they just blindly charge as they do now, or will they try some slightly more elaborate manouver?

Is there any particular reason for you to not release any blogs? Or is this how Taleworlds planned its road map. With not too frequent devblogs.
Also in the Turkish forum some guy is spreading some news as for Bannerlord to not get finished is a key person who works with the engine. Is such thing really happening? I suppose not.
Would you think that it looks promising for us to get the game in Q1 ?
Also wish everyone at Taleworlds a great new year from me.  :smile:

Edit : Looks like I missed the opportunity to ask him questions once again. FML

I'll reply to those that I can from the last questions and cut it off there (with an edit here). Thanks for getting involved and sorry I can't take more!

EDIT:

mr.master said:
Late happy new years, and a merry christmas Lust  :lol:

Is stamina for players and AI going to implemented ?
Hey WEe :smile:)

There is currently nothing like this in the game.

mr.master said:
Is there any possibility to add a charge feature for troops where they would charge (running and hauling towards the enemy, not just plain running as for example, in warband) on command for period of time?
I'm not sure if you're asking about the game or asking whether or not this would be possible to do via modding. Honestly, I can't really talk about it though!

Nikephoros said:
Welcome back Lust!

A question about Tactical Single Player AI: can you give an estimate of how it has improved from WB? Will they just blindly charge as they do now, or will they try some slightly more elaborate manouver?
Hey mate :smile:

Well... I think some of the behaviour we've shown has been slightly more elaborate already. In any case, if that's not enough for you :fruity:, I can certainly say that there are more impressive aspects of tactical AI that haven't yet been shown. To reiterate some of the key points mentioned, we've already said that this behaviour will depend on army sizes and compositions, so different tactics will be selected for different situations. In addition, at the PC Gamer Weekender, we showed a Lord actively placing his troops on high ground, to use as a strong defensive position. There's more to it than that but really I don't want to give too much away!

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Is there any particular reason for you to not release any blogs? Or is this how Taleworlds planned its road map. With not too frequent devblogs.
I've offered some explanation for this already. What is important to keep in mind is that frequency of blogs does not necessarily correlate to rate of development progress!

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Also in the Turkish forum some guy is spreading some news as for Bannerlord to not get finished is a key person who works with the engine. Is such thing really happening? I suppose not.
I think you should know better than to believe rumours and gossip! Our previous lead engine programmer did move to another company some time ago. About a year... I think? But that's not the kind of thing that would stop a game from getting finished. While he is a brilliant computer engineer and a lovely bloke, we have a fantastic team of engine programmers and I think they're working very well.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
I don't really want to get into questions like this. We almost always avoid speculating on release dates for very good reasons (in my opinion) and I've already given something like an answer to a very similar question.

Cheers all! :party:

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Also wish everyone at Taleworlds a great new year from me.  :smile:

Edit : Looks like I missed the opportunity to ask him questions once again. FML

Q: Hi and happy new year Lust.
Can we expect something for our hands within next 2 months ?

A: Really can't talk about dates at all. I want to say that's looking at least a little early though, to be honest.

So no Q1. I just lost my hype XD...

All you smarties thinking he answered 2 of my 3 questions .
Q1 is first 3 months of a year.not 2.
When asking why no blogs I also ask is this how its always gonna be from now on.Is this how the road map for Taleworlds now.

Not really answered when I go back and read the other replies

TheGreatGold said:
Will bannerlord be 64 or 32 bit?
64. Has been mentioned before alot

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Q1 is first 4 months of a year.not 2.
When asking why no blogs I also ask is this how its always gonna be from now on.Is this how the road map for Taleworlds now.

TheGreatGold said:

LOL no. Q means quarter. A quarter of 12 months is 3 months. So Q1 is Jan. Feb. Mar.

3THO said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

TheGreatGold said:

LOL no. Q means quarter. A quarter of 12 months is 3 months. So Q1 is Jan. Feb. Mar.
ya 3 . still not 2 :razz:

Captain, sorry to ask this but, in what stage of developing is the game right now??
Last year, at Q2,  on some videos,  they said they re working for a 2017 release (well.. some point of it), and also deliver "in some form" (demo or whatever) the game after 2016 finishes.

What change that?  I read some of your replys here and almost seems like the game is still on EARLY dev phase. 

You said also there is no external betatesters yet.  But is there some kind of BT from the devs? (i mean days ago SteamDB marks a 39 player ingame)

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english

Ki-Ok Khan said:
3THO said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

TheGreatGold said:

ya 3 . still not 2 :razz:

OK smartiepants we are both wrong :razz:

Hello,
I would like to have a clarification for a rather technical issue.
So, we can upgrade our villages to have castles, but I'm curious about one fact though. When the castle gets built, does it replace the village scene with a castle, or will a castle-like structure be added in the scene along with the village?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom