Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am excited for/what I want to see in Bannerlord when it releases on the 18th of this month:

• Mortal lords: Lords can die in combat and will be replaced by those next in line to their holdings/troops etc...
  • Impactful cavalry: Horses hit harder and ragdoll *****s to the ground. Also in the other way - spears hit horses more realistically.
  • Bigger troop trees.
  • More challenges in the campaign (I don't mean being one-shot killed by an arrow to the knee (though that would ****ing hurt)).
  • A neater map with less sudden change on biomes/environments.

No salt please.

Tbh I'm just becoming increasingly excited to see what III is gonna look like, especially considering the fact they need to make everyone forget II was vaporware. I'm predicting VR as a central feature in the official announcement in the next couple weeks.

Kagos said:
Tbh I'm just becoming increasingly excited to see what III is gonna look like, especially considering the fact they need to make everyone forget II was vaporware. I'm predicting VR as a central feature in the official announcement in the next couple weeks.

Did not your thread get enough **** posting and you came to ruin this thread too?

It's not really a bad thing. The hype has managed to keep Warband on life support for six more years and three (soon to be four?) paid mods. It's an unusual choice but perfectly acceptable nonetheless. At least TaleWorlds doesn't promise things they plan to deliver and can't like Molyneux or something.

Hi all! (hi WEe :smile:)

I'm just back from a small Christmas holiday. Normally I keep a keen eye on this thread anyway but I did take a bit of a break this time, after a rather intense period working on the Invasion update and a few difficulties surrounding its release. Just needed a bit of a rest!

Catching up on the thread, the first thing I'd like to say is that my name is mentioned far too much! :p I'm not the story here really.

Essentially, we're just really focused on making progress with the game right now. There are some things that we're ready to start showing and talking about - having been spread rather thin while working on the update, it has been the case that I haven't really had time to work on a new blog but that's something I'm looking to turn my attention back to now. The game is coming along and we're particularly focused on combat right now, working towards putting together something that we can start using for external testing (in whichever form that takes).

I certainly understand the hunger for news and hopefully it won't be too long before we put out a fresh chunk of Bannerlord information.

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on this thread for the next hour or so and clarify some outstanding questions about information we've put out in the past, if anyone's interested!

Happy New Year all!

Captain Lust said:

I'm just back from a small Christmas holiday. Normally I keep a keen eye on this thread anyway but I did take a bit of a break this time, after a rather intense period working on the Invasion update and a few difficulties surrounding its release. Just needed a bit of a rest!

Catching up on the thread, the first thing I'd like to say is that my name is mentioned far too much! :p I'm not the story here really.

Essentially, we're just really focused on making progress with the game right now. There are some things that we're ready to start showing and talking about - having been spread rather thin while working on the update, it has been the case that I haven't really had time to work on a new blog but that's something I'm looking to turn my attention back to now. The game is coming along and we're particularly focused on combat right now, working towards putting together something that we can start using for external testing (in whichever form that takes).

I certainly understand the hunger for news and hopefully it won't be too long before we put out a fresh chunk of Bannerlord information.

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on this thread for the next hour or so and clarify some outstanding questions about information we've put out in the past, if anyone's interested!

Happy New Year all!

I would like to ask about characters aging system. You've mentioned this feature in one of the previous blogs, promissing to speak about it in the future. I wonder if anything changed in this matter? I mean, you're still sure this will be in-game feature?

Captain Lust said:

Happy New Year all!
Actually there is ongoing a closed beta testing or not?? I think this is a main question inside here.

Captain Lust said:

Happy New Year all!

Questions based on what we saw from me, thanks for doing this Lust.

1) Are the hair textures going to be improved? The battanian defense siege showcases the character hair and it looks extremely static

2) Are the animations of walking and running final?

3) We see shoulder clothing like a wolf's skin, scarf etc. Are these in multiplayer? I think they should, we need more ways to look unique imo in multiplayer.

4) Will there be shield bashing animations or warcries? They are very popular in mods. By shield bashing I do not mean to knockdown an enemy, but hitting your weapon to your shield for adrenaline/taunting reasons.

5) If I craft a sword and I kill many Lords with it, does its value increase since the fame of the wielder and the sword itself are increased? Would be cool to be able to sell that has slain many lords and has increased value.

6) Battanians = Vaegir, nord invasion?

Captain Lust said:

Happy New Year all!

Happy New Year Captain Lust.  :party:

It hasn't really been put out in the past, but could you perhaps give an estimate on how many players can play in multiplayer in Bannerlord? It doesn't have to be an exact answer, but can it be more than in Warband, say more than 200 players?

Also, will Taleworlds be attending the PC Gamer Weekender in February?

SenorZorros said:
May I presume that this focus has to do with polishing the combat to make it presentable for a beta and/or something like balance testing?
You certainly may! (and would be right to do so :smile:)

Alreth said:
Captain Lust said:

Happy New Year all!

I would like to ask about characters aging system. You've mentioned this feature in one of the previous blogs, promissing to speak about it in the future. I wonder if anything changed in this matter? I mean, you're still sure this will be in-game feature?
Allez said:
Any possible explanation on mortality and how it may work?
These are somewhat related, so I'll answer them together.

Unfortunately it's not the right time (or really the right platform) to talk about unrevealed aspects of these features. Nothing is a guarantee and although we try to avoid it, everything has the potential to be changed entirely or dropped altogether; such is the nature of game development. However, we have made every effort to ensure that features we mention are either fully/partially implemented or planned with a very high degree of certainty (which isn't a response to the actions of or reactions to actions of any other company - it has always been our approach!). We don't just mention things without consideration and permanent character death is still something you can expect to see in the game. That hasn't changed.

It's simply the case that discussing finer details of the feature wouldn't be appropriate right now, to avoid giving information that could end up misleading, in relation to Bannerlord as a final product.

Jostino said:
Actually there is ongoing a closed beta testing or not?? I think this is a main question inside here.
No external testing (i.e. using players from outside of the company) of any kind has been carried out for Bannerlord in the past, nor is there any ongoing.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either misinformed or lying!

578 said:
1) Are the hair textures going to be improved? The battanian defense siege showcases the character hair and it looks extremely static
Being static isn't strictly related to the texture. If you're asking whether or not hair will have any physical properties in the future, I cannot and really ought not say right now. It's not something we haven't considered but it is taxing in terms of both development time required and performance. Nevertheless, feedback noted!

578 said:
2) Are the animations of walking and running final?
Nothing is necessarily final at this point. If you have some thoughts, feel free to share them!

578 said:
3) We see shoulder clothing like a wolf's skin, scarf etc. Are these in multiplayer? I think they should, we need more ways to look unique imo in multiplayer.
Currently multiplayer uses the same equipment slots as single player and we have no plans to change that. I hope that answers your question.

578 said:
4) Will there be shield bashing animations or warcries? They are very popular in mods. By shield bashing I do not mean to knockdown an enemy, but hitting your weapon to your shield for adrenaline/taunting reasons.
Can't talk about that I'm afraid.

578 said:
5) If I craft a sword and I kill many Lords with it, does its value increase since the fame of the wielder and the sword itself are increased? Would be cool to be able to sell that has slain many lords and has increased value.
Nope, can't answer this either.

578 said:
6) Battanians = Vaegir, nord invasion?
No :S. They don't really have an equivalent among Warband's factions. Culturally they're mainly inspired by british celtic cultures, specifically the picts. The key word is "inspired" though.

Pilum said:
It hasn't really been put out in the past, but could you perhaps give an estimate on how many players can play in multiplayer in Bannerlord? It doesn't have to be an exact answer, but can it be more than in Warband, say more than 200 players?
We certainly have high ambitions in this respect but obviously the problem with saying anything is that you can't predict the future, network requirements etc. could change and we haven't tested with numbers above the number of employees in the office. I'll just leave it at "high ambitions" for now. Sorry!

Pilum said:
Also, will Taleworlds be attending the PC Gamer Weekender in February?
We currently aren't planning to but that's a reflection of our current development goals and cycles, rather than our experience at the event last year! I'm actually a little gutted I don't get to go back this year; PC Gamer were great hosts to us personally, as well as giving us a really fantastic platform to show off the game and find us good audience of M&B players.

The timing just isn't quite right unfortunately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom