Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most mice have sensitivity options that can be controlled independant of the game being played.  I think that adding an automated sensitivity change for melee vs ranged would only be used by a small portion of people and would potential be confusing for a larger group.  Get a good mouse if you want to steady your sniper scope for your 360 degree headshots.

Slisky YOUR LORD said:
Most mice have sensitivity options that can be controlled independant of the game being played.  I think that adding an automated sensitivity change for melee vs ranged would only be used by a small portion of people and would potential be confusing for a larger group.  Get a good mouse if you want to steady your sniper scope for your 360 degree headshots.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Sensitivity options on mice are mostly by profiles, nobody wants to change profiles inbetween weapons. in Warband you aim your melee mouse by dragging and in ranged mode you have to actually be extremely precise due to the crosshair staying closed for a brief ammount of time for bows. On top of that, you have to calculate your aim to hit unarmored parts like feet or head depending on the height of the enemies' shield. Single player is not even worth mentioning since profs. make bows easy mode. Are you straight-up telling people are stupid and that 2 mouse sensitivites would confuse them?  :lol:

578 said:
Slisky YOUR LORD said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Sensitivity options on mice are mostly by profiles, nobody wants to change profiles inbetween weapons. in Warband you aim your melee mouse by dragging and in ranged mode you have to actually be extremely precise due to the crosshair staying closed for a brief ammount of time for bows. On top of that, you have to calculate your aim to hit unarmored parts like feet or head depending on the height of the enemies' shield. Single player is not even worth mentioning since profs. make bows easy mode. Are you straight-up telling people are stupid and that 2 mouse sensitivites would confuse them?  :lol:

Regular sensitivity and Ranged weapon sensitivity. It would be pretty self explanatory. I use my mouse way different when I am using melee compared to bows so I would love to be able to configure them seperately so I don't have to go into options each time I switch weapons. I like the idea

I too would support dual sensitivities. I wouldn't likely use them as I'm fine the way it is, but I've been in similar situations in other games. It also shouldn't be too hard to implement.  :smile:

578 said:
Slisky YOUR LORD said:

Or you know, get a mouse with a + and - to adjust sensitivity ingame just as easy  :party:
Besides, all the pros use low sensitivity on ranged and melee, are you telling me you aren't using that?  :iamamoron:

Golradir said:
578 said:
Slisky YOUR LORD said:

Or you know, get a mouse with a + and - to adjust sensitivity ingame just as easy  :party:
Besides, all the pros use low sensitivity on ranged and melee, are you telling me you aren't using that?  :iamamoron:

Ι use low sens in general but Id prefer to use mid sens in melee. Plus and minus buttons are a way to adjust but it does not feel organic and there are scenarios that you wont be able to use them due to time.

I asked this earlier, but haven't heard a reply:
Are there any solid rumors about the development language for BL?
Someone said on Reddit they were using C#.
I am trying to decide if it's worth investing time in that new language.
Even if they're using C#, what does that mean for the modding language?
Will we still be using MBScript?

"The new engine that we have is so much easier to work with for modders," says Taleworlds founder Armağan Yavuz. "We have things like the terrain editor, the scene editor, etc. Those are much improved. They will give greater tools for modders. Also, our scripting system is now using .NET, so players will be able to write in C#. It is going to be much easier for them to create mods."

http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-will-support-multiple-mods-at-once/

I doubt he'd say this if the scripting language will be significantly different from C#.
Edit: Actually I don't know enough about this to comment. Maybe it's entirely possible.

Golradir said:
578 said:
Slisky YOUR LORD said:

changing your mouse dpi settings is different from the sensitivity. If i use my mouse settings it feels like my cursor took up ice skating. I would like these options in game.

Lumos said:
gdwitt said:
Will we still be using MBScript?
You can safely assume that we won't be using the current language. Thankfully and fortunately.
C# is easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy if you've ever used a real programming language, even if it was Python. Don't worry about it.

Can't say if easy or not, but yeah, they said C++ is used for the core game, and people can look forward to C# for modding purposes (and there will be the editor of course :smile:)

Btw, can we look forward to new screenshots before the PC Gamer Weekender in March?

Hello dudes, I have spoken on the phone with the writer of Oyungezer magazine and he granted me full permission to post the scans of the November issue. The guy was super cool and friendly. It has an 10-11 page world exclusive on Bannerlord. The writing is obviously in Turkish and has been translated in here by the user 'Bloc' and on Reddit by some guy I dont remember. I thought there might be people who want to check out the pages themselves, it includes some new artwork and screenshots. I'm sorry for the quality, due to capital controls here i had to do some workarounds to buy it and eventually I only managed to buy the mobile version through an application or else I would not be able to surpass security controls.

Right click -> View image to see the images slightly bigger.

pg0t2HQ.jpg
zY1l4rP.jpg
ZR0E2SP.jpg
RuNDiXl.jpg
l6YNlgw.jpg
yeAZaKX.jpg
GPondLC.jpg
Tk4d8Cj.jpg
j8KEwb7.jpg
DeE5uKp.jpg
OJQRakY.jpg

Bloc's translation:

Page 38
A smooth breeze hitting on my face. Swinging of tree branches and leafs are hypnotizing me. But I need to focus, because my opponent is waiting for me at the edge, near the hut. I’m at the top of a ruined tower on one hand I’m over watching site which ends at underground dungeons. This battlefield is already filled with traps that cannot be overseen. A single step can let you fall and die. Again, I’m looking toward to my opponent. He is walking to me with cautious steps. His plate armor shining and blocking my vision in a way. A worn shield on my back, my sword which tied to my belt on my right side and my bow on my left side. By trusting my skills, I’m sending an arrow to my opponents feets. He is halting for a second. Then I’m shooting another arrow but this time arrow hits an rock and bounce. Then I realize that this is quite useless. You can’t win a fight without clashing your sword. I’m putting my bow to its place and taking my shield and sword on my hands. While my opponent taking a strong position on the ruined tower side I’m slowly moving down from the hill. When my feet hit the ground , I slowly drawing my sword. We are looking to each others for a moment and I realize that my opponent is actually a woman. It is clear from her body that she trained for fights like this but Im not able to catch all details from her armor. And then she starts to attack me ..  And here the first multiplayer battle of Mount&Blade Bannerlord begins like this.
Page 40
*Article about being a women in this sector
*Nothing new
Page 41
*Article about why it is good to have your own game engine.
They are talking about bigger better map, better graphics, faster gameplay and a solid game. He is telling that how Frank try to estimate new map’s size. Which is 4 times larger than Warband’s(Approximately). From reporters inference, we learn that they are taking date 300 years before from Warband because they want this game’s story much more stronger than Warband. Then he is talking about world map, rivers etc and he is saying that “and now in Bannerlord seasons will affect strategies. Winter will come from the North. And the castles in the strategy map are already made with textures for showing such differences.
Then we are asking will viewing distance reduce at rainy weathers? Will there be a fog in the map at certain times? After listening my questions Frank Elliot says “We are still discussing the effects of seasons“ 
Page 42
He is talking about how managing your lands can be profitable. Like you have a land at the edge of the your faction’s border. A border which shared with enemy. Therefore you can built a castle for protecting your land etc. You can train your own units. Armağan Yavuz talks about improved AI. Trading System and all that stuff. Which always calculates pros and cons. He says that “In a sandbox game which has no end. Only thing which keep players alive is AI’s different moves and challenges” As an example, in prisoner release AI first calculates It’s profit then it calculates enemies pros which will effect him negatively in the future.
Page 43
And now we will not be the only ones who think twice before attacking an faction. AI will do the same. And same thing applies for bandits which attacks you just by considering your man-power.
Then he talks about crafting system and negative-positive side effects which can be come with crafting your own weapon.
Armağan Yavuz says that “ From now on , AI will have its companions too. Player will not that much unique in Bannerlord.”
Informations about voice acting. There will be a 60 companion each has their own accents from different cultures and own voices.Beside the companions , we will hear the voices of NPC’s which lead the story of the game. He is then talking about the dialog system which we already seen in Gamescom. On the other hand , voice acting could be a little bit under the expectations , voice designler Uğurcan Orçun says that “There is too many possibility. Too many lords, to many dialogs. Giving all of them a voice is not possible”
Page 44
He is talking about 12 different board games. He also adds that all these boards game have similar examples in the real world history. He is also talks about much more “alive” cities. People who do his job, wanderers which sing at the taverns etc. And he states that Bannerlord team trys to make all cities different as possible. Berat Ceren Üstündağ is a programmer which mostly covers how both AI and player will live in the cities. Therefore he asks to him that and Berat Üstündağ answers “Rather than pre-programmed moves , Bannerlord’s NPC’s have their general behaviours. Therefore every time when you enter a city you will see a different action performed by AI” and he adds “We want you to feel like living that scene therefore we are working for this”
Page 45-46
When I first open the game, a soldier which holds a waving banner in his hand welcomes me. Then I click to Multiplayer and I see a two sectioned news feed board but at that point Franks holds me and says “This page can be changed.” Then he also adds that “We are also planning to make this board which will decorated with Patch notes , tournament announcements, eSport matches etc but these are not fixed so they might be change in the future.” Then he talks about character screen which we already seen in Gamescom. Then he says that you can climb top of the objects in the game or you can tackle and fall. He says that the gameplay is quite the same. Then he talks about motion capture and he adds “In Bannerlord, animations are much more realistic therefore their ending-startings are longer than Warband’s animations. So good Warband players might need to balance their time for Bannerlord.”
Page 48
About release date, they are saying “When Armağan Yavuz feels fine with game, we will release the Bannerlord” because there are still some unbalanced things in the game like siege weapons and some missing parts like which culture do your buildings will be in when you built something in a city etc. So Ali Erkin says that “It will be out when Its ready”. But they are feeling positive about the end of the 2016 as a release date. And when he was about the leave they mentioned about another problem they should fix too. They still haven’t decide that should lord’s kids continue to the adventure after lords die or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom