Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumos said:
During my mother's pregnancy, there was an attempt on my father's life. The assailant had fired a gas grenade in my parents' bedroom whilst they were sleeping; and though they were evacuated quickly, the antidote for this poisonous gas caused irreversible defects in the fetus, i.e. me. After some very burdensome months, I was born with... well, a few defects, to put it bluntly. I am about one meter fifty tall, and my back is quite hunched. My head is a bit bigger than it should be, and, to be honest, the complete effect is just a little bit grotesque. As an added "bonus", my bones break extremely easily, so I have to be very careful with my movements and actions. People often mock me and no prestigious high school wanted me when I was due to enter one. I am also in love with the daughter of one of my father's men, but she doesn't see me as a potential partner.

On the other side though (I can't let myself surrender to the consequences now, can I), I am extremely intelligent. I don't know if it was the antidote for that gas that caused it, but hell, I'm smarter than everyone else my age I know. And it's certainly a good thing to be smart. :wink:

Looking down on these lines after writing them, make sure you're happy with your life for what you've got, guys and girls. It can always get worse.
If you've wondered why I've never posted in the "say cheese" thread...

What a great story. i bet someone can write a epic sifi series with this.  :smile:

Lumos said:
During my mother's pregnancy, there was an attempt on my father's life. The assailant had fired a gas grenade in my parents' bedroom whilst they were sleeping; and though they were evacuated quickly, the antidote for this poisonous gas caused irreversible defects in the fetus, i.e. me. After some very burdensome months, I was born with... well, a few defects, to put it bluntly. I am about one meter fifty tall, and my back is quite hunched. My head is a bit bigger than it should be, and, to be honest, the complete effect is just a little bit grotesque. As an added "bonus", my bones break extremely easily, so I have to be very careful with my movements and actions. People often mock me and no prestigious high school wanted me when I was due to enter one. I am also in love with the daughter of one of my father's men, but she doesn't see me as a potential partner.

On the other side though (I can't let myself surrender to the consequences now, can I), I am extremely intelligent. I don't know if it was the antidote for that gas that caused it, but hell, I'm smarter than everyone else my age I know. And it's certainly a good thing to be smart. :wink:

Looking down on these lines after writing them, make sure you're happy with your life for what you've got, guys and girls. It can always get worse.
Wait, you're pulling our legs, right?

Rallix said:
Lumos said:

Say more and he will be. At LumoCorp with hot pliers :razz:

Oh wait, I've forgotten to put quotes around the extract from Miles Vorkosigan's memoirs.
"During my mother's pregnancy, there was an attempt on my father's life. The assailant had fired a gas grenade in my parents' bedroom whilst they were sleeping; and though they were evacuated quickly, the antidote for this poisonous gas caused irreversible defects in the fetus, i.e. me. After some very burdensome months, I was born with... well, a few defects, to put it bluntly. I am about one meter fifty tall, and my back is quite hunched. My head is a bit bigger than it should be, and, to be honest, the complete effect is just a little bit grotesque. As an added "bonus", my bones break extremely easily, so I have to be very careful with my movements and actions. People often mock me and no prestigious high school wanted me when I was due to enter one. I am also in love with the daughter of one of my father's men, but she doesn't see me as a potential partner.

On the other side though (I can't let myself surrender to the consequences now, can I), I am extremely intelligent. I don't know if it was the antidote for that gas that caused it, but hell, I'm smarter than everyone else my age I know. And it's certainly a good thing to be smart. :wink:"

-- "The Memoirs of Miles Vorkosigan", Lois McMaster Bujold [unpublished]
I'm sorry if it looked like I meant it for myself, I just omitted the quotes. My bad. :lol:

Lumos said:
Like it is for Miles. Or "was", I should say. He seems to fare quite well.
Lumos said:
... it's because I don't like being photographed. I don't have a rational explanation why, I just don't like it. And I don't look anything special anyways, so who cares.

Do not look here said:
Rallix said:
Say more and he will be. At LumoCorp with hot pliers :razz:
We would never use such a primitive, uncivilised method on anybody. Well, "never" is a bit too strong a word, but it gets the point across.

Madhal said:
What a great story. i bet someone can write a epic scifi series with this.  :smile:
:grin:

EDIT: On-topic: A developer named gkx was spotted lurking around the thread. TaleWorlds are collecting infromation about the mental conditions of their test subjects.

God damn it Lumos! I knew that story sounded familiar from somewhere. I assumed it was true just because you were from eastern Europe.  :???:

But for that, I have to open the thread.

if its in the title, I can see it without actually opening the thread. Besides, we get new info only like a few times every year, so its not like it would be hard to edit it

Well this is quite busy with dev's

Lookie_lookie.png

They're just paranoid of us getting our hands onto some of their secret material. Maybe they've been seeing odd folk peering into their windows or something.

Wonder how many people were sent to Turkish prisons alongside me...
Worst thing is, at least I had trusted men to get me out. But what of the poor mercenaries doing industrial espionage? Nobody will vouch for them! Be human, don't do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom