Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaga said:
Adorno said:
rariisan said:
Yaga said:
Captain Lust, appearance trees would be changed?
Can you climb a tree?
Is it possible to sit or lie on the ground?
Is it possible to just give up and want to die?
Is it possible to dig your own grave?

http://ask.fm/captainoflust
I didn't write this question.

HRvcr.jpg

What? Another warband DLC? This can't be happening... is that a joke?

Taleworlds, I understand your resources are not abundant, but haven't you dried all the money you could got with warband already? PS3 version, PS4 version, smartphone version, OS version, selling of engine for other games, WFS, VK, NW...

Captain Lust said:
Hi all! (hi WEe :smile:)

I'm just back from a small Christmas holiday. Normally I keep a keen eye on this thread anyway but I did take a bit of a break this time, after a rather intense period working on the Invasion update and a few difficulties surrounding its release. Just needed a bit of a rest!

Catching up on the thread, the first thing I'd like to say is that my name is mentioned far too much! :p I'm not the story here really.

Essentially, we're just really focused on making progress with the game right now. There are some things that we're ready to start showing and talking about - having been spread rather thin while working on the update, it has been the case that I haven't really had time to work on a new blog but that's something I'm looking to turn my attention back to now. The game is coming along and we're particularly focused on combat right now, working towards putting together something that we can start using for external testing (in whichever form that takes).

I certainly understand the hunger for news and hopefully it won't be too long before we put out a fresh chunk of Bannerlord information.

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on this thread for the next hour or so and clarify some outstanding questions about information we've put out in the past, if anyone's interested!

Happy New Year all!

"..an intense period working on the invasion update.." "..spread rather thin while working on the update" Seriously? xD

joei160. said:

Taleworlds, I understand your resources are not abundant, but haven't you dried all the money you could got with warband already? PS3 version, PS4 version, smartphone version, OS version, selling of engine for other games, WFS, VK, NW...

I think they wanted just to test if invasion in a way it is now in Warband would be good multiplayer mode for Bannerlord. And I think they need to develop it little further. For example I think every time my "friendly troops" are always in my way in invasion. I used to put them up to mountain as an archers and then play without them.

joei160. said:

1) its not made by TW
2) its for the Chinese market (which as you know is very tiny)

are you complaining about what exactly? The Chinese are about to get a nice localized DLC, made by a game studio there, with lore/visuals that related to their own culture. You don't need to buy it. You already have plenty of  made in Russia modules :XD. You should start a campaign to create a proletarian friendly DLC.

kalarhan said:
joei160. said:

1) its not made by TW

are you complaining about what exactly? The Chinese are about to get a nice localized DLC, made by a game studio there, with lore/visuals that related to their own culture. You don't need to buy it. You already have plenty of  made in Russia modules :XD. You should start a campaign to create a proletarian friendly DLC.

:cry: :oops: :facepalm:

joei160. said:

Hence sequel announcements. Patch and DLC Warband every so often, announce a a new project, rinse and repeat. You only gotta make one game, provide a place for mods, and contract the paid expansions. Tbh I'm ridiculously impressed with the model. Simple, elegant, functional, and yet still somehow unique.

I think is not necessary start a complain about this new DLC
if it's real  :shifty:
kalarhan said:
joei160. said:

1) its not made by TW

+1

Captain Lust said:
Looter said:
Happy new year and basic question regarding game settings: is the ability to turn off permanent character death available. And seperately is the "player takes 1/2 or 1/4th damage" settings in warband still present?
1) Shouldn't talk about it really but currently no.

2) Currently yes.

I definitely need the ability to turn player character permadeath off tbh, it's kinda a hardcore feature and I understand why some people would want it, but it's not for me. I don't play MnB to simulate real life.

iStealth2387 said:
I definitely need the ability to turn player character permadeath off tbh

we don't have any details on how this would work. Maybe he was talking about npc lords (killeable lords). Maybe the game will have a campaign lasting for 20-50 years and you need people to die from old age (including our character), and so on. So it is a little earlier to talk about changes on features we have no idea how they even work

but if you need something to make you feel better: this is the kind of thingy that modders will put on the first week as little mods, so just install it from Steam Workshop if you don't like some vanilla rule.

Mod: Immortal Hero 1.0

Ideally there would be another utility like TweakMB. I actually hope something like that is in the game from the get go. The ability to change all variables of the game to better suit ones play style would be great. With it you could simply turn off permadeath. Or go into the .ini and turn a 1 into a 0 somewhere.

kalarhan said:
iStealth2387 said:

we don't have any details on how this would work. Maybe he was talking about npc lords (killeable lords). Maybe the game will have a campaign lasting for 20-50 years and you need people to die from old age (including our character), and so on. So it is a little earlier to talk about changes on features we have no idea how they even work

but if you need something to make you feel better: this is the kind of thingy that modders will put on the first week as little mods, so just install it from Steam Workshop if you don't like some vanilla rule.

You're probably right, but given the lack of specific details on the features of the campaign, I just hope they don't build the game around permadeath. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy challenging games, but I find realism to be more tedious than fun.

iStealth2387 said:
kalarhan said:
iStealth2387 said:

You're probably right, but given the lack of specific details on the features of the campaign, I just hope they don't build the game around permadeath. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy challenging games, but I find realism to be more tedious than fun.

CK2 is built around character permadeath and in my opinion it makes the game the opposite of tedious with the emergent story-telling it creates, just for example:
My badass viking warlord rose from a petty Thanedom in the poor and infertile Scandinavia to almost king of Britain in his lifetime, for years he raided the northern coast of Europe until he could amass enough wealth to prepare an invasion in Britain, once the petty kings of Britain where distracted with their infighting my character rose a horde of reavers and invaded northumbria securing a foothold in the isles, in the following years kingdom after kingdom fell beneath his unstoppable and ever growing army, by now the game was basically in easy mode since i had already defeated the combined armies of all catholic kings of Britain and Ireland and was just a matter of time before i could claim all of it, during a battle with the remainings of Wessex's army who was their last hope of resistance, my character engaged in a duel with Wessex's King and against all odds was slain by the bastard, his infant son assumed the throne and my large, stable and almighty kingdom fell to infighting as powerful nobles who hated my heir tried to get every piece of the cake they could, when my new character came of age his father's kingdom was a shadow of it former-self while the remaining christian kings of the isles used the time to restore their lost strength and where looking to reclaim more of their lost lands and then the game became interesting again as my character now had made his life mission to get revenge on the family of his father's murderer and fulfill his father's dream of a British Empire.

They will normally deny it but I think the lose of lead engine programmer definietly delayed the game's release. He was working in Taleworlds for 8 years and was highly experienced&talented.  I hope they can pull it off. I'm saying that because I used to have small chitchat with a few devs may be 2 years or more ago and even back in that time my personal impression was that the game was slowly getting into the final stages. 2+ years is just unbelievably long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom