Poll

Hit the vote button if you liked an idea!

I liked one of your ideas +1
I liked 2 of your ideas +2
I liked 3 of your ideas +3
I liked 4 of your ideas +4
I liked 5 of your ideas +5
I forgot how to count, and don't know what comes after 5. Great ideas though.

Author Topic: Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List  (Read 134476 times)

Rodrigo Ribaldo

• Duke
  • See you in August 20xx
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWB
Re: Emperor Williams MASSIVE LIST OF SUGGESTIONS
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 06:49:16 AM »
I'm not sure why do you think "defend your parents and your village" is better than "rescue the merchant's brother and fight a bit in the streets". The problem with introducing parents and then killing them, is that you limit the RP possible with the character creation menus. Not all players imagine themselves to start as noob orphans, or that their parents and birthplace are of a Calradian kingdom - they may have arrived from off-map countries, as noob fugitives or noob mercenaries.
I think the game designers were not lazy not to make a story, but wanted sandbox gameplay that you can also fill with your own stories.
Let’s be honest for a second. Warband had little to no tutorial,
That's funny, check the fighting tutorial in the main menu - you might have missed that. If you are writing suggestions, learn the game thoroughly.
White Sand Pharaohs
Is that a sports team? Because no self-respecting Pharaoh will name his country like that. :)
There are a couple of off-map locations that are already present in Calradian lore and mentioned in companion dialogs. See those, rather than inventing sterotypical factions. For example, do a forum search on "Geroia" and see what the fans came up with.

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
  • Burn the Heretics and Purge the Unclean.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 06:56:36 AM »
I'm having fun making suggestions, Do I think all of these suggestions are the best possible courses for the game? Nope, they are just suggestions, as the name word would suggest. puns.

Clearly you are the great Calradian Scribe who knoweth all of it's history, so I beg your pardon if my humble suggestions dont have all possible context behind them, or if I think that maybe the history of a fictional place can't be changed to whatever the devs damn well please.

Rodrigo Ribaldo

• Duke
  • See you in August 20xx
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 07:55:33 AM »
Here's how to have proper fun with suggestions:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76713.0.html
:)

Ah, tactics. That makes sense.
For the cavalry wedge (and other formations) see this excellent formation kit: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34685.msg5888023.html#msg5888023

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 08:04:33 AM »
Good lord mod central.

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 09:40:53 AM »
well ill be back tomorrow or wednesday to add more ideas to the pile.

Jaane!

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 08:53:09 AM »
Does anyone read these? Obviously I am posting this to help the devs with ideas, but is there any guarantee they will read them? I know it isn't an American company...

Rodrigo Ribaldo

• Duke
  • See you in August 20xx
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »
Does anyone read these? Obviously I am posting this to help the devs with ideas, but is there any guarantee they will read them?
Did they ask for help?
How do you know your suggestions are good enough to be read by the devs?

I know it isn't an American company...
That's why Americans are universally well-liked.

Here's the official unofficial thread for posting Mount and Blade 2 suggestions:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195023.0.html

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 09:30:59 AM »
Does anyone read these? Obviously I am posting this to help the devs with ideas, but is there any guarantee they will read them?
Did they ask for help?

Here's the official unofficial thread for posting Mount and Blade 2 suggestions:

You have a rather odd way of twisting my words. Though I shouldn't get defensive about it.

What is the difference between the unofficial threads and the regular ones par say?

Rodrigo Ribaldo

• Duke
  • See you in August 20xx
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »
Did they ask for help?

You have a rather odd way of twisting my words. Though I shouldn't get defensive about it.

What is the difference between the unofficial threads and the regular ones par say?
The thread I listed is read by the TW Community Guy and one of the developers. That's the most attention any suggestions will get. Posting a random suggestion thread doesn't guarantee you any readership, let alone from the devs, so you might want to change your expectations.

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: MASSIVE LIST OF SUGGESTIONS by Emperor William
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:10 AM »
This is true, what I meant earlier was that the company devs might only read their European forums or focus more on them.

I wasn't trying to imply I deserved views from anyone, but rather that I was wondering if anyone actually checked them. I know a lot of indie companies rely heavily on customer feedback and community interaction to help make their games better.

While I may have an inferior talent for design as previously suggested, I shall press on in the hopes I do come up with something good.

Gambino

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Oliver_Khan
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
pretty nice suggestions over there, but one of them i have a better idea than it but i forgot, let me check
EDIT: AHA,

keep riding skill, BUT allow player to ride any horse, but make a chance to fall from horse when you get damage, or horse gets out of control when it gets damage, a small chance. higher riding skill = less chance..

and those extra troops, they should only be given to lords of the kingdom, they shouldnt be upgraded from te recruits, just to give lords a bit more taste.

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »
keep riding skill, BUT allow player to ride any horse, but make a chance to fall from horse when you get damage, or horse gets out of control when it gets damage, a small chance. higher riding skill = less chance..
That's an interesting idea. I always wondered why getting hit with say a crossbow bolt never knocked you off your horse.

and those extra troops, they should only be given to lords of the kingdom, they shouldnt be upgraded from te recruits, just to give lords a bit more taste.

You mean like in with Fire and Sword? or do you mean the new units I suggested?

Cuss the no recruiting unless your a lord thing and no upgrading to max level thing, really really annoyed me. Mostly because I didn't want to join a nation I wanted to play the powerful warlord.

The only thing I could suggest was splitting the units between mercenary and national units, that way players can still enjoy armies like from warband, but also have different types of units from Lords and Ladies maybe even with lesser stats.

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 11:38:51 PM »
Added The Arena and updated random suggestions.

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 02:34:04 AM »
added the court

WilltheGamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 03:04:42 AM »
added elephants