VÍGVELLIR – make and show your own maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Very well, its a bit confusing with this double setup, but just considering that since the release of the last DLC patch the WSE is incompatible again just after it was patched, we can be lucky that we can play at all and some wonkiness like this is a small price^^

Well this is what I got:
5HJAh.jpg

mueHg.jpg

8kIC1.jpg

For me it doesn't feel right though, can anyone suggest what I should do with the edges of the map and the trees?

Dansk viking said:
I like it  :smile: For one, I'd smooth the edges. A warning though - this map might lead to some wet battles... ehm.. Where did you mean to place the spawn-points?
Just at either end of the path across the water for each side, I may make them behind cover somewhat though. Do you have any suggestions however?

I looks good but I doesn't feel like that kind of place could have been formed naturally. It just feels a bit too made. And it would be cool to have more variety so every match would follow the same pattern. These are just my feelings I've no idea how to make any proper maps...

sotijalo said:
I looks good but I doesn't feel like that kind of place could have been formed naturally. It just feels a bit too made. And it would be cool to have more variety so every match would follow the same pattern. These are just my feelings I've no idea how to make any proper maps...
That's a good point, I might edit it a bit to make it seem more natural. As for the variety, do you mean different routes to take or what?

BapKing said:
sotijalo said:
That's a good point, I might edit it a bit to make it seem more natural. As for the variety, do you mean different routes to take or what?

Ya exactly with the routes. There could be some easier routes over water with logs or such.

TAKE HEED

If map making isn't working out for you, but you still have a good idea, don't hesitate to share it and maybe someone else could make it!

Éadríc said:
TAKE HEED

If map making isn't working out for you, but you still have a good idea, don't hesitate to share it and maybe someone else could make it!

Like my frikkin' epic idea about drunken brawls! Now I've pressure to invent more that epic things...

I have only an idea for a map, imagine a seabattle with 7 or 8 longships (maybe of different heights and lengths) - wich are tieed together with ropes (they drift in a bay or fjord(with epic looking shores in background) , planks laying from board to board an that gives for us all a fine battlefield, with different challenges. With space for archer and thrower and all kinds of infantry.

Ingbrand said:
I have only an idea for a map, imagine a seabattle with 7 or 8 longships (maybe of different heights and lengths) - wich are tieed together with ropes (they drift in a bay or fjord(with epic looking shores in background) , planks laying from board to board an that gives for us all a fine battlefield, with different challenges. With space for archer and thrower and all kinds of infantry.

We already have many ships tied together map, though they are static in the sea and it wasn't played for soooo long, maybe its even deleted

How do you change the time of day of a map? I can't find anything in the edit mode itself, so I imagine I need to create a map from the Native campaign mode?

Unfortunately the editor doesn't allow to change the time consistently, you can at best get a preview by changing the weather sliders (although the format of the edit-mode window makes it impossible to reach these options on some screens, for example on mine those options are below my lower screen edge and I can't move the window up far enough to reach them :grin: ). These weather settings are not saved though, so once you reload the map they are back to normal.

If we implement the map though, we can set the weather and time with the module system to keep the settings as you wish. I would offer though that if you want to get a proper preview you could just tell me which map you used as a working basis and which of the 0.95 maps has a weather and time that you would find best for your map. I could then send you a few txt files with the proper settings so that you could use them in your mapping module to see the map as it would look implemented.

Thanks, Möck! If the map idea I have in mind comes to anything, I'll get back to you about those text files.

But first I have to figure the thing out, so don't get your hopes up (that goes for you too, Eadric :razz:)

I've practically finished my map (although unnamed) and would appreciate others thoughts on how it looks and whether or not it would be enjoyable etc. I'd like to thank Fintan for assisting me with making the landscape more logical and for sharing his extensive knowledge of rivers :razz:.

Here are a few screenshots:

MW2Ty.jpg

Z580z.jpg

Yi6Xd.jpg

tHG4D.jpg

Thank you.

SeGierdweg.png
Éalá everyone! This is my first time map making, I'm sure it's probably not that good, or that suited to a Víkingr environment, however, I would like to see if this is any good and I would also greatly appreciate any suggestions, comments or criticisms of the map! If you could think of any way in which I could improve it then I would be really thankful to you! The theme of the map is simply a road in the English countryside. There are a few features, like a church - which is there for show, and is out of the map edge - and a little house on the track. Perhaps this could be an area of fighting. Hopefully the map is capable of various options for fighting, either side of or on the road for example. Anyway, here it is.

Definitely not finished, it still needs a lot of work before it is. But if anyone can give me a poke in the right direction that'd be appreciated! Thanks!

Hey guys, I need help setting the entry points for my map. I set the first one to 0 and put it at the first factions spawn and the second one to 32 and put that at the other factions spawn, just as in the guide. But for some reason, entry point: 0 doesnt work. When I spawn, its a completely random place and I dont know what im doing wrong, please help!

Back
Top Bottom