Author Topic: VÍGVELLIR – make and show your own maps  (Read 28354 times)

Moeckerkalfie

Re: VÍGVELLIR – make and show your own maps
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 06:31:32 PM »
The stone walls are a very nice idea indeed, it give the entire overview a sense of direction. If things continue at this pace we will have quite a few new maps to choose from in the next patch^^

HUtH

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Mściwoj ze Śluńska
  • M&BWB
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 10:15:55 PM »
"
beatiful map, reminds me of panoramas from KoH :P
Sorry for my bad english, I don't mind correcting, I'll appreciate this.

Unofficial Polish M&B website and forum: www.mountblade.info

Éadríc

• Knight at Arms
  • House: Fyrningas
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Éadríc
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »
Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it. I plan on making more such 'country maps'. Some of them bigger, to get a more spectacular view, though I will probably still place the spawn points of the opposing sides relatively close to each other.

hrotha

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Ungelic is us
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Hróðbeorht Fyrninga
  • WBNWWF&SVC
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 10:20:46 PM »
Not bad, Helias (although I can't judge on the historical accuracy of your child)! But I was thinking more of a single hall for an honest, open brawl without the possibility of barricading inside a particular room (which would none the less make for a good, if different, map idea).

Eyecatcher

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: oRP_Eyecatcher/ Helias
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
Not bad, Helias (although I can't judge on the historical accuracy of your child)! But I was thinking more of a single hall for an honest, open brawl without the possibility of barricading inside a particular room (which would none the less make for a good, if different, map idea).

Everyone spawns in the big hall. The other rooms are just for the teleport-doors. :D Maybe there will be 2 entraces to the other rooms to make camps more difficult.

BapKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Odhrán_Fer_Áraig
  • WBNW
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »
It appears I do not have a C:\Program Files\Vikingr\Modules folder, instead my Vikingr folder lies in the regular Warband Modules folder. I attempted to add a new module in there calle 'VikingrMapping', but when I launched the game through the shortcut on my desktop it did not appear in the module selection options ('..' and 'Vikingr' being all that there were). Upon running a quick search of my PC I did not come up with an alternative Vikingr folder and upon checking the path of the shortcut on my desktop, its location is in the Warband modules folder. I hope this is not me simply being silly, I'll check around a bit more however and should I find it I'll edit my post.
 I should also mention I have Warband on Steam and that my Warband directory is on my D drive, after searching it though, there also seems to be no luck.

Thank you for the nice guide which doesn't read like a wall of text though :D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:51:27 PM by BapKing »

Moeckerkalfie

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »
Did you copy and rename the mapping folder, or did you maybe just create a new one? The decisive thing is the module.ini that is inside the mod folder, if your mapping folder doesn't have one inside it will probably not be recognized as a mod that you can start.

BapKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 01:35:33 PM »
Did you copy and rename the mapping folder, or did you maybe just create a new one? The decisive thing is the module.ini that is inside the mod folder, if your mapping folder doesn't have one inside it will probably not be recognized as a mod that you can start.
Yep, I copied the entire contents of the original Vikingr folder and put them into a 'VikingrMapping' folder in which a module.ini is present. Thanks for your response.

Moeckerkalfie

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »
I suspect that your folder setup is then:
[...]\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Vikingr\Modules\Vikingr\

If it is like this, is the mapping folder you created in the Module folder that I marked red here, or in the blue one?

BapKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
I suspect that your folder setup is then:
[...]\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Vikingr\Modules\Vikingr\

If it is like this, is the mapping folder you created in the Module folder that I marked red here, or in the blue one?
Ahah, this may very well be my problem, I had my mapping folder in the red one, I'll try now with the blue.

EDIT: Yes this has worked, thank you very much for the help.

Moeckerkalfie

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »
Very well, its a bit confusing with this double setup, but just considering that since the release of the last DLC patch the WSE is incompatible again just after it was patched, we can be lucky that we can play at all and some wonkiness like this is a small price^^

BapKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
Well this is what I got:
(click to show/hide)

For me it doesn't feel right though, can anyone suggest what I should do with the edges of the map and the trees?

ᚦorkell

• Víkingr undertaker
    • Steam - EkErilaz
    • YouTube - UCSp2KSuo7nhLJ3OlyltZopw
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Þorkell / Torkel / Terkild
  • NWWBVC
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »
I like it  :) For one, I'd smooth the edges. A warning though - this map might lead to some wet battles... ehm.. Where did you mean to place the spawn-points?
Haui that Skanunga ærliki mææn, toco vithar oræt aldrigh æn Gesaga him éac wordum, þæt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

BapKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »
I like it  :) For one, I'd smooth the edges. A warning though - this map might lead to some wet battles... ehm.. Where did you mean to place the spawn-points?
Just at either end of the path across the water for each side, I may make them behind cover somewhat though. Do you have any suggestions however?

sotijalo

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Fintan Fer Araig
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 08:58:12 PM »
I looks good but I doesn't feel like that kind of place could have been formed naturally. It just feels a bit too made. And it would be cool to have more variety so every match would follow the same pattern. These are just my feelings I've no idea how to make any proper maps...
When the wound is cut deep
So shall the brave man weep

How are we supposed to keep
From falling to eternal sleep
The climb is so steep
It's only one tiny leap
From light to darkness deep