[Police Station] - Bug Reports & Changelog

Users who are viewing this thread

Kendoman said:
Here's an odd one I'm at war with France. To be exact Napoleons French Empire, because there is also a French kingdom at the moment.  It's around day 175 and I'm listed as being at war with Empire of France , but nobody seems to know we are at war.  Villiages can't be looted and Murat is offended that I want to fight him.  I double checked and under Quests, factions panel, United Kingdom is at war with Empire France.

Cheers

You at War with Royalist France, the deceased Kings brother is trying his own One Hundred Days. Look at Bordeux.

When I free the prisoners, I get prestige. And the Prestige number in the "progressions' menu in the Camp menu raises. Allright. BUT. When I check how much Prestige I still need to advance to the next Social Class, I still need 5 Prestige, just as before I set those prisoners free for Prestige!
It seems that only the Prestige you get for Village Improvements counts in advancing to the next social class; and I already have build everything I can in my only village, for 245 Prestige points. Freeing prisoners won't help me... :sad:

BTW:
Quintillius said:
- Cattle Heard quest: breasts instead of beasts.
LOL, reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyyGpQQU08o&t=26s
(Look at the comments! :mrgreen: )

It seems in hunting all you can use is your muskets, which can make it painfully slow against more than two targets. Can I suggest instead of being able to hunt with all your weapons?

Oh? I can hunt with my Pistol (more specifically, my (looted) Austrian Dragon pistol), and most of the time I kill the animals with one shot (or Deer, at least; haven't encountered Boars yet).
Have you tried Carbines yet?

Captured Joe said:
Oh? I can hunt with my Pistol (more specifically, my (looted) Austrian Dragon pistol), and most of the time I kill the animals with one shot (or Deer, at least; haven't encountered Boars yet).

Guns work fine no problem, it is weird though that your swords and other melee weapons bounce off of them.

Hunting nine deer and you miss once or twice, or shoot by accident and your hunting for longer than the few minutes you wanted to be doing it.

First of all, i would like to congratulate every one that had participation on the creation of this mod. It's simply my favorite mod on Mount & Blade. I am a big fan of strategy games, that give the feeling of being on a total war. I am really a big fan of Napoleon era of warfare, and always dreamed of fighting amongst cossacks. This mod is my only option, having such a terrible hardware. But, still, a dream coming true.

Second, i created this account only to be able to contribute with this comunity on some way. I am not an historical expert, but i, at the very least, could spot some bugs to help you improve even more this mod or give some suggestions.

Now, down to the business:

- Flintlock Pistol and Arquebus have 150 piercing damage. That seems to be... too high for such outdated weapons during that period, don't you think? But the price seems to be according.
- It's almost impossible to find timber. I search everywhere, it's extremely rare to find. I find iron on a good frequency, but i had to search all the Balkans to find a few. Maybe making the lumberjack able to sell it for you would be a good idea.
- On French barracks, if you choose to fight for some bucks with the Sergeant, during the fight, you will be armed with wooden swords and shields. It's strange, since on the tournaments, you use sabres, cutlasses and officer swords.

Besides this, i must say that this mod is simply superb, and i am enjoying it. Of course... still having some problems with the hardware matter, but still, works just fine. Thank's you all, guys. Cheers!  :grin:

PS: Read somewhere that should not quote big games of big publishers. Huh... : \

SeanBeansShako said:
Captured Joe said:

Guns work fine no problem, it is weird though that your swords and other melee weapons bounce off of them.

Hunting nine deer and you miss once or twice, or shoot by accident and your hunting for longer than the few minutes you wanted to be doing it.
You don't have to kill all the animals, you can exit and get your gains anytime you want.
It's not so weird melee weapons don't hurt them; I guess the hunting script uses animals with the same characteristics as riderless horses in-battle, which can be killed by ranged fire, but won't attack you and can be scared away by the player.

I recommend using one or two pistols (which can be reloaded while moving), or some kind of carbine. Maybe a horse can be useful too...

Kendoman said:
SeanBeansShako said:
Kendoman said:
Here's an odd one I'm at war with France. To be exact Napoleons French Empire, because there is also a French kingdom at the moment.  It's around day 175 and I'm listed as being at war with Empire of France , but nobody seems to know we are at war.  Villiages can't be looted and Murat is offended that I want to fight him.  I double checked and under Quests, factions panel, United Kingdom is at war with Empire France.

Cheers

You at War with Royalist France, the deceased Kings brother is trying his own One Hundred Days. Look at Bordeux.

No I am at war with Empire France but his troops and towns don't recognize it.  I'm at peace with Kingdom of France.
Maybe you raised your relaationship to the French Empire by freeing prisoners of them? If your relationship gets near to 0 or higher, they will be technically at peace with you!

RodriguesSting said:
- Flintlock Pistol and Arquebus have 150 piercing damage. That seems to be... too high for such outdated weapons during that period, don't you think? But the price seems to be according.
They have rather bad accuracy and reload times, so that's the issue with those outdated firearms! :razz: The bullets they shoot are just the same as used for 19th century muskets (basically just leaden balls of a certain caliber), so they do about the same damage. But then, it should hit someone to be deadly at all! :razz:

- It's almost impossible to find timber. I search everywhere, it's extremely rare to find. I find iron on a good frequency, but i had to search all the Balkans to find a few. Maybe making the lumberjack able to sell it for you would be a good idea.
Weird; In my area of operations (Western Germany and around), Timber isn't very rare at all. Guess it depends on the area then; In the Balkans there should be more Shepherds than Lumberjacks I think.

Kendoman said:
No I am at war with Empire France but his troops and towns don't recognize it.  I'm at peace with Kingdom of France.

Maybe you raised your relaationship to the French Empire by freeing prisoners of them? If your relationship gets near to 0 or higher, they will be technically at peace with you!

Yes ....Thank you....that's what happened....I need to kill some French captives.

About the guns, Captured Joe (would like to hear the history behind such a nickname later), the matter is that a Flintlock Pistol do 150 of damage while a Dragon IX Pistol (or something like that) do around of 60. Even the most powerfull rifle does around of 100, i believe (Baker Rifle, right?). I have to confirm, but the matter is that it is just... too much above the rest, you know?  :???:
However, the recharge rate and the accuracy (both very below the rest) is realistic, i believe. Such as the price. An good weapon for mobs, bandits, rebels and, maybe, low level Serbian troops.

Anyway, inspired by Sean Bean in Sharpe, i am planning to make an British sharpshooter. I will see if the timber  matter only afflicts the Balkans, while i look forward to take pics to show you the guns stats. Cheers!

Ohohoh, Warsaw has declared independence and I received script error at that very moment:

"SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 23: Invalid Script Parameter ID: 2; LINE NO: 2: At script: give_center_to_lord."

:!:

I'm getting a runtime error after being in cities (only after walking in the streets) and after battles. What may cause this?
I'm pretty sure that is doesn't have anything to do with graphics, but rather RAM. How can I lower the amount of people in villages and cities (it's here I'm guarantied to experience a crash)?

Awesome mod btw :grin: I've been following it for 6 months or so :grin:

EDIT: It happens after every battle as well... Please respond.

Humlenerd said:
:!:

I'm getting a runtime error after being in cities (only after walking in the streets) and after battles. What may cause this?
I'm pretty shure that is doesn't have anything to do with graphics, but rather RAM. How can I lower the amount of people in villages and cities (it's here I'm guarantied to experience a crash)?

Awesome mod btw :grin: I've been following it for 6 months or so :grin:

I believe it have something to do with the HD textures. Try to reduce it to 30% or 20%. The game will, still, look gorgeous.

Anyway, spotted a bug:
- When i work as a Lumberjack on the British village of Reading, after I've got the rise of 50%, i never gain that bonus from "doing a good work". I believe it is general.

The lumberjack working system is very good, because it is generic. Going to the village and wasting some time during the morning without doing nothing to gain 250 and maybe a little bonus of 500? Pretty sweet. You could be a fisherman, farmhand, and etc. using the same system. However, i think it have room for improvement. Allow me to show my suggestions:

- I think it would need an "fatigue" system. Every time you work, and depending of how hard you work, you would lose an percentage of your health. As example, you would have three options: work lightly, work normally and work heavily. On the first one, you would loose something like 10% of your health, and receive a small salary (or reduce your relationship with your employer); while working normally would cost you 25% of your health, give you the normal reward (with a fairly small chance of gaining a bonus) and no change to the relationship; and working heavily would give you a normal reward) would cost you whooping 50% of your health, give you the normal payment (but with a BIG chance of getting a bonus) and a small bonus to your relationship wit your employer. If you don't have enough health to do any of these options (like having 9% of your bar) you wouldn't be able to work. It would bring the necessity of being more aware and carefull, and if you plan give us more job options and being able to work more than one time a day (using this system), we would need to plan carefully. Especially with housing for recovering health faster being so expensive.

- Of course... an relationship system with the employer. It would be simple: better relationship, more chances of getting a bonus and getting a rise. The ways of increasing would be working every day (maybe with a bonus for working at the dawn) and working hard. The ways of lowering would be absenteeism and working lightly.

- Hunting simple doesn't worth yet. It's too hard, the meat is heavy (40.00) and slow you down, and the money simply doesn't worth the bullets you would expend to kill the deers and boars. Yes, you gain a small experience bonus when you deliver the flesh, but... it's just too small and doesn't even pay the bullets. The very least you could make is to increase the value of a piece of meat (100 to deer, 150 to boar). If you could make an improved hunting system (where you could at least stalk the prey to shoot from closer) would be awesome. Also, making the boars able to attack you (that LOTR mod have something like that with riderless wargs by putting an invisible rider armed with a short spear on them) would give a challenge, besides trying your hardest to shoot down the beast.

- It seems to be very, very hard to do it, since i have seen this on almost any mod, but... could you make us gain some shooting experience for shooting down horses? Would be more applicable to the hungint part, but still, would be great.

- Make us able to talk directly with the city's most important NPCs trough the city menu. Maybe you didn't so yet to make us explore your magnificent cities, but would be a improvement.

That's all for now, guys. Thanks for this mod, i am really enjoying it. It's a long road for me to star my Chosen Man battalion and sharpshoot Napoleon on Milan, but it's being an incredible experience. Thank you, really. Keep the good work.

:grin:
Once again, Thank You for Such a Brilliant Mod.

However, there is a Bug. Whenever I put on any clothes. And go back to the map, it immediately just takes off my clothes and puts them in the inventory.

I don't know if this was already reported. But that's all I really see now.

Thank You

aderemi123 said:
:grin:
Once again, Thank You for Such a Brilliant Mod.

However, there is a Bug. Whenever I put on any clothes. And go back to the map, it immediately just takes off my clothes and puts them in the inventory.

I don't know if this was already reported. But that's all I really see now.

Thank You

Does the clothes you have require a rank to wear? That was happening to me when I tried to wear a Bicorn hat at too low of rank.

Am running into RGL WARNINGS pretty often, making the game freeze;  when l bring up Task Manager and delete the RGL Warning, and then click on the game, it returns to normal.

Anyone else getting this, and if so, is there a fix for it [LAA maybe]?

Sekum said:
Silver mesh didn´t load.

Quintillius said:
[Bugs & ToDo]
- Missing texture for silver ingots.
[quote author=Last edit description text on first post]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:23:02 AM by Quintillius »
[/quote]

Always check the the list before posting.

Back
Top Bottom