Say cheese: reenactment style

Users who are viewing this thread

MaddsterOwnz said:
kool thread.........im makin chainmail.ill show you guys when its done :mrgreen:
By then the thread will be dead. Good luck.

MaddsterOwnz said:
kool thread.........im makin chainmail.ill show you guys when its done :mrgreen:

A chain mail like this?

carnaval_04_sondrararr.jpg

Well, I and Vilhjalmr recently went to a renfaire to release our pent-up badass energy by looking awesome. I have a few pics; mind you, they are quite large, so those with crappy internet/small screens, go die.

And here they are:

Me in my year-long project. I made the helm in the last week. If you cannot tell, I am a soldier from about 1407, in England. All the clothes are hand sewn and lined:

Vilhjalmr in his Viking garb, wearing his week-old costume, the helm I made him, the shield I own, and New Balance sneakers:

And a group photo. Those are our sisters, if anyone cares to know, being (from the left) a medieval-esque female, a Viking, and a 1400s merchant's daughter:

So, whattya think?

Vilhjalmr said:
Also, I expect you got the message that we grazis are supposed to be cracking down on offenders a little better?

No, actually, it's just in my nature.

Nice pics James!

I'm going to get some of me and my new gear in a day or to. It's rather Uber.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll have a big axe.

It's one-of-a-kin, handmade at an annual medieval fair we have here, in Horsens - by a company called Arms & Armoury. I've personally never heard of them before, but the work looks solid so far - waiting for close-ups to verify.

really nice pics here.
cant say i have any pics to share...yet.
but as soon as im old enough il join http://www.frilansene.no/marginlist.aspx?ID=78&Key=History the freelancers!
and then itl become pics, allright!

Not bad pictures, but I would question the wearing of purple on a 9th-10th C Dane who doesn't seem wealthy enough to afford body armour...

nordconmt4.jpg

Okay, this is me at the Nordcon 2004.
Now, most of the stuff is simply bought - I just don't have the time anymore to do stuff myself; plus, unlike some of my friends, I'm rather a drawing artist and lack the skills to craft equipment (and the time/will to learn them). It took me about 3 years to collect it all, as I'm kind of picky. But in the end, I was all the more proud of what I had gathered.

Currently, I have ordered a new custom made tabard (can't wait to try it out; the tailor told me it'll be ready in December). Also, I now own a set of shoulder pauldrons, and the picture above is missing my bastard sword (blunt spring steel) as well.

I can post new pictures as soon as the tabard is completed, as I have also lost a lot of weight and got myself a small beard, so it's about time to update my small gallery. :wink:

Nice!

Edit: My Viking/Norman/Rus Impression is shaping up, I'm sewing the over-tunic from gray wool. In an untraditional move, I'll have to wear my mail between my two tunics, since the mail is rather long and 2/3 sleeve length.

I also have a nice piece of blue wool for a cape to go with my nice new cloak pin, but I can't decide if I need to fix the shape of it to fit.

Back
Top Bottom