Emotions In Motion v.IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Unless that's something you choose to do (and depression isn't a choice) then it's only crippling yourself and that someone who cares about from feeling good in the long run by putting that burden of blame on yourself. Don't get hung up on it and forgive yourself like it was an unintentional mistake, the same way you would forgive someone else's mistakes. I don't think you want to shut down, and it might even feel nightmarish in concept. Really I would think you just want to not negatively affect others, and that's something that can be done by anyone without resorting to shutting down.

Yes but it would at least make me stop doing the same over and over again. I cant exactly help myself since I'm always seeking comfort in said person and every single thing that we talk about I mentally twist and see only negativity, basically anything can trigger that. And sometimes I might turn it around thinking its something personal when it was just a word, just something I was told, just something that happened. I hate this.

I know I need a sobering slap in the face whenever I enter that destructive vicious circle and feel like I can't help it.
But I guess I came off as a jerk there, we're not close friends for me to talk to you like that. My bad.

Vieira said:
I honestly think that visiting a sex therapist would benefit me. But I don't have enough money. And thus the cycle... well, cycles.

Sex isn't going to cure anything. Actually getting up and doing something will.

I know, I go something similar. It's like I lose all drive to do anything. Dishes and laundry go unwashed, place gets really messy. Stuff starts piling up. All I want to do is play video games and sleep. I only go to work because I have to do.
There's nothing I can do but force myself to be productive. I don't know if it's depression or something else, but I just have to make myself snap out of it. You need to do the same. You're lucky to have coursework, that helps me immensely at keeping it at bay, that and exercise. Whatever this is, you need to find a way to move past it. Sometimes all you can do is stare that ugly mother****er in the face and say not today.

ComingWinter said:
Vieira said:
I honestly think that visiting a sex therapist would benefit me. But I don't have enough money. And thus the cycle... well, cycles.

Sex isn't going to cure anything. Actually getting up and doing something will.

I know, I go something similar. It's like I lose all drive to do anything. Dishes and laundry go unwashed, place gets really messy. Stuff starts piling up. All I want to do is play video games and sleep. I only go to work because I have to do.
There's nothing I can do but force myself to be productive. I don't know if it's depression or something else, but I just have to make myself snap out of it. You need to do the same. You're lucky to have coursework, that helps me immensely at keeping it at bay, that and exercise. Whatever this is, you need to find a way to move past it. Sometimes all you can do is stare that ugly mother****er in the face and say not today.

I don't even want to play video games.  :razz:

I did have coursework. I do not any longer. Deadline was the 8th. It didn't help keeping depression at bay. I would just stare at my work on the screen for hours and do nothing. Made me feel even more helpless.

Went to the doctors the other day. What he practically said was that my idea that I'm just lazy is probably true ("It certainly seems that is the case") and I should find myself a routine, looking for a job and doing exercise, while weaning myself off my prescription, as he doesn't think I need meds. Woo! I guess? Hmmm.

Orchid said:
YE FOKKIN WEE PANSY, GET OFF YER ARSE N GET TO IT

Thought I'd try the Weaver approach.

Tbh there's not much else to say. Viera's either gonna keep doin what he is doing until he crashes and the ensuing situation will force him to change or if he's lucky the survival instinct will kick in before that.

Or he may never find the strength no matter what happens to him. And he will die sooner than later, alone, weak, with his head in the toilet, devoured by the stray cats.

In any case, there's no advice to give. No consolation to offer. No experience to share. It's up to him and him only.

kurczak said:
Or he may never find the strength no matter what happens to him. And he will die sooner than later, alone, weak, with his head in the toilet, devoured by the stray cats.
sWHv6.jpg

It would be a noble end.

Back
Top Bottom