What pissed you off today v. IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenKenobi said:
Anthropoid said:
You know what pisses me off? High frequency trading, that is what pisses me off!

If EVER there was a poignant and incontrovertible example of the wealthy elites using their position to effectively FLEECE the ******** system and practically PRINT MONEY for themselves, this is it.

Well, no.

Elaborate? I do realize that HFT traders compete primarily with other HFT traders and that even day traders are not exactly DIRECTLY impacted by them. Still, it just seems "unfair."

I read that Italy has introduced some 'regulations' that in effect apply a small tax to any trades by the same brokerage that occur within a ~0.5 second span. What do you make of that Ben?

I'm just getting started with learning this stuff, so I'm all ears.

For day traders imo, riding early on announcer effect (buy and hold on undervalued securities and waiting for someone prominent to scoop them up as well) is a better deal than trying to compete or even follow HFT traders around.

:???: I didn't know private companies where allowed to run competitions on the streets? We parked for a hour and when we came back there was a note saying our parking was "fine" and we had won a prize of £75.

Anthropoid said:
BenKenobi said:
Anthropoid said:
You know what pisses me off? High frequency trading, that is what pisses me off!

If EVER there was a poignant and incontrovertible example of the wealthy elites using their position to effectively FLEECE the ******** system and practically PRINT MONEY for themselves, this is it.

Well, no.

Elaborate? I do realize that HFT traders compete primarily with other HFT traders and that even day traders are not exactly DIRECTLY impacted by them. Still, it just seems "unfair."

I read that Italy has introduced some 'regulations' that in effect apply a small tax to any trades by the same brokerage that occur within a ~0.5 second span. What do you make of that Ben?

Unfair to whom? Anyway, I just didn´t like the screwdriver vs. white tie approach - I know two people who do this rather succesfully, and wealthy and elites are not among the first adjectives I would use to describe them.

Speaking of the state, enemies of the state and what pissed you off today, I have just finished reading a biography of Lída Baarová and I must say it is wonderfully tragic how completely (well, almost) can a young girl **** up her life by meeting with a wrong people, especially when some nine years after some people get a little too much red in their eyes.

BenKenobi said:
Anthropoid said:
BenKenobi said:
Anthropoid said:

Well, no.

Unfair to whom?

Unfair to me and everyone who doesn't have the technology and know how to do it ourselves. Becoming a trader is something that anyone with even a couple thousand bucks can conceivably do. Becoming a HF trader is something that only firms with the technology and know-how can do.

And yet capitalism is supposed to be "accessible."

Anyway, I just didn´t like the screwdriver vs. white tie approach - I know two people who do this rather succesfully, and wealthy and elites are not among the first adjectives I would use to describe them.

You know two people who engage in "High Frequency Trading!?" Are they employees of a large brokerage firm or what? My understanding is that there effectively were not any freelance traders who had the ability to do this?

Anthropoid said:
Unfair to me and everyone who doesn't have the technology and know how to do it ourselves. Becoming a trader is something that anyone with even a couple thousand bucks can conceivably do. Becoming a HF trader is something that only firms with the technology and know-how can do.

It's unfair for NASA to launch space missions because there are people like me who don't have the technology and know-how to do it themselves.

Dodes said:
Seize the means of jet production.

npc.ht4.gif

Chem_jet.png
**** you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom