B Tutorial 3D The Unofficial Video Tutorial Series - Modelling. (4/4 vids available!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello and welcome. The past few days I have been working on a series of video tutorials. I have slaughtered the English language as well as wasted numerous compressors, I have remade models a hundred times and I have bloopered a million times!

But alas, I managed to wrap the series up for now. Currently the video tutorial series include:

Video Tutorial 1 - Basics of modelling (~22min)
Video Tutorial 2 - Modelling a Sword & Shield (~23min)
Video Tutorial 3 - Modelling a Helmet (~14 min)
Video Tutorial 4 - UV mapping & Texturing (~59min/1h) - Beware 123 Mb large!

If there are any questions or requests related to the video tutorials, feel free to post. If anything is unclear, feel free to post, if you want to thank me, feel free to post. :razz:
I hope these are somewhat helpfull, I know I could have certainly used these when I started modding here.

For my two written tutorials, please go here:
Basic modelling tutorial (archived on the WayBack machine)
advanced modelling tutorial (archived on the WayBack machine)

Thanks for watching!
-Highelf

P.S Forgive me for typoing "modelling" into "moddeling" all the time and everywhere. :razz:

Here are the videos uploaded on Google Video, thanks to morgoth.

(Note that these are alot lower quality, so you might want to consider downloading the files from the repository anyway)

1: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1532551133169331191&hl=en-GB
2: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4403239289094799292&hl=en-GB
3: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8329952174511669053&hl=en-GB

a shameless plug before you can indulge into my free video tutorials. :razz: I'm doing commissioned work from now on: 3D models and digital paintings. More info here, please check it out! :smile:

Watching right now. Your English is perfect, I would never have known that it is not your first language. It is perfectly understandable.

That is all I have watched now. I'll edit my post later.

Thanks, although I don't really think so myself.

Anyway, the second tutorial is now uploading. I was busy uploading for a while already, but then my Internet broke down.. Should be done in a while.

Well what do you know, it just finished 2 minutes after I posted. :razz:

Highelf, could you possibly post them on youtube, since it is a pain to download even 15 minutes of video?

You have to pay for that IIRC, or have some kind of special account. Sorry, I really won't upload them again. It shouldn't be much of a difference downloading them from youtube / google video or downloading them from the repository. Even if it is, I can't afford to upload it all twice. My Internet would die a horrible and painfull death for one month.

Highelf, Thanks!!! Man, This helped me allot, I am all into modeling now, further more... You are dutch? I mean... I first did't notice that your computer is dutch, since I and my computer are dutch as well...  :eek: If-understand-you-I-what-am-saying.

Whatever, Its really allot of easier to make models, now that I know the nice shortcuts, and now I know how usefully the point-mode is!

I will be trying the Helmet tutorial now. It just finished downloading.

Thanks,  :cool:
Servitor

Servitor said:
Highelf, Thanks!!! Man, This helped me allot, I am all into modeling now, further more... You are dutch? I mean... I first did't notice that your computer is dutch, since I and my computer are dutch as well...  :eek: If-understand-you-I-what-am-saying.

Whatever, Its really allot of easier to make models, now that I know the nice shortcuts, and now I know how usefully the point-mode is!

I will be trying the Helmet tutorial now. It just finished downloading.

Thanks,  :cool:
Servitor

I'm Flemish, yeah. Glad the tutorials helped.

Anyway, I was thinking... when the last one is uploaded, maybe some sticky stuff could be applied? I put hours of work in it and I think this is the best way to learn - or the best tutorial type, so why not? I would certainly hate to have it drop to page 25 and never be heard of again. :razz:

Heh,

Thats a very good idea. Get some glue here and make this a sticky.

I just watched the helmet video. Oh man, That its so not-hard-as-I-thought really gives me a slap in the face. Anyway, I imagine that every kind of armor, whether its a helmet, glove or boot is made the same way? By importing a body part and making the item around it?  :eek:

Sorry for the mistake of you being Flemish, not dutch, some Flemish people take misunderstandings between their northern neighbors as an insult. (So do the Dutchies with their southern neighbors as well, mind.  :wink:

Yes, Make this into a sticky tread.
I asked it to Arshonsod already.  :shock: Thats not forbidden right?

Waiting for the UV-Maping tutorial with eagerness now, though I think I can get a nice idea of how to do it from this tread. Even so, I prefer videos.

Edit: What program did you use for making the videos?  :eek:

Good Luck! :wink:
Servitor.

I just watched the helmet video. Oh man, That its so not-hard-as-I-thought really gives me a slap in the face. Anyway, I imagine that every kind of armor, whether its a helmet, glove or boot is made the same way? By importing a body part and making the item around it?  :eek:

Yep.

Sorry for the mistake of you being Flemish, not dutch

No problem.
Yes, Make this into a sticky tread.
I asked it to Arshonsod already.  :shock: Thats not forbidden right?

It's not forbidden. :razz:

Edit: What program did you use for making the videos?  :eek:

Camtasia.

Make a video tutorial on rigging and I will mail you a golden medal.

That's the plan, eventually. But not now. I've had it with video tutorials for a couple of weeks. :razz:

Very nice contribution for the comunity. Maybe a little fast at some points tough but its good for beginners. Cant wait for #4 so i can finally figure out wtf i am doing wrong at texturing.

Back
Top Bottom