Native Completed 2v2 NA Tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

Harn said:
Wow, African has been posting pretty respectfully & not being a **** and you go and you go act like a **** & tell him to eat ****. If you don't want to do the tournament then just cancel it. You wanted to kick the inactives, great. Your handling of this hasn't been fair or overly transparent though. African posted on the 19th asking for a match-up. Not sure when you gave one but on the 27th you disqualified him for being inactive for 2-3 weeks?

Posting frequent updates in the thread (or even better, the original post where you listed the first round cut-off date and never updated after) would have made this all a non-issue. Directing everyone to the original post and keeping match cut-off dates there in line with the realities of the tournament would have avoided all of this.

You should be glad someone still cares enough to fight for the opportunity to keep playing in this. It was a pretty interesting concept; I got to see one of the matches in action and was intrigued, and I haven't really cared about this game since I played in the Nations cup.

tldr; I don't like seeing my friends getting screwed over like this arbitrarily. You somehow managed to take Marnid's sarcastic wit in his handling of things (he earned a sincere thank you from me for taking the time to run his ladders) and decided that you wanted to actually be serious about not caring. Being stubborn about something like this is just making sure nobody ever trusts you to handle things in the future, much less take the results of this serious.

I don't think I ever told him to eat ****. But you probably know more about my posts than I do...
He also has a teammate who has been a ****, but thats really not the point. The team is kicked for tournament-wide inactivity and problem causing.

And there was a giant picture with the deadlines in the OP. It's still there. All of the deadlines were missed. I also PM'd team captains about activity when those deadlines were missed and let many of them stay in the tournament even after missing deadlines because they still wanted to play. I rearranged deadlines several times to try and get everyone's matches in. So I'm sorry I'm being mean to your friends, but you're misinformed as to both their actions and mine

Right now, I would like to finish this thing so I can get to work setting up tournaments in the format I described before. I'm aware that "no one will sign up because I'm so mean to BkS", so you dont have to reply and say that

Any more complaints about the tournament, thoughts on future tournaments, or letters detailing how Taleworlds should ban me because my education is so inferior to the rest of the forum, can be directed to my inbox.

We haven't been inactive at any point in the tournament, and the only times we've "caused problems" are when you've tried to screw us over like this.

I never got any pms from you, probably because we weren't even in the lower bracket until after those deadlines expired.

Mr.X said:
But you probably know more about my posts than I do...

You do realize it was Harn who said that, so obviously he knows more about your posts than you.

There is no arguing with Harn. If Harn sees fit to cancel your tournament, it will be cancelled.

Consider this your last warning.

Mr.X said:
I don't think I ever told him to eat ****. But you probably know more about my posts than I do...

Hyperbole - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

I overly exaggerated your replies so as to point out how ridiculous your arguments have been in turn.

He also has a teammate who has been a ****, but thats really not the point. The team is kicked for tournament-wide inactivity and problem causing.

I'm still waiting for a real explanation as to why they were removed. Are you telling me it is their fault that the one team that they fought against and was unable to meet the deadline is now retroactively to be used against them even though the other team was at fault?

And there was a giant picture with the deadlines in the OP. It's still there. All of the deadlines were missed. I also PM'd team captains about activity when those deadlines were missed and let many of them stay in the tournament even after missing deadlines because they still wanted to play. I rearranged deadlines several times to try and get everyone's matches in. So I'm sorry I'm being mean to your friends, but you're misinformed as to both their actions and mine

Yes, a picture of deadlines that are 2 weeks old and out of date and fails to show the upper bracket deadlines? By your current logic, all the teams are disqualified since they haven't finished by the 14th.

It would have been pretty easy to say something along the lines of "Sorry, I made the decision to remove inactive teams and you got caught up in the mess, you have until blah blah date to finish up the next round."

Instead you have decided to remove them because... you don't like them I guess? Very impartial of you.

Any more complaints about the tournament, thoughts on future tournaments, or letters detailing how Taleworlds should ban me because my education is so inferior to the rest of the forum, can be directed to my inbox.

I'm going to go old man mode on you and put out a bit of positive advice. People respect someone that can admit a mistake. The commentary I have given has been almost nothing but an attempt (direct & indirect) to improve your tournament. I did mean what I said about people losing trust in you in future tournaments because I hope that you would choose to improve & learn from this and host other tournaments. Running this stuff isn't easy, fun or intrinsically rewarding in an obvious sense, and the NA community needs people to run more things like this. I had nothing but respect for Marnid's choice to run his ladders as long as he did. He got a lot of grief for his choices and improved on problems as they occurred and overall manned up.

When you take on a role such as this in the community, you accept that you are under public scrutiny and so I kindly refuse your invitation to take this to a PM. I invite you to reply with a logical and detailed response. Most likely the logic won't make any sense to me, but I am hoping you'll surprise me and work with me. Regards.

X is the admin, whatever he says goes, at the moment though this tournament is a joke seeing as how ive been waiting over a month or so to play a single match. Then he auto loses teams because he didnt actually advance the teams that shouldve been or didnt autolose teams who passed deadline like he the admin should have after they missed the date. For me team salty we had to wait for 2 different teams and he failed to auto lose EITHER TEAM so now he decides to autolose US and advance whoever he feels because all of a sudden he wants it to end. Look I dont care that you want it to end its fine I get it, you want the joke to end this thing got out of hand, but when you want to talk about what actually happened and try to throw a jab at me personally lol. listen you didnt do your job simply put and dont put your **** on to others especially not me.

Mr.X said:

@Beer, assuming the tournament isn't boycotted, following the challonge bracket should be enough to figure out who's fighting who.

There's no way you've made the right decision here. You're basically being the kid who's losing and decides to take his ball and go home.

I just hope everyone else realizes how ridiculous this is and how poorly you've handled the entire situation.

findecanno said:
So who do I fight?

You were supposed to fight an inactive team two weeks ago, you're out of the tournament.

I'm waiting for the collusion to happen, "hey just ignore that team, and both of you will get kicked out, then our team can advance."

EDIT: OH WAIT DID IT ALREADY HAPPEN? JOHN WHO PAID YOU? I'LL AFRICAN WILL PAY DOUBLE!

Just for some perspective:

You have Harn posting. Harn never posts, and he's actually a really good, chill, honest guy. I'd imagine if he's taking the effort to make an argument, I'd listen to it and not just glaze over it.

This isn't about "omg y u mean to bks," but open public criticism about how things have been handled. It's clear you're taking the line of "my tournament, I do what I want," but hopefully you'll eventually understand that all that attitude is going to do is invalidate results as well as motivate people to stop playing because the tournament scene has become a circus.

You want to kick peers and African, that's fine, but the grounds here are a bit retarded -- John himself (their enemy team) is voicing support for them, as well as African's solid arguments that you just avoid and use the rhetoric of "I'm the boss," which never ends well. Sometimes it's better to admit a mistake and work to fix the problems than to be prideful and stubborn, take it from someone who is prideful and stubborn and has had to learn that the difficult way.

gg peers, African.

btw, do you guys have vent info?

Mr.X said:
And there was a giant picture with the deadlines in the OP.

I rearranged deadlines several times to try and get everyone's matches in.

If that's any indication of the pacing of the tournament, this shindig ended 3 weeks ago, right? Apparently it hasn't, so I'd recommend doing what just about every other tournament organizer to this point has done: extend the deadlines, post them in your thread. You're obviously extending deadlines because you aren't kicking out everyone for missing the finals deadline, but where are the new deadlines posted? I'll tell you now I didn't read through all 25 pages to find them, so if you actually have posted them I'd like to see them.

If not, why are you kicking people for missing deadlines that aren't announced? Especially in this case, where you're kicking a team that played on the day of your secret deadline.

I also PM'd team captains about activity when those deadlines were missed and let many of them stay in the tournament even after missing deadlines because they still wanted to play.

Did you PM this team about recurring episodes of inactivity, before making your decision to remove them? Communication with team captains about issues is paramount. I thought you learned that from NASTe. The best way to get this community to do anything is to tell them about it. After that, people play because they want to play or they drop out because they don't want to play. It's very self-moderating in that respect.

And finally, saying your own tournament is a joke and clearly having little enthusiasm for it does nothing for anyone. If you think it's a waste of time, then stop wasting your time and tell everyone to go home. Hanging on and making it worse only reflects more poorly on you as an organizer.

Orion said:
I'll tell you now I didn't read through all 25 pages to find them

READ THE MOTHA FIN THREAD BEFORE U MUTHAFN POST.

its the closest i could get to insulting you marnid using your own avatar against you. owned
- from samuel l jacksoff

Because I addressed an issue that popped up in the last 3 pages, and I read the last 3 pages, and in those 3 pages everyone said that new deadlines hadn't been announced anywhere else in the thread? It's the only thing I would have to read the thread for, but others that followed the thread actively have already said it isn't there.

I don't think so, Golradir. Madnes5 is just trying to be funny again.

Back
Top Bottom