America
59108777.png
Link

Europe
europen.png
Link

I make new map for those who want

Greetings Karatasak

I think these look kinda bad because there are jagged edges all the way around the land so it looks off. They aren't all that bad and I wouldn't be able to do any better, my tokyo map came out the same way and I really don't know what to do about it. Can people say how to fix the jagged edges of maps as I really need to do that so I can move it onto the map.

You haven't actually made a new map, all you've done is import a BMP file into Thorgrims Map Editor. No shoreline smothing, no wave smoothing, no mountains, no terrain changes, no trees, no height manipulation.

Still, useful for those who don't know how to import a BMP I suppose.

Karatasak said:
I'm deleted map for is not good enough

You didn't really have to do that though, someone may have had a use for them.

Jezze said:
Use the CTRL+S function in Thogrimms Map editor, and it straightens those jagged edges.

Good idea by the way. Seems useful to have these maps OSP :wink:.

Thanks, that information will be useful.

Okay, gonna give you a few pointers.

You still haven't done anything but importing a BMP into the map editor, which takes about 2 minutes. You've painted on the terrain in the crudest manner possible, the russian steppes, as an example, are often more fertile than Spain, so maybe paint Spain with a bit of steppe?

Also, the snow line is well weird. Living in Denmark, I can assure you that we have very little snow here, much less than the alps.

Anyhow, my point is that this is not really download worthy, anyone making a mod will be able to make maps like this faster than downloading the .txt file and exporting it into their folder.

A few things you could start with would be smoothing the shoreline, making mountain ranges, rivers, trees, proper terrains, lakes etc. Everything that gives a map that special feel.

I've spoilered a map of europe I worked on a while back and never finished below, maybe try and emulate what I've done. Map is far from done though, so don't forget that terrain changes, trees etc., are all very important.

Hey i kow this is very old but if this still works, ill need the map of America. (Btw, did you mean U.S.A or America? Cause you forgot Canada......)

Back
Top Bottom