[N5aS2] - Rules and Regulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex_C

Baron
Old Guard
2rrnbtd.jpg

Introduction.png

Due to the success of the last tournament following this format I organised, watly and I will be working together to run another one. The general idea is the same as last time: teams of 5-8 players each from a specific nation will compete in 5-a-side matches with other teams of 5-8. Multiple teams from each country are also allowed.

Like last time, there will be class restrictions in place: each team is permitted only to field a maximum of two infantry, two rangers and one cavalry. There are however no equipment limitations, so the cavalry doesn’t have to take a horse, crossbows can drop their bows and so forth. If you are concerned that another team is breaching these restrictions, firstly let them know this, and secondly take regular screenshots. Matches will be 16 rounds long, played out over two maps. Each map will be 8 rounds long, with spawns and factions being switched after 4 rounds.

In order to submit a team, firstly read the rules written below, and then follow the instructions in this thread.

RulesRegulations.png

• Each team must consist of 5-8 players.
  • Each team must be made up of players from one nation. In extenuating circumstances, where a nation is having trouble finding enough players, on it's own, the captain should approach an event admin about merging with another nation.
  • The deadline for team submissions is 22/08/2012. After this date, each team will have four substitution chances (adding a player counts as one substitution chance, removing a player counts as one substitution chance and adding and removing a player at the same time counts as one substitution chance). After these four chances have been used up, no further alterations may be made. Substitutions will be made in this thread.
  • Each team must have a captain. Their role is primarily organisational, although they do deal with interactions between teams, so try to pick someone who’s a familiar face, sensible and relatively easy to contact.
  • During the Team Submission Phase, teams will have a chance to name themselves. Generally try to keep names somewhat related to the country of your team. Also keep them tasteful and not offensive. I have the power to reject team names which I feel don’t do these things.
  • If a team chooses to name itself, its name should be reflected somehow in their tag. Any team not choosing a name for themselves must use an in-game tag that reflects their nation and team number - e.g. UK_I_.
  • Should they so choose, teams may also decide upon a ‘motto’. So long as this isn’t offensive or so forth, there are no real limitations on this.
  • A player from a team which has already been defeated may not join another team of their nationality which is still in the tournament.

• Combat Speed: Medium; Friendly Fire: 100% on Friend; Round Duration: 300 seconds (5 minutes); Game Type: Battle; Gold: all set to 100%; Spectator Settings: Locked to Team Members’ View; No bots, polls, or so forth.
  • Matches will be 16 rounds long, played over two maps. Each map will be 8 rounds long, with spawns and factions being switched after 4 rounds. When the spawns and factions are swapped, the map must be restarted.
  • Rounds resulting in a draw will not be replayed.
  • Matches will be 5-a-side, with each team comprised of a maximum of two infantry, two rangers and one cavalry. There are no equipment restrictions however, teams may exchange equipment as much as they like so long as they stick to the aforementioned classes.
  • Teams may agree to play the full match on one server, or they may with to change servers at some point. If a server cannot be agreed upon, for a match, approach one of the event admins, for a resolution. Always decide on servers and test them, well in advance of the match. This will avoid complaints and problems, when it comes to playing.
  • Servers outside of the EU may be permitted, for matches involving USA, Canada and Turkey. For these teams, an event admin will be on hand to decide which servers are used, on a case by case basis.
  • The winner will be the team with the most rounds won at the end of the 16 rounds.
  • Teams may make as many substitutions as they wish throughout the match, however at no point may more than 5 players spawn on either team.
  • Special versions of the Warband maps were made for the European Native League, and will be used for this tournament. They will fix map bugs and remove ways to glitch, removing the problem of glitches entirely. A log of the changes made to the maps will be kept and the maps will be made publicly available.
  • The ENL maps from version 1.143 will be used for the duration of this tournament, not the newer 1.153 ones for those maps such as Port Assault and Village.
  • If a team cannot make 5 players, at the agreed match time, they must play on regardless. It is up to the other team to decide if they want to postpone the match.
  • Unless team captains decide otherwise, team 1 will always start at spawn 1 on the first map and and spawn 2 on the second map and vice versa for team 2.
  • In the event of a match draw during the Knockout Stage, the match will go into a tie-breaker.  Here more rounds are played in sequence until one team is ahead by two (2) rounds. First Team 1 plays as the first faction on the first map, then Team 1 plays as the second faction on the first map, then Team 1 plays as the first faction on the second map, then Team 1 plays as the second faction on the second map.
  • If a home/away system is being used for a match, the teams may choose to evenly split the the tie-breaker rounds between the two servers, so that one round is played at home, then one away and so on.
  • If eight such tie-breaker rounds have been played without resolution, teams are permitted to re-arrange their match for another date.
  • All players on a team should use the tag which their team has signed up with or been assigned.

• After an initial Group Phase, the tournament will go into a Knockout Phase. This is purely single elimination, those teams eliminated have no second chances.
  • The exact nature of the Group Phase, as well as numbers involved will be decided once team signups are over.
  • Event admins will have the final say. This tournament isn't to prove, or decide anything and it's a lot simpler if I review any disputes myself. It is recommended that every team takes regular screenshots (or records), throughout each of their matches. This will be useful as evidence in any disputes.
  • Any suspected breach of the Team Regulations, Tournament or Match Rules should be met with immediate confrontation and should be reported to an event admin as soon as possible, preferably by your team rep. Any team that keeps quiet about friendly fire being set to the wrong percentage (for example), and then complains after they lose, will have their protests ignored.
  • Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse.
  • If teams want to play a match, after a deadline, for whatever reason, they must request this permission from an event admin.
  • Maps for each match will be randomly generated at the start of the tournament. Each match will use one open and one closed map.
  • Factions for each match will also be randomly generated at the start of the tournament.

Closed Maps:

• 1 - Nord Town
  • 2 - Port Assault
  • 3 - San’di’boush
  • 4 - Vendetta
  • 5 - Village

Open Maps:

• 1 - Field by the River
  • 2 - Frosty Battle
  • 3 - Reveran Village
  • 4 - Ruins
  • 5 - Snowy Village

• 1 - Nords
  • 2 - Rhodoks
  • 3 - Sarranids
  • 4 - Swadia
  • 5 - Vaegirs

20/08/2012:

Rule Added:

• The ENL maps from version 1.143 will be used for the duration of this tournament, not the newer 1.153 ones for those maps such as Port Assault and Village.

Rule Removed:

• Players should play under the in-game name which they are signed up under. Small variations are permitted (Alex_ander instead of Alexander if you want a poor example), so long as the name is recognisable from the name the player is signed up under.

Rule Added:

• All players on a team should use the tag which their team has signed up with or been assigned.

Could we increas the amonut of player in each team to ten???

If you think about it makes much more sense. look for exa. at the train. We could make intern 5 vs 5 with our teams.  Furthermore you are capable to attain to more matches because the probability of players able to play is higher. :wink:

IgnisDraconis said:
Could we increas the amonut of player in each team to ten???

If you think about it makes much more sense. look for exa. at the train. We could make intern 5 vs 5 with our teams.  Furthermore you are capable to attain to more matches because the probability of players able to play is higher. :wink:

True, but it also decreases the number of teams per country which will be viable. The UK for instance could put out two teams of ~8 fairly easily, but I doubt it could really handle two teams of ~10.

I really want to encourage as many teams from each country as possible (since that'd hopefully mean more people are able to play), so I'm probably gonna keep it at 8.

Can you extend the deadline to signup a team to the 22/08/12? Cause lots of italians players are in vacation and we can't contact them  :cry:

Duken96 said:
Can you extend the deadline to signup a team to the 22/08/12?

This makes a lot of sense, considering ENL Hardgamerz will be starting on the 9th we really don't need another tournament starting right in the middle of the most intense tourney so far (3 days per match, omgwtflol). As hardgamerz should end by the 23rd, this extension seems logical.

what about fight with russian teams. I can tell you that it is a pain in the neck to find a good server with those folks. because their servers are still in eu (more or less). but the ping is to damn high for us. could you add russia to usa, turkey and so on where you have to find an equal server. then we don´t habe to discuss for hours. :wink:

Irishman. said:
huh, russian teams play on EU servers without problems... ENL, National cup, and other tournaments.
But I do not mind russians servers  :razz:

This.

When we play against Russian player we play on German servers and nobody has a problem with ping.

Btw: If one or two teams need a team speak channel for their trainings and matches, just ask me via Pm.

well all the times i made a match with them they only wanted to play on russian servers. :neutral: We had all over 100 ping and they under 20. o_O But the other way around it was 40 to 40. don´t ask me why they were to resistend. :roll:
However, if you make a rule that we play not on russian servers is fine with me as well. :wink: I just don´t want to discuss hours like those times, it is annoying.

Yeah I can agree with this, last time it was difficult finding a neutral server with one of the russian teams because they insisted on Swedish server first then Russian.

Don't understand why though since the pings were better on a neutral german server or so.

Can we make Yugoslav team (merged Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Macedonia to one NC team) as before in the last tournament NC2012? Because it will be very hard for each country to make a team alone again.

Shoxi said:
Can we make Yugoslav team (merged Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Macedonia to one NC team) as before in the last tournament NC2012? Because it will be very hard for each country to make a team alone again.

well that means each country has one singple player, being interrested. the thought is funny. (7 countrys=8person team) as long as aley don´t wonna increase to 10. *hust* here we go again. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom