Totally important and utterly decisive poll about team-sizes

Matches of which size do you prefer in a competitive environment (such as the ENL or the Nations Cup

• 5 vs 5

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 6 vs 6

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • 7 vs 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 vs 8

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • 9 vs 9

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 10 vs 10

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • 11 vs 11

• 12 vs 12

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • 13 vs 13

• 14 vs 14

• 15 vs 15

• 16 vs 16

• 17 vs 17

• 18 vs 18

• 19 vs 19

• 20 vs 20

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sotamursu123 said:
Duken96 said:
With 20v20 or something like that it's more chaotic, and for some closed maps like nord town or port assault i think it's too much.

Wrong! It might be chaotic, but damn, it's fun and requires not only skill but tactics too!
2012072900001.jpg

2012072900002j.jpg
From those screenshots it looks like the map and faction decided the results of that one. Not skill or tactics.

captain lust said:
sotamursu123 said:
Duken96 said:
With 20v20 or something like that it's more chaotic, and for some closed maps like nord town or port assault i think it's too much.

Wrong! It might be chaotic, but damn, it's fun and requires not only skill but tactics too!
2012072900001.jpg

2012072900002j.jpg
From those screenshots it looks like the map and faction decided the results of that one. Not skill or tactics.

the results are like that because of class limits imo...

But on Port Assault spawn, map and faction decided the winner.
I voted for 8vs.8, but after thinking about it I dont care what the number is. ^^ But I´d prefer numbers up to 10.

Just from my experience commentating on lots of games over the last 2 cycles, I have to say that the amount of camping appeares to have decreased and that aggresive tactics seem to be rewarded a little more favourably than before. The quality of games in general seem to have benefitted and frankly there's just less camping snoozefests.  I wouldn't claim this to be evidence, just what i've seen from the streaming. I've also failed to see how the change has made the game less tactical. If anything, the benefit given to offensive tactics has allowed for more tactics to be opened up. Whether the shift from camping was just a natural change in the meta or as a result of the changes is difficult to say. All in all, 8v8 gets my vote.

(Voted for the wrong one lol.)

I'd prefer 5v5 TDM. Totally serious. No camping, no waiting, fast paced, more fun to watch and easier to organise (since it involves 5 players and requires less time than battle).

8v8 doesn't really fit the concept of "Clan Wars", you know. It's more like a group of people fighting group of people. Clan is something... larger?

Mawi said:
8v8 doesn't really fit the concept of "Clan Wars", you know. It's more like a group of people fighting group of people. Clan is something... larger?

Maybe that's why lust has organise a league for teams, not clans. :wink:

Andrej1 said:
Mawi said:

Maybe that's why lust has organise a league for teams, not clans. :wink:

Ok, if this league is only for teams, why are we in clans? Every clan has trainings and more to be ready for matches and if there will be only teams here, i don't know why we are in clans.

Because you choose to be....
Clans usually offer more than just competitive matches, such as community. Most clans hang out together whilst playing in public servers, play other games together, do all sorts of cool stuff that doesn't revolve around ENL.

Clans simply choose to put forward a team made up from members of that clan. There is no reason why big clans couldn't enter more than 1 team.

There is no reason why 8 players in different clans couldn't form a team for ENL. The biggest reason more teams don't form is clan politics/rules that state players shouldn't "double clan" or split their time and commitment.

@Modus, allow people to change their vote next time. I don't want to change the vote myself, but I read others do, thus this poll is no longer representative of the communities current opinion now.

@Arch3r, read the OP and realise that I don't give a **** about the only-clicking-the-button-people (or the results in general since the anticipated overwhelming majority of idiots, whatever button they clicked, already shows) and therefore everyone can change their opinion till the (redundant) poll is closed - that of course includes those people who clicked the wrong button, no button and/or previously-wrong-and-now-considered-right button (also: vice versa).

@Modus, according to the thread title the poll is totally important and utterly decisive. Everyone knows the thread title represents the body of the actual opening post, therefor this poll is totally important and utterly decisive, but it has the flaw that people cannot express their opinion freely, nor change their minds.

@Arch3r, since the thread title of the poll is a persiflage and contradicted by the very first sentence of the OP, its sole purpose is to rise the attention of the usual +1-lets-click-a-random-button-people. Since everyone knows that a title is only a mean to rise attention for the content itself, it was chosen accordingly. Since people can express their opinion and change their mind, there's no real purpose for the proposed change. Anyway, the next time I make a useless thread with a redundant poll I'll allow to change one's (ignored) chosen option, which isn't taken into account, to another (ignored) option, which isn't taken into account either.

ModusTollens said:
Anyway, the next time I make a useless thread with a redundant poll I'll allow to change one's (ignored) chosen option, which isn't taken into account, to another (ignored) option, which isn't taken into account either.
Thank you, that's all I wanted to hear, glad you agree with me.

Araf said:
I'd prefer 5v5 TDM. Totally serious. No camping, no waiting, fast paced, more fun to watch and easier to organise (since it involves 5 players and requires less time than battle).
Teams that aren't camping in TDM are bad at TDM.

Also just :lol: to everything modus saıd and modus generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom