Aiming in 3rd person

Users who are viewing this thread

Noob question here.

Prefer being in 3rd person when enemies are close by, but also find I can't hit anything.
Do you aim differently in 3rd person? Any rule of thumb, like aim a little higher, or something?

Aye, just like in warband / Mount & blade.
Come to think of it, if you zoom in and out in 3rd person your reticule probably also changes. (press - or + to zoom in and out in 3rd person)
That is why I preffer to fire in 1st person. :smile:

Only times I ever go into first person is when my hat is in the way, as with the Highlander's hats like Kipsleverworst mentioned.

Adorno said:
Noob question here.

Prefer being in 3rd person when enemies are close by, but also find I can't hit anything.
Do you aim differently in 3rd person? Any rule of thumb, like aim a little higher, or something?

While your in third person the reticule is seen a bit higher then it actually is, try aiming at something close by in third person and then switch to first person; you'll see what I mean.

crazyJoe said:
I can not hit anything in 1st person. But i am a goodshot with 3rd.

Same. Only that if I practised a bit, I could also become good in 1st person shooting, I'm just lazy and got used to 3rd person really good.

Kipsleverworst said:
I think most people in regiments aim 1st person, especially when your bearskin is in the way :lol:
you are wrong! most people shoot in 3rd person.
altough it sucks! but shhhhh! dont tell it to anyone ! dont giveaway our secrets!

Adorno said:
Noob question here.

Third person aims slightly higher but is off center. Try to get in a habit of using first person and check out some of my crosshairs to help you.

I think 3rd person is best. You can see were the bullet lands. This helps you readjust your shot. In 1st i can't seem to spot the bullet.

I personally always aim in 1st person. But since i am leading a line and only have a silly pistol i prefer not to shoot at all.  :roll:

depending on the range and terrain, and if im behind a wall on defense in siege, i switch from 1st person and 3rd, at close range firing over wall for example, ill use 3rd person to aim while ducking, then switch to 1st perso, stand up and shoot. works rather well and means you spend less time being exposed

Back
Top Bottom