"Error, Unable to save the game!!" Fixed! Thanks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servitor

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello,

Any module I try gets this error when saving the game: "Error, Unable to save the game!!" I never had this before. Don't really remember when is started or what it started.

Re-Install did not work. Uninstall - Re-install didn't work either.

Please Help. I want to play 0.808's version of The Last Days!  :eek: So cool!

Servitor.

My last post explains what I tried.

The game will need access to Program Files & My Documents, if your account is restricted in either one it will cause this kind of problem.

Also check you're not running out of disk space or anything like that.

If both the above don't do it, try deactivating the antivirus and any other disk scanning type software you have running and see if that fixes it.

Servitor said:
Question: Where does M&B puts it's saves?

My documents(Your user's documents, that is)\Mount&Blade Savegames

The only fix I can see is deleting everything that's there, reinstalling and trying again.

My savegames are in the M&B folder. Are you missing a folder called Savegames, Servitor?

EDIT: Also in My Documents, it seems.

I do not have a Save games directory in F:/Program Files/Mount&Blade/ I do have one here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default\Mijn documenten\Mount&Blade Savegames
                                                  (My Documents)

Been there, done that.  :cry:

bintheredonethaep2.jpg

So you tried saving again with no avail? That is odd. Have you tried what Cymro suggested?

Nahkis said:
So you tried saving again with no avail? That is odd. Have you tried what Cymro suggested?

If I prod quicksave about 10 times it goes away.?

Ye, But not after this save game directory. Will try now.

Christ, how many installs of Windows do you have?

Try installing on the same drive as the My Documents folder (looks like C:smile: and see if the problem is still there. Could be the way the game is looking for the My Documents folder.

My game randomly does that. If I prod quicksave about 10 times it goes away.

Lol! That's not the problem either. Haha! Sound funny xD Prod quicksave 10 times... No frend Cymro, doesn't work. Thanks though!  :cool:

The game will need access to Program Files & My Documents, if your account is restricted in either one it will cause this kind of problem.

Also check you're not running out of disk space or anything like that.

If both the above don't do it, try deactivating the antivirus and any other disk scanning type software you have running and see if that fixes it.

My documents -> Mount&Blade Savegames doesn't allow things to be written on it, for it has a 'read only' square ticked, which can't me un-ticked. every single folder has the same issue, But it shouldn't matter, for this problem has been there for as long as I can remember. Ah yes, Before I forget:

The option 'Read Only' is first completely green. If I click on it it turns white, and if I click again it is a green vink, If I make any changes apart from completely green, and press ok and go back, then its green again.

try deactivating the antivirus

I will try that. Again.  :eek: For my problem has changed a little.

Try installing on the same drive as the My Documents folder (looks like C:smile: and see if the problem is still there. Could be the way the game is looking for the My Documents folder.

I find this rather... Impossible, but ok. I tried, with no avail.
Servitor
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Heh?  :roll:

Thanks for your great support!  :eek: The problem isn't gone yet though... The anti-virus doesn't scan anything but the startup of M&B. It must have scanned before and notice nothing changing.

Anyway, I would really like some clarification now. I might see if the 0.850 version of M&B will work. When it is out that is, and if to believe the rumors that should not be for much longer apart. Whatever... Not in the English mood. Sorry for the broken grammar!  :wink:

Servitor

Dunno when the next version will be out precisely, Armagan said between 1 - 8 weeks.

I'm confused as to why the My Documents folder would be read only. Even if you're running from a Guest account then you should have a (seperate) writable documents folder. Could be something to do with the account configuration, but to be honest I've never heard of it happening before

:shock: Really?

Anyway, Every folder in this computer seems to have read only.  :???: And I still have other games, that run fine. Omg you know what? This whole idea of read-only folders in the Documents and Settings just seems a fairy tale...  :shock: Ftw, it's so weird.

Still, I have a Administrator account. Why does freaking windows wants to be better then anything and everyone? Even the owner? Jezus...

If any word I use above is an insult to you, please accept my apology...  :???: I am getting pretty pissed with windows. Might as well try a restart. (Meaning that I annihilate this computer's info and stat with a blank bunk of hardware, and then re-installing.

Whatever, I am just not good in unexpected things coming into my life when I can't stand them.  :eek: Mount & Blade being the game I playe'ed the most...  :cry: But oh man, to refuse saving when The Last Days gets here, and when The Holy War is nearly here.

Still, I enjoyed the native as well.  :eek:
Servitor

Anyway,

Whatever the reason, but the third time I deleted my my documents mount&blade save-games to make a new folder I could save my games. Thanks for the help all of you gave me!  :eek:

I am so happy! Watch out orcs! Here I come!  :twisted:

Servitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom