Users who are viewing this thread

GrenCheval_Hanau13.jpg

Mercers_Battery_To_The_Guns.jpg
AveryanovA_Gen_Kostenetskog_Borodino.jpg
Napoleonic-Art.jpg

Général Colbert (centre) leading a charge with his arm in a sling:
1101011107151058317398500.jpg
friedland2sp5.jpg

The man with the ram-rod trying to knock an Uhlan out of his saddle is General-Major Kostenetskiy. He took over the artillery batteries after Chief of the Artillery for the 1st Army Kutaysov was killed. Here is a painting of Kutaysov's last moments during a counter-attack to retake the Rayevskiy Redoubt (and his artillery positions therein). The Redoubt changed hands several times during the battle of Borodino.

[spoiler="The mortal-wounding of General-Major Kutaysov" by I. Arkhipov]
oGs3g.jpg
[/spoiler]

Awesome! :grin: Never heard of him before, thanks!

Ooo, and more of Borodino:
Lejb_Guard_Litov_attack_at_Borodino.jpg

telenikcarabborod.jpg

0AveryanovA_BoyZaBagrationBP.jpg

0AveryanovAYu_BoyZaShevardRedutBP.jpg

And the Scots Greys at Waterloo (with some highlanders tagging along :razz:):
ScotsGreys.jpg
^
Note the cuirassier shooting the highlander in the back and the dragoon preparing to strike him down in turn.

The man being braced by two comrades in that painting (the first of the three) is Lieutenant-Colonel Timofeyev, who continued to led his battalion of the Lithuanian Regiment of the Guard with a bullet in his leg.

The 15th Hussars charging at Sahagun.
Warning: Huge!

15thltdragoonssahagunlarge.jpg

There's a picture of the 7th at Waterloo, but it's so small I can hardly show it off.

Damn,if only I could have found a decent size version of that the other day when I needed it :sad:

Here's the 7th QOH picture anyway, very small, which means its hell that I've been trying to cram it into a decent looking signature size.

dhm311.jpg

Back
Top Bottom