Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Holgard

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Ordyn

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Order of Business today:
First, the top seed will be played out, on a nice map with everyone (except me and the duelists) on a platform watching. I will shoot off a pistol, and the duels will begin. Ditto with the bottom seed.

Then we'll do consolation match for third place, and then we'll do the championship match, again preceded by a pistol shot, because that ****'s awesome.

Yeah? Yeah.

Please bear in mind Robo's server is not that big. If you want to be sure to watch, either bring along fraps or hop in early. This is both good and bad, it's good that there won't be as many distractions and all chat spam, but it's bad that not as many people will watch as I'd like. That's alright.

The duels proper will start at 7:15, I'm allowing the duelists to have fifteen minutes to test pings and get everything in order and whatnot.

Password will be 'sod'. Again, if you are recording or dueling or myself or robo, you get guaranteed entrance. If not, first-come-first-serve basis.

I would like (this isn't required by any means) for the duelists to be in Teamspeak 3. The TS3 server address is voip.arrakis-net.com and I'm in the TMW subchannel named 'SOD Administration.' Likewise, if you have concerns or want to ***** at me for something, please go there. If you just want to hang out and discuss, go there too.

It's not required, but I don't think there's red chat on Robo's server, and it's going to be hard for me to communicate through all the all chat spam. I could use Steam, but voice chat sounds a good deal more fun.

I'll be recording. Maybe'll record the TS chat too and insert it if it's any good. Maybe that'll motivate some commentators. Something.

Also, it'd be great if I could team up with another cameraman in order to make another dual-perspective dueling video. Let me know or something; my hopes aren't too high, but that'd be pretty ballin'.

SOD CHAMPIONSHIPS

First Place: Ordyn

Second Place: Rhade

Third Place: Holgard

Fourth Place: Tesla

Top Seed: 7-4 Rhade vs. Tesla.

Bottom Seed: 7-2 Ordyn vs. Holgard.

3rd Place Match: 7-2 Holgard vs. Tesla.

Finals: 7-1 Ordyn vs. Rhade.

Thanks to all participants for playing. All matches were done on time, which is in sharp contrast to tournaments in the past. This makes me happy.

Thanks to RoboCop for hosting the server.

Thanks to Deafening and Fehnor for recording it (recording will be posted later whenever they're done).

Thanks to Calamity and John for sort of giving me the idea.

Congratulations to Ordyn, the 1st place winner. He will receive a $20-or-less game of his choosing from my pocket.

This concludes the Standard Old Dueling tournament. I hope you all had fun, and it was a pleasure to host it.

For the record:

34dpfk3.jpg
  :razz:

Finally finished the first duel, Rhade vs. Tesla:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCA6BzK16wk

Check the description for basic info. Again, big thanks to Fehnor.

Not going to mention how long it took; working out the kinks to get this into a continuous timeline wasn't easy though. Not with free software at least :l . I should be able to get the rest of the duels up much sooner though. But I might be busy packing in the coming days, we'll see.

Consolation match finally up, I actually finished it like two days ago, but uhhh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64OZ-HmhOco

Look at all that abuse. Robo, I'm a much better admin. Probably.

Ordyn vs. Rhade will probably be up... I could have the vanilla version up in like an hour since both our recordings turned out well. But, dunno, I'll try to add some pizzazz. Or some well-timed music at least. So, might be a couple days.

Eternal's admining prowess:

Abusing guns - 1
Giving away password in fit of rage - 1
Actual proper admining - 0.

Ohh I feel so bad right now. At least it's not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom