• Tesla

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Holgard

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Ordyn

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Although I will be gone for a week after the 16th, and then from the 24th to the 28th. If i can get the duels in between those times that would be awesome.

How will server selection be handled, since you're offering an east coast server if someone wants a more central server versus another american?

The only thing I'll really lay down strict in that sense is that NA vs. EU duels must be fought on an East Coast server. Other than that, it's frankly just common sense. If a Westerner and Easterner fight, you're not going to have a duel on an NY server, but on a Central one. There's plenty of them around, from Robo's to Wappaw to a few others, so choosing a server should not be an issue. I realize many duelists feel a strong difference between 70 ping and say, 40 ping, but oftentimes a server can't be provided that's just for you. Anything below 75 ping in the case of an NA vs. NA match should be fine.

I realize that in the case of a Westerner vs. EU match the pings for both players would be awful, but that's honestly the only way for me to make the fights at least a little more fair for the euros.

If an issue does arise, however, it'll be taken on a case-by-case basis. I'm open to suggestions and what not, as I duel quite a bit but I'm not seriously competitive in the game mode.

It is, frankly. I'm forcing euro's to get above 100 ping no matter what they do. In every respect, it is an NA tournament.

Not to mention, the chances of a Westerner vs. EU matchup are fairly slim. We've got 3 euros so far with 17 NA players, and assuming that the Warband population is split evenly along the USA, that's 5-ish Westerners.

I'm really open to suggestions here, because I can completely understand if BB ends up fighting a euro and has higher ping than his opponent, then that's going to cause problems.

Eternal said:
I'm really open to suggestions here, because I can completely understand if BB ends up fighting a euro and has higher ping than his opponent, then that's going to cause problems.
As I'm posting my "What if I get matched against an euro?" thing the "another reply" warning comes up as I click post.

East Coast sounds more fair. In East Coast.. we can assume that EU will get around 110-130 ping while West Coast will get 88-110 ping. Whereas in a central server, EU will probably get 150+ while West gets below 80 ping.

In-Game Name: GK_ORA_Capt_dman248
Profile Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile
Steam Name/Other Contact Info: =VG= dman248
NA

In-Game Name:Balion_Sergeant_Lokkith
Profile Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=117711
Steam Name/Other Contact Info: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021267778
NA or EU?:NA

Back
Top Bottom