Medics

Do you think that there should be a way of healing teammates with a medic class?

• Yes

Votes: 83 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 94 53.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully the fact that most of the time getting shot or stabbed kills you means that medics would have very limited utility...

Besides medics would encourage camping as clustered defenders would just need to pull back to get healed then rejoin the barricade rather than fight gloriously with wounds until dead.

No medics.

You can play as a medic in the mod "China Battlefield WWII"
Very unrealistic.

And if you want to have medics they should have a saw... in order to make it realistic :grin:
But! I think having a medical equipment like a tent and such stuff would be an interesting thing.
Think about something similiar like the cannons.

With that argument..
I would say yes to a medic.

Feldmarschall_Ben said:
You can play as a medic in the mod "China Battlefield WWII"
Very unrealistic.

And if you want to have medics they should have a saw... in order to make it realistic :grin:
But! I think having a medical equipment like a tent and such stuff would be an interesting thing.
Think about something similiar like the cannons.

With that argument..
I would say yes to a medic.

And have people run back to the tent everytime they got hurt on siege?
that wouldnt work with onorganized people (AKA pubs)

i say NO to medic.

No

Field Medics should not be implemented because:

* most bullet hits are deadly, so you dont need a medic anyway. And it would be a bad move to lower the dmg just for this.
* unrealistic...even Dominique Jean Larrey did introduce  the "Flying Ambulance" in the Napoleon Army it was rather a
  CASUALTY TRANSPORT SYSTEM and not a field medic. They were sent to the main field hospital where most of the heavy wounded did die anyway from gangrene without Penicillin which was introduced only some decades ago in 1928, so even after World War 1. A direct "First Help" wasnt even possible in the Napoleonic times,  like we would expect it. This was introduced only around 100-150 years ago with the Red Cross and with its limited medical aid.

Please fix rather the bugs ingame instead of units which are not that much used anyway.....there are maybe other interesting ideas to add to this game which would fit better.

Dying in NW doesn't necessarily have to represent actual death. It could be taken to represent combat ineffectiveness... in which case the game's health system is far too forgiving. But in any event, a soldier still alive with a critical wound may die hours later on a ground-sheet under a tent, or he may recover and leave the army as an invalid - either way, he's not going to reenter the battle. No medic or stretcher-bearer is going to treat him such that can be rejoin his company, and even if a surgeon in the rear can salvage his life, it will take weeks to regain a normalcy of vigor.

Now, if a player gets wounded by a sabre slash or something and he still has health in his bar, a field-dressing could be applied to stop the bleeding... but NW doesn't simulate bleeding.

Bluehawk said:
Dying in NW doesn't necessarily have to represent actual death. It could be taken to represent combat ineffectiveness... in which case the game's health system is far too forgiving. But in any event, a soldier still alive with a critical wound may die hours later on a ground-sheet under a tent, or he may recover and leave the army as an invalid - either way, he's not going to reenter the battle. No medic or stretcher-bearer is going to treat him such that can be rejoin his company, and even if a surgeon in the rear can salvage his life, it will take weeks to regain a normalcy of vigor.

Now, if a player gets wounded by a sabre slash or something and he still has health in his bar, a field-dressing could be applied to stop the bleeding... but NW doesn't simulate bleeding.
Yup so basically this thread should be removed

boogaard123 said:
Bluehawk said:

"DAMMIT i got hit in the leg! MEDIC!"

medic arrives

"Hmmm...a bullet wound. Well off with the leg!"

Soldier dies

"There's another wounded soldier!"

Soldier commits suicide

Megaberna said:
"DAMMIT i got hit in the leg! MEDIC!"

medic arrives

"Hmmm...a bullet wound. Well off with the leg!"

Soldier dies

"There's another wounded soldier!"

Soldier commits suicide
lol

boogaard123 said:
Bluehawk said:

You should be removed.

Should make a new admin weapon called "Surgeon's Saw", and when you hit someone with it there should be large amounts of blood flying about and the one getting hit should get healed from it.

James Stewart said:
boogaard123 said:
Bluehawk said:

You should be removed.
So now you are singling me out from all threads. Your a riot *******. Please go and play mount and musket.

I don't think medics should be able to heal but they could have a bleeding thing were if you get hit you lose hp/time till you get seen to by a medic.

I played a mod of Warband (I think Brytenwalda?) Where your character bleeds from injury and loses life.

boogaard123 said:
James Stewart said:
boogaard123 said:
Bluehawk said:

You should be removed.
So now you are singling me out from all threads. Your a riot *******. Please go and play mount and musket.
I don't think a person can be a riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom