OSP Medieval 3D Art Russian Infantry armor

Users who are viewing this thread

dia151

Knight at Arms
Its a Russian early 15th century infantry armor.

17230193.jpg

made after this

b324621317eaa9422559bbf33cf05eda--russian-knights-armature.jpg

I am planing to do the helmet, gloves, boots. Maybe ill do those or maybe ill just say fu*k this sh*t and flip the table :grin:, we'll see

Download

.psd file to help you retexture it if you want

Use it freely. :smile:

I would like to get some community feedback if possible :smile:

Moderator edit (Updated download links):
mike56 said:
Here you have, good lads: https://mega.nz/#!9tcAjRQC!3ucrsrooWQd175SoZnIFlKu791xbzMz7YZxapbgc6N4

It's not the original package, but I had the brf and textures already installed on my mod and I've uploaded for you. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe in the future, when I get more armors of the same theme.

I got my hand on ospreys book about medieval Russian armies. There are some pretty neat stuff in there that Ill try to make.  :smile:

can you please make this hat?

http://www.furhatworld.com/thumbnails/listings/173x216_Mink_Full_Fur_Russian_Hat_302.jpg

really need it for my mod  :roll:

sry man, cant do, Im still pretty inexperianced in terms of modeling and been avoiding helmets as much as i can.
I tried making few helmets, but they all ended up looking like **** cause i messed up at some point.

You should try to make the belt larger, and place it a bit higher to match the picture design. Maybe enlarge the v-cut on the padded vest too, but it's a nice armor that's for sure !

It seems like shoulder pads are made of leather in the picture, but it's maybe lightning effect which makes it look like it for me ...
dia151 said:
sry man, cant do, Im still pretty inexperianced in terms of modeling and been avoiding helmets as much as i can.
I tried making few helmets, but they all ended up looking like **** cause i messed up at some point.
Funny, for me it's unbelievable to make a full uniform/armor so i only make hats/helmets :p ! I guess common knowledge would say it's just a matter of practice, still i think making a full armor is more difficult than helmets.

Keryyn said:
You should try to make the belt larger, and place it a bit higher to match the picture design. Maybe enlarge the v-cut on the padded vest too, but it's a nice armor that's for sure !

yes, that belt should have been larger. Ive never been good with belts, every time i try to texture one, never ends completly as it should. I guess next time im gonna have to add more actually modeled parts of the belt instead of trying to create them with textures.
No pain, no gain.  :smile:

Keryyn said:
It seems like shoulder pads are made of leather in the picture, but it's maybe lightning effect which makes it look like it for me ...

you mean in the picture of my armor, or the refference one ?

Keryyn said:
Funny, for me it's unbelievable to make a full uniform/armor so i only make hats/helmets :p ! I guess common knowledge would say it's just a matter of practice, still i think making a full armor is more difficult than helmets.

I dont do armors from scratch. I cant even imagine how to start making armor from scracth, what to do first lol. I dont know about top noch 3d artist like narf, bit I just use one native warband armor that i think would be the easiest to modify to look like the one i want to make  :grin:.

thing with that helmet is that i would have to do it from scratch, so i doubt in the income :grin:. Also that hat is covered in fur, since that cannot really be modeled it would have to be replaced by texture and again, i dont think it would look too good

I'm refering on the example you posted, you can see it has a brownish color on the soldier or at least i think it is.

For the helmet, maybe you could reshape the bascinet in warband and change it's texture.

Making armors from scratch in wings3D might not be that hard, but somewhat i don't know how to begin either, maybe a cylinder, then cutting the vertices end extruding the arms etc. I think the important thing is to keep things symetrical as much as you can until you make some really detailed things.

I'm painting belts on some uniforms for my module, and in fact, with shadows effects etc, it looks pretty nice, but it doesn't have the same impact than a previously modelled shape to match the texture.

I was looking into some ideas on how to make that helmet. There are few options on how to aproach it.

-Going for exact replica style like it is in the drawing
it would be hard, best shot would be to use those new helmets from narf men at arms pack, cause they have coif modeled to almost exactly like in the example. But they would have to be modified(i already tried, and its not that easy) to go over those shoulder plates, cause  if i leave the coif unmodified it would look like this. Also if they were to be above the plates, i think that would cause some ugly rigging
46578713.jpg
which leads us to 2nd option

-Leaving the coif unedited and mdeling the above part of the helmet
Since the coif would go under the plates, i dont know how realistic would that be, nor how good would the final product look

Then there is a third option

-Modeling the coif straight and vertical
that is the aproach of all the native helmets that have coif (for example that suranid veiled helmet). Coif would go vertically down untill it reaches the armor mesh

I don't know much about model and rigging, hope someone more experienced will  be able to direct you over this. You should try the 3d modelling topic if you haven't already.

Here you have, good lads: https://mega.nz/#!9tcAjRQC!3ucrsrooWQd175SoZnIFlKu791xbzMz7YZxapbgc6N4

It's not the original package, but I had the brf and textures already installed on my mod and I've uploaded for you. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom