THE BATTLE OF 8 JULY: Se Ðéodloga

Users who are viewing this thread

Harkon Haakonson said:
The Erlingar are currently assembling to discuss business regarding this feud... A statement should be made in the near future!

FORTH ERLINGR!

I hope you will join with us, friend, considering our Viking heritage

Willelm, as promised, I'm still here to defend your honour and your name.
I am a mercenary, you know, but my promise is always honored...always.
Let me be your cavalry guard, and together we will slash these...fyrningas?...or whatever they say to be.

The outcome of this should mean the death of either Eadric or William (they have to create a new character) :razz: Or at least that the loser drops his claim!

Kwal said:
The outcome of this should mean the death of either Eadric or William (they have to create a new character) :razz:
Interesting thought, and probably the most realistic one. One wouldn't allow a rebellious and defeated pretender to continue living...

Those of you wanting to sign up should remember to specifiy which host you would want to be part of. Not everything is sorted out yet, but so far the listed hosts can only accept guests into their rank up to a certain amount, with the english Óðre host as an exception, while Malgerius Rothomagensis archiepiscopus will welcome anyone into his regis bannum with open arms, to fight among the normans.

Still, more hosts will be added soon...

edit:  Also one has to remember the rarity of the cavalry in this event. In public playing the ratio of cavalry to the players of a team is set at a fifth part, and it would be unwise to exceed this in the event as not to unbalance the battle mode, so that there will be between 5 and 10 chevalers to be expected.
Since William will play as Conte class his retainers will have to be mounted, and for mere tactics it would be unwise to split up the cavalry by allowing other single players to play as chevaler. For this reason the cavalry slots will be limited to the Chevaler del Bastard.

Kwal said:
Saxon by nature, I choose to fight alongside the English. Put down Horvakre in your list and we shall **** Norman innards :twisted:

I guess as a lone warrior without a host I should fall under Óðre.

I cannot be a "Chevaler del Bastard" because i'm not meber of that clan, I cannot be "Pedaile del Bastard" for the same reason, and aswell for "La Cumpaignie de Runeville" and "Regis Bannum". However I will kill in the name of Willelme. as "Soldeier del North".

PS: i can say that lets play cav only to Chevaler del Bastard it is a bit unfair in my opinion. I like to play as horseman, but for this event seems that i cannot play as it...for all the event.

You are mistaken, Avgvstvs, as I wrote the Regis Bannum is a public host on the norman side. With the cavalry it is not easy, you know the impact of it very well and should understand that it needs proper organisation for the sake of the entire norman side. If they were open to whoever is fastest in reserving them, or even split up among the norman hosts, they would rather be disorganized skirmishers than the heavy and mobile shock-troops they can be.
Yet it is best if you discuss it with william directly, maybe you could join the bodyguard as honorary guest^^

Please take note:

The public host of the English side has been renamed from Óðre ('Others') to Cantwara Fyrd ('Army of Kent').

hrotha said:
I thought that non-clan players had always been expected to play as standard infantry in all events?

Indeed. In the opening post, under the heading sign-up, I wrote "[Non-affiliated players] are also expected to play as Fyrdman or Pedaile."

This mod is better off the more people join clans. I suppose this 'perk' during events can be seen as an incentive to join a clan.

I can't see which is the problem with the not-affiliates players.

RPG on
however I am waiting the Willelme's order about my position.
Hope that he will recognize about my worth on battlefield as horseman...as I showed many times to my Lord.

Back
Top Bottom